It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians lose another bid for privilege at work, thank god for that.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

It's ridiculous that you are using this article persuade? -- people to believe that all Christians operate in this manner or worse that Christianity is somehow defined by a man on a crusade that erroneously took his soapbox to work.

What's so different between a man climbing on a soap box and trying to tell you how to live and one climb on a donkey (colt?). Interesting choice of word "crusade" , Freudian slip ?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

True christians would not set themselves on a pedestal.
We are to put God first,others second and ourselves last.
Putting others ahead of yourself is not easy to do.We are
selfish by nature and have to learn to think of others before
ourselves.

Psssst...I have some space rocks to sell you real cheap.I have
been told,by experts,that they are from mars.My accountant
can take care of all the mundane details.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

We are selfish by nature and have to learn to think of others before ourselves.

If this is corrrect then you have no other than jesus/yahwhe to thank for being created selfish.

So your creator designs you in selfish mode then somehow programmed you to unprogramme yourself so as to operate in a manner contrary to that you were programmed ?????

Sounds like yet more christian gobbeldegook reasoning to me M and only makes any sense to those who require not an ounce of logic.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
strange replys in this post. you get up goto work to A work or B have conversations about what ever happens to be on your mind?
if your at work on the clock you should be working .If you are emailing friends, talking to your co worker about god or the game or any thing else other then work YOU ARE STEALING . so if this dude was talking about God on company time he was stealing from the company .
They are not paying you to chat .
now if it is brake time that isn't company time and no matter how annoying this guy was its called freedom of speech .
I have worked with people who on brake would be totally annoying I just walked away steeped out side using my freedom of movement .

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

You have never in your life discussed any of these things at work?

You must be really young.

At least once a week various business associates bring up the economy and or President Obama.

I have brought them up before and that's how I learned not to. I'm definitely not young. If other people bring up politics it's their business. I usually duck out or change the topic as soon as possible.

Trivial things like what?

You may have bored someone to tears talking about your last gig, or about the Ludwig drums you just scored at a garage sale.

Good, really, then people will leave me alone. Oddly I work with a lot of musicians so this topic doesn't work against me.

I hear what you're sayin'.

I will say, that over the years I have had to listen to a lot of things I didn't like, foul language, racism, political views, stories about someones sexual exploits, etc. etc..

The world in general crams an agenda and philosophy down my throat, everyday.

If you care enough about your co worker you will respect them and their beliefs, and be careful what you say, and how you say it.

If you care enough about them, you will stop them before they say or do something stupid, that gets them fired.

The truth is, most people don't care enough.

That's a good philosophy. To me I avoid any of the sure-fire hot button issues and religion and politics is right up that alley. I'm a libertarian in a bipartisan world and an atheist in the bible belt. I'm sure as heck not going to invite the trouble that'll come from discussing either.
And as I said, if someone starts in on it I find something else to do or something else to talk about; keeps them from digging themselves a hole.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
The highest path of most religions is to speak openly about the religion and basically convert others.

Do I want this happening in my workplace? Absolutely not!

Yes. Why would I not want you to be able to talk about your religion? Its a fascinating topic. People at work talk about TV, about sports, about politics, about fashion, about sex, about family, about any number of things. To suggest that some things in the workplace are just too offensive and that that is religion is ludicrous and based on intolerance.

If you are offending someone on a regular basis and making the workplace hostile then there should be a discussion and an eventual dismissal but it cannot be - he said the Raiders were the best NFL team - cry me a river and fire him! There needs to be some reasonable logic involved and in this case if he was repeatedly telling Mrs X that she was sick because of her behavior then that would constitutes hostility. Your assertion that that is what all Christians believe is equally ludicrous though.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
If you are emailing friends, talking to your co worker about god or the game or any thing else other then work YOU ARE STEALING . so if this dude was talking about God on company time he was stealing from the company. They are not paying you to chat .

Come off it. People are HUMAN not automatons. If your workplace is like that then it sucks and I wouldn't ever want to be part of it. We relish having non-workplace conversations at work because it builds up the team and creates a stronger bonds which improves efficiency overall. Your idea of the workplace is communist at best.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
And as I said, if someone starts in on it I find something else to do or something else to talk about; keeps them from digging themselves a hole.

