It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1 Billion Muslims and Growing

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I will not enter an arguement on religous beliefs. But I will post a reason why Americans think radical terrorist = all Muslims.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

"We [Muslims] have ruled the world [in the past] and a day will come, by Allah, and we shall rule the world [again]. The day will come and we shall rule America, Britain, we shall rule the entire world, except the Jews. The Jews will not live under our rule agreeably permanently, since they have been treacherous in nature throughout history."

When clerics preach this sort of thing, then alot of people are going to believe that all Muslims are ready to conquer the world. It promotes fear and hate.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Your right. But let me suggest that you always look over your shoulder - yes?

Dallas

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
ok, now we have 1 Billion Muslim vs 1 Billion Catholic

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
see the devil is no dummy.He is aliar and the father of lies. He is good at what he does, which is to fool people. So their is 1 billion more who still refuse to believe the truth...That is y the Bible says...only a few enter through the narrow gate...the majority cannot find the proper entrance

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here's a fairly recent headcount:

Religion - Number of Adherents in Millions
Atheism 222
Baha'i 6
Buddhism 325
Chinese religions (Taoism, Confucianism and Buddhism combined) 221
Christianity 1,955
Confucianism 5
Ethnic religions 103
Hinduism 793
Jainism 5
Judaism 14
Moslem 1,126
New Religions (Asian "blends") 106
Nonreligious 887
Sikhism 20
Shintoism 3
Spiritism 10
Other 2

www.progressiveliving.org...

Also is a pretty good site for educating yourself about the various philosophies.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_KING_sent_1
see the devil is no dummy.He is aliar and the father of lies. He is good at what he does, which is to fool people. So their is 1 billion more who still refuse to believe the truth...That is y the Bible says...only a few enter through the narrow gate...the majority cannot find the proper entrance

That's rubbish, as long as people don't committ 'evil' and malign acts such as cold blooded murder, rape, continious stealing etc. all the things we feel that are morally wrong then i don't see why the gates of Heaven would not be open to the most of us.

People should be judged on their actions, not what they believe in.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
One minor correction: its FYROM, not Macedonia.

Actually, according the State Department, it's Macedonia.

How old are these figures? There are twenty million Australians.

And there hasn't been a cencus in Cambodia in a decade, all figures there are mere extrapolations.

And who last counted the Afghanis?

But the original point stands. How many Christians are there? Given the divisions between them and the fact that they still kill each other why hasn't anyone in the secular world declared Christians the enemy?

In Iraq Sunnis (Wahabists) are blowing themselves up and killing Shi'ites (aka Shias) or ambushing busloads of cops and shooting them and leaving the bodies on the side of the road. Is this because the Shi'ites are not "true" Muslims? Religion isn't the reason, ethnicity is.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The numbers are not exact, however they are close enough to make the point.

This human world is being divided along the lines of religion. Islam is being intentionally demonized.

When war comes which side will you be on?

"You are with us or you are with the terrorists"

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
i noticed that mexico's listing was missing or im blind i know that the majority is roman catholic but i understand and hear that it unfortunatley islam is growing amogst the mexican culture as well. can anyone tell me what the stats are for that country?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm appalled at the ignorance of some of the people on here. I don't want to follow along the lines of some of the people on here that are pitting religion against religion but lets face it, it is that right? Or it has been made to be that...

Islam is a peaceful religion. Fact. If you have read the Quran and can understand it in Arabic, you will understand that everything has a context. As soon as you change even a single letter, entire sentences can change meanings. Look at the history of the world - If Islam was spread by the sword do you think there would be ANY Christians left in the Middle East? Any Jews left in the Middle East? No! Stop denying the facts that never come to light. The one billion people aren't crazy just like the other billion or so Christians right?

Extremists (Not Fundamentalists) are not Muslims no matter how people spin it. Although anyone fighting foreigners in their own land has the right don't they? I mean look at the Afghans against Russia - They had the right to fight the Russians right? Because it was their country/culture/life. That is a fact. The Palestinians for example have been demonized for decades when they are actually the ones who deserve international support (Which the Israeli lobby takes care of). I mean no one believes the Talibans were genuine Muslims (Islam preaches equal education - men/women, tolerance - Giant Buddhas, etc.). Umar (Caliph of Islam) even declared that the Jews and Christians should be left in peace to worship at their synagogues and churches. Fact too. So please read a bit more before spouting ignorance.

