It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians lose another bid for privilege at work, thank god for that.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

An employment tribunal has ruled that a Christian housing advisor, who used his position at Wandsworth Council to evangelise, was not unfairly dismissed from his job.

Well, another big win for the voice of reason

Ms X said she had been left “very upset” after Amachree gave her “a half-hour lecture on the fact there was no such thing as an incurable illness, doctors should never be trusted, that my problem was that I did not have God or faith in my life so therefore was ill as a result”.

Not content with the fact that should Ms X as a last resort gone to a church and found no evidence