Thats a bull# philosophy though. We should be able to discuss our lives with other people - at lunch, during breaks, otherwise we're presenting a front and being fake - you can't build relationships that way and its just as important to have strong relationships at work as it is outside of work. If your lucky you'll be working with those people for a long time and actually spending more (waking) time with them than with the rest of your family and friends.

If you get offended when someone brings up religion thats something you need to figure out on your own. I've had tons of conversations with people of other religions and politics and I enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The OP is claiming that he/she is not a Christian hater. I would certainly take that claim with a grain of salt, but I'm not a mind reader.

What I do know is that the OP has chosen to post a thread about what he/she perceives to be false victimhood of a Christian in a sub-forum that is actually dedicated to conspiracies.

It would seem logical that if the OP is just finding any excuse to post threads that portray Christians in a negative light that he/she may actually harbor some ill will towards them.

This thread has NOTHING to do with conspiracies and at best belongs in BTS. But that wouldn't provide the preferred venue for anti-Christian screeds, so to hell with rules and where it should go.

Eric

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Thats a bull# philosophy though. We should be able to discuss our lives with other people - at lunch, during breaks, otherwise we're presenting a front and being fake - you can't build relationships that way and its just as important to have strong relationships at work as it is outside of work. If your lucky you'll be working with those people for a long time and actually spending more (waking) time with them than with the rest of your family and friends.

If you get offended when someone brings up religion thats something you need to figure out on your own. I've had tons of conversations with people of other religions and politics and I enjoy it.

Sorry, it's just not worth the risk of developing a rift. Sure, people can talk about what they wish and I respect their opinions. I won't get offended at what they'll say but there is a high likelihood that they'll get offended at my opinions (just like what happens on this site). On work property and during work hours I'm not going to participate in a conversation that has potential for disaster. I can build good, strong relationships with people without discussion religions and politics. You may find it B.S. but this formula works just fine for me.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

You can build strong relationships but to talk about God in life.....no.

What He did for us to be sojourners with Him, friends, i talk about seeking and finding His lead. He has me doing a career choice that is beyond my ability, but I can trade currency accounts with His walking beside me. Trading currency accounts is gut wrenching unless you have a helpmeet

so, i talk to my buds about that and prohpecy.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

The OP is claiming that he/she is not a Christian hater. I would certainly take that claim with a grain of salt, but I'm not a mind reader.
[/quote

Agreed you are certainly not a mind reader and are very incorrect, as a matter of fact some of my best friends happen to be christians and I certainly don't hate them.

Christianity a conspiracy ? Indeed it is my friend let's make some comparisons shall we .

The Illuminanty Conspiracy = A group of well placed wealthy people (possibly families) infiltrate many aspects of life, politics , media, education, government and attempt control societies to enrich themselves.

It is alleged that populations are subjected to propaganda mind control exercises that encourage them to think in a manner that suits the Illuminati creating a situation of "self policing" by individual groups and a propensity to "self brainwash" by fear .

Christianity - A group of people attempting to influence societies so as to create conditions that would conform to their belief system. The group is broken up into sub groups and many of the sub groups are heavily influenced by "Charismatic Controllers" who make monetary demands through guilt and fear of the individuals within the group.

The most influential leaders of this group infiltrate positions of authority and influence in order to further their agenda of creating a society that conforms to their thinking.

Individuals within the group at lower levels wherever possible, attempt to steer society toward their way of thinking whenever the opportunity arises. A good example of this is education, whereby individuals of this group take up positions of influence or authority and attempt to access the minds of young children in order to begin the indoctrination process, regardless of the wishes of the child or the parent.

So there you go mateyboy, no I absolutely am not a christian hater, a christian is a person and I don't tend to hate people. However, I do hate religion for what it does and christianity just happens to be one religion that is working very hard to influence my life. I would like to say I hate what christianity stands for, but it doesn't seem to know what is stands for so that's out the window.

Conspiracy in religion ? Please take the time to think of how conspiracy is defined . I suppose you could argue that the title is wrong and that it should be "Conspiracies of or by the religious" .

Toss this type of thread into BTS ? Again, this could be the argument of the conspirators to deflect critical discussion exposing their delusional belief system for what it truly is - a cash cow provided by the sheeple to enrich the few with wealth and power.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by The Djin]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

He has me doing a career choice that is beyond my ability,

How can anything be beyond your ability if you believe you were created in the image of an omniscient being ?