Fundamentalists are Muslims who are non-violent because they follow Islam as it was supposed to be - Peaceful and Tolerant. The 'terrorists' are the extremists and aggressors!

As regards the life of Muhammad, do you not believe a person has the right to defend himself? And live their life as their culture and period dictates? I mean I read people dissing Islam because Muhammad was a polygamist but then again, he never did have more than 4 wives at one time did he? He may have married Aisha at a young age but that too was prevalent during that period wasn't it? Also, she had already reached puberty. So no wrongdoing - Normal at that period.

Now, Jesus Christ preached peace and love and Muhammad preached Allah's message right? What is wrong? They may have different approaches because they lived in different times and they faced different pressures from their society. What you cannot deny is that both accomplished their missions - Christians and Muslims both are peaceful people, both love God, both love minding their own laws and business. The point is that the fact that Muhammad waged was doesn't mean he was wrong! For peace, there has to be war right? Now the times before Islamic rule were turbulent and there was great lawlessness (Female infanticide, murderous mercenaries, caravan attacks, etc.). But did Muhammad attack any innocents? No!

Muslims believe Jesus is the Messiah who shall slay the anti-Christ (Dajjal). They believe the message of Christ was perverted by people and Muhammad came with a renewed message from God - A bit like extremists perverting Islam right? Now, I think Islam and Christianity are supposed to be pals. I don't understand why a lot of Christians follow propaganda just like the one they blame the Muslims for!

Both religions advocate peace. Before condemning anything, the root causes have to be thoroughly examined. Terrorism stemming from the Middle East is nothing more than a result of Western influence in that region. We cannot comprehend why a person can so happily kill until we get into their position - Nothing to lose! Because of desperation and a feeling of unworthiness - World pays more attention to the poor Israelis - Illegal occupants.

The West has constantly messed with the Middle East and that is where all these extremist feelings stem from - Root cause! Out interference and propaganda to justify it.....

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You put it very nicely. Thanks for your post, it put a smile on my face.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
WELL, let me ask you guys a question .WHERE WAS TERRORISM BEFORE 9/11
WHERE WAS ALQAEDA, TALIBAN AND SO CALLED ISLAMISTS BEFORE THE CIA OPPERATION AND THE SOVIENT INVASION OF AFGHANISTAN.
AND YESS MUSLIMS DONT HAVE TO FIGHT THEIR WAY OUT.ISLAM IS THE
FASTEST GROWING RELIGION AFTERALL AND IF YOU ANAYLZE THE GROWTH RATE
ONE DAY .EVERY CHIRSTIAN WILL BE A MUSLIM LOL.
ISLAM will be the most widely practised religion in

the UK by 2020, according to British and Muslim
magazine editor Sarah Joseph.

She says mosque attendance is expected to outstrip
church attendance over the next 16 years.

Estimates suggest that anywhere between 10,000 and
50,000 people a year convert to Islam in the UK, which
is currently home to approximately 1.8 million
Muslims.
"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the country." NEWSDAY, March 7, 1989, p.4

"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the United States..." NEW YORK TIMES, Feb 21, 1989, p.1

Moslems are the world's fastest-growing group..." USA TODAY, The populationreferance bureau, Feb. 17,1989, p.4A

"Muhummed is the most successful of all Prophets and religious personalities. " Encyclopedia Britannica

"There are more Muslims in North America then Jews Now." Dan Rathers, CBSNEWS

"Islam is the fastest growing religion in North America." TIMES MAGAZINE

"Islam continues to grow in America, and no one can doubt that!" CNN, December 15, 1995

"The religion of Islam is growing faster than any other religion in the world." MIKE WALLACE, 60MINUTES

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by saadrashid_inc
WELL, let me ask you guys a question .WHERE WAS TERRORISM BEFORE 9/11

Hmm, let's see. Northern Ireland, south and Central America, Waco, Texas (kinda) Oklahoma. Ooh, that's right, who attacked the WTC the first time around? Bombings in Pakistan, India (not to mention Kashmir), Beirut hostages, The Red Army Faction (you have heard of Baader-Meinhof, right?), Aum Shinriko, mainland UK, Cyprus in the 50s (EOKA), Malaya at the same time...

