It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Deaths Prompt Police Alert Over 'Choking Game' (*Updated*)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It is natural to seek altered states of consciousness, both drugged and drugless mind expansion.

Toddlers spin into dizziness in the living room, merry go rounds, swings, skate boards, bicycle jumping, and the list goes on.

It eventually confuses the person between sensuality and spirituality.

Some methods of DME are fatal.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

There is a point in time where you are just lucky to have made it. I hope these people reach this time but if they do not, I don't think it is any indicator of how society as a whole is progressing. It is an indicator as to how much they pushed their luck.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I gotta admit, I was choked out by somebody at a party once - we were goofing around wrestling - and euphoric is definitely the word I would use to describe the feeling. You would think something like that would seriously suck, but no...

You kind of wake up feeling like you're being ripped out of heaven.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
I gotta admit, I was choked out by somebody at a party once - we were goofing around wrestling - and euphoric is definitely the word I would use to describe the feeling. You would think something like that would seriously suck, but no...

You kind of wake up feeling like you're being ripped out of heaven.

I think that's called a NDE....
Careful. There's a fine line between "near" and there.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Brandon Stine, 11, Dies after Playing Pass Out Game

source

An eleven-year-old boy is dead because he played a game we've reported on before. Many kids are not grasping how deadly it can be. They call it "The Choking Game", "Pass Out" and other names, but what it should be called is dangerous and crazy.

This is so scary because it could happen to any child, even good and smart kids. Brandon Stine was warned about this game, but he didn't listen. Now, his parents are hoping somebody else's child will.

"I just thought we would be best friends forever and he'd always be there for me, and I just never thought in a million years something like this would happen," said Brian Stine, Brandon's father.

However, on Sunday afternoon, they didn't know it, but their lives would take a drastic turn when Brandon's little brother walked into his bedroom and he was dead.

Brandon's mom and dad are feeling the kind of pain that cannot be put into words. Their family will never be the same again.

The loss they're suffering is still so raw it just doesn't seem real, especially when they think about how Brandon died playing the "Pass Out Game". The goal -- to stop the blood flow to the brain. Some kids play this with friends, others alone like Brandon.

"He promised me up and down that 'Mom, I would never do anything that stupid,'" Jenny Stine said.

Brandon's family is only speaking out so soon after his death because they can't stand to see someone else hurt the way they do. They know lots of kids are doing this, and they are begging them to stop.

"You need to talk to your kids over and over again, and check on them constantly and look for signs," said Jenny Stine.

Young people also need to understand that every time this game is played, you are destroying brain cells, not to mention the risk of permanent brain damage, seizures, memory loss or broken bones.

How horrible.
My heart goes out to this young mans family and friends.

People, talk to your kids, please...

peace

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Whatever happened to just smoking a J and listening to loud rock music?

When did asphyxiation become part of the plan? What a bloody awful shame.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerMonkey
Whatever happened to just smoking a J and listening to loud rock music?

When did asphyxiation become part of the plan? What a bloody awful shame.

When they criminalized / demonized "just smoking a J".

Best quote in this thread, IMO, from www.abovetopsecret.com...:

Originally posted by duality90

These kids are playing this absolutely stupid game to get 'high's because we as a society have completely castrated our youth of any trust or responsibility whatsoever and have forced them to live in a false world where those under the age of 21 are considered to be such an enormous danger to themselves that we cannot allow them to do anything which is intrinsically fun, albeit mildly risky, behavior.

These kids are doing this because they are extremely bored living in a society which has denied them any opportunity to have normal fun and grow up educated about the dangers of risky behavior. Instead we have decided to excise them from such risky behavior (such as mild alcohol consumption) altogether, whilst all along those over the age of 21 continue to partake in such frivolities right in front of their very eyes. Who can blame them for wanting to see if the grass is greener on the other side? We have denied them a view of the other side for so very long that it is only natural they will become curious.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Let these idiots die young so when theyre older we dont have to put "it's a bad idea to hang yourself while masturbating" PSA's for the "adults."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
We had idiots doing this in high school too...As someone else has mentioned, it was a long time ago for me to.
I suppose each generation thinks they have stumbled upon something new.
I doubt it will ever be stopped. Sad.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Well, here's what happens when kids can't get a hold of relatively safe intoxicants such as marijuana.

Marijuana is not safe. The toxicity of marijuana is unbelievable. It leads, not least, to mental illness in later life.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I've seen somebody do this before it's pretty weird, In class one time a group of like 5 of us stood around watching and I was supposed to catch the guy. I let him fall because I swear he was fine but he was out. Once he hit the ground though he was fine. The teacher freaked out though and she said we had to go to the nurse so she could talk to us about it. I know kinda how they did it but didn't want to post it here.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

UPDATE

‘Choking Game’ Continues To Affect Area Families

All it takes is a cursory YouTube search to find dozens of videos depicting kids passing out after cutting off circulation to their brains.

Some use their bare hands. Some strangle themselves with a belt or rope. Others push on their chest or hyperventilate.

It’s really no game at all. It’s suffocating on purpose.

Deadly 'choking game' spreads to Australia

A dangerous "choking game" has become popular in Australian schoolyards, with children as young as 12 taking turns to asphyxiate each other for thrills.

The game has gained notoriety in the US where it has been blamed for 82 deaths among children since 1995, most recently last month's strangulation of a 12-year-old boy in Colorado.

Now Australian kids are also trying their hand at the dangerous pastime according to teenagers in Queensland, Victoria and New South Wales, who have told ninemsn the practice is widespread.

'This [choking] is hardly a game — it's quite disturbing," he said. "These things are regrettable but teachers are always available to help."

According the American Medical Association, 86 percent of the 82 children thought to be killed by the choking game in the US were boys, with an average age of 13.3.

But the number of victims could be higher given death certificates do not distinguish between choking game and other strangulation deaths, said the AMA report, which was published in March this year.

This month a survey of high school students in Ontario, Canada, found 79,000 students — or 7 percent — had taken part in the game, according to the Toronto Star.

Twelve-year-old Josh Swaggerty died in Bayfield, Colorado, on April 16 after he apparently wrapped a belt around his neck while mimicking the game alone in his bedroom, the Durango Herald reported.'

Stay vigilante parents and family and friends.

peace

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Ehh since this is legal I think I can talk about my experience... I was with a group of ppl and I never thought I would do it cuz I didn't wanna loose brain cells but because of the "altered" state I was in I thought it would provide more euphoria - after I crossed my arms and let my friend lift me up, I just "came too" on the ground as if I was unconscious (which I was) and it felt like no time passed when in reality 5 minutes did go by. One of my friends who did it a lot said I looked crazy since I was twitching on the ground spazzing out for 5 minutes like I was possessed and it freaked her out lol. That was the one and only time I tried it because when I was young I had the messed up notion that I wanted to experience every sensation and feeling known to man, I guess it was a decadent and self-pleasing desire but we were all into decadence at that time...

Even though it's free I don't see why people would want to get "high" this way by just getting knocked uncouscious. I personally can think of something more fun 2 people can do with each other instead of blocking each other's blood supply to the brain...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join