Surely if you were created in this fashion you either would or would not be created with or without any given ability ?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by boondock-saint

The Christian in question was evangelizing at work. That's always a no-no. I don't see hatred here. I see someone getting called out on irrational behavior.

Work is for work.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
In response to the original post.
Adult. It means being able to voice your opinion and make decisions about what you like and what you don't. Lately it means getting to sue when you don't get your way or you feel offended. You are never a "captured audience" at work. You simply say "can we pick a different subject, I don't feel like discussing that here at work" If the person continues, you are more than free to WALK AWAY.
Case in point, my wife was sick... really sick. We took her to the ER and while we were awaiting some tests the nurse walks in and starts talking about Satan doing this to my wife while giving some iv meds. My response? Thanks ma'am but could you please take care of my wife. People get the point if you allow them the CHANCE.

Continuing my rant about adults refusing to act like adults.
I don't understand people. Bitch about Christmas... a PAID holiday... A FRIGGEN DAY OFF YOU GET PAID FOR. Instead you sue to have it removed as a holiday... Do you like working that much? You don't have to celebrate it... it's called CHOICE.
Same thing about offensive television (this is mainly the church folks)... you don't like it change the channel. Your kids watching it? Make them stop, do a better job monitoring what YOUR kids do. It's not the TV exec's job to watch your kid.

What I want to know is, why don't people go after Muslims like they do Christians? Scared? The Muslims I know require every Friday off , they speak about their religion in the office DAILY and no one says a thing, but bring up Jesus and holy damn grab the pitch forks and the torches because it's time for a PARTY.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by brutalsun
In response to the original post.
Adult. It means being able to voice your opinion and make decisions about what you like and what you don't. Lately it means getting to sue when you don't get your way or you feel offended. You are never a "captured audience" at work. You simply say "can we pick a different subject, I don't feel like discussing that here at work" If the person continues, you are more than free to WALK AWAY.

Did you read the story? This was a housing client visiting a government service council who was told for a half hour that she was sick because of a lack of god and faith and not to trust doctors. This was not a case of "talking about god at work" in the casual sense and this guy did indeed have a captive audience and exploited it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

www.wandsworth.gov.uk...

gee, the wandsworth council have a .gov site!!!
it's part of the british gov't???

and gee, this guy it seems was working with the branch that helps homeless people???

and the christians are crying foul on this one???

I don't live in britain.....I'm in the US, but well, it would certainly be considered foul over on this side of the pond to use tax money to tell a person that they are sick because they aren't faithful enough, or godly enough, and well.....then to go on about the worthlessness of doctors to someone who has gone into a gov't agency for help!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I have lived in Wandsworth all my life (33YRS). A school friend of 20 yrs works for the council in question. I don't want to comment on the dos/don'ts regarding religeon. All I can certify is that my friend knows the person who lost their job. The person in question was given THREE written warnings with regard to their behaviour and choose to continue preaching and was therefore sacked (fired). The council is not intolerant of peoples religeon as Muslims are allowed time off for Friday prayers and prayer areas are provided for ALL religeous people.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by The Djin

There will be another holocaust sometime in the
future.I believe it will be against the christians.
Threads like this one are good indications to support
my hypothesis.

And the books of Revelation/Daniel.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
For some christians, the possibility of becoming a real martyr is probably very attractive, so they can prove their faith. They'll be secretly thrilled by the thought of being properly persecuted and victimized, instead of all this undignified heckling.

But as science now has become the new religion, and the animals' rights people would be down like a ton of bricks on anyone trying to use lions the good, oldfashioned way (=as a religious argument), I'm afraid, that very zealous christians just have to take their thorazine like everybody else.

This can ofcourse be considered to be a kind of holocaust, if you're used to thinking of yourself as elitist (ofcourse being endlessly meek about your superiour status), privileged and with divine dispensation to push your way to the front of the queue of powergrabbers.

You see, even contending for world-domination has now been organised
by us darned humanitarian peacemongers, so everybody wanting a power-monopol gets a queue ticket, wait their turn and have their case send to a commitee.

And to think of, that just some centuries ago, christians could burn, drown and hang other people as they liked. Those were the days.

It's sad.....sad.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by bogomil]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join