WHERE WAS ALQAEDA, TALIBAN AND SO CALLED ISLAMISTS BEFORE THE CIA OPPERATION AND THE SOVIENT INVASION OF AFGHANISTAN.

"Ilamism" has been steadily growing in places like Pakistan and Iran for decades. Remember, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan matches closely with the Iranian Islamic revolution, which brought in a hard-line Islamic theocracy.

The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan was merely the end-game in a political process the USSR had been undertaking in Afghanistan for years. The late-20th century replay of something that began with Czar Aleksander. Pick up a copy of "The Great Game".

Admittedly, Al Qaeda wouldn't exist without the Soviet invasion, but "radical Islamism" certainly would.

Off-topic:

EVERY CHIRSTIAN WILL BE A MUSLIM LOL.

I know I can be a pedantic pain in the arse, but would people please stop ending every statement they make with lol or LOL. It doesn't add anything to your argument, but it certainly detracts from it.

What is a Muslim Lol? Are they a sect like the Sunnis and Shia's or a breakaway like the Ba'hai and Druze?

Given the virulent strains of protestantism to be found in the US and the strength of Roman Catholicism to be found in places like the Philippines and Central and South America, your statement is patently false (which I'm sure you realise) and without the benefit of your nuanced pronunciation I can't find the humour in it worthy of laughing out loud.

edit: damn quotes

[edit on 4-9-2006 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Double post, what the?

[edit on 4-9-2006 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
YEAH .you answerd all of my questions but what abt the fact that " ISLAM IS THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION"--- dude you have no answer to that one.
If been hearin alot abt the word " islamists" can understand what the f** it is .Yess there are fanatics .but there are black sheeps in every community .The biggest terrorist in the world was Hitler who was a chirstain, but did any one blame chirstanity for him nooop .So why is Islam blamed for usama bin laden . i knw why
cuz why should america blame CIA for usma .so lets just pick on muslim fanatics.
okay there are alot off muslim fanatics BUT only after the events such as kashmir and palestine .lets say a muslim army marched across italy into rome and started commiting warcrimes would the catholic community just stand there and watch noop. to conclude it all.
Muslims states being invaded without any proof(iraq) = uprising ,restlessnes and eventually fanatics.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
YEAH .you answerd all of my questions but what abt the fact that " ISLAM IS THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION"--- dude you have no answer to that one.
If been hearin alot abt the word " islamists" can understand what the f** it is .Yess there are fanatics .but there are black sheeps in every community .The biggest terrorist in the world was Hitler who was a chirstain, but did any one blame chirstanity for him nooop .So why is Islam blamed for usama bin laden . i knw why
cuz why should america blame CIA for usma .so lets just pick on muslim fanatics.
okay there are alot off muslim fanatics BUT only after the events such as kashmir and palestine .lets say a muslim army marched across italy into rome and started commiting warcrimes would the catholic community just stand there and watch noop. to conclude it all.
Muslims states being invaded without any proof(iraq) = uprising ,restlessnes and eventually fanatics.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by saadrashid_inc

Because I chose not to address it, does not mean I do not possess an answer or cannot subsequently find one.

True, at the moment I don't have an answer for that. I will need a little time to check, but I find statements like that to be backed by little information. What is your proof that it is so? Once I have found information either way I will reply.

Is it a fact? My first response is a question: Can YOU prove your stated fact?

I should tell you now that disproving your "fact" has remarkably little priority for me just now. I'll wait until you've digested a little of what I've said and realise I am not agreeing with you before I do.

I find the Islamic revolution in Iran to be ultimately responsible for more terrorism than the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
If islam is the fastest growing religion in the world it just further supports my argument that most people in the world are too stupid to be using my air.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Currently there seems to be a growing trend aimed at claiming that Islam/Muslims are the enemy. With that observation I thought it appropriate to bump this thread.

As this "war on terror" continues, along with brutal sectarian violence primarily in Iraq, it is more often heard that Islam is the single and whole cause of all related problems.

Again, I ask... Is Islam the enemy?

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Again, I ask... Is Islam the enemy?

simple enough
no

the problem isn't islam

the problem seems to be the social and political instability of areas that are predominately muslim
some person then takes islam and uses it as a means of control

actually, IMO, all religions are in many ways the enemy, for they are ripe for this sort of exploitation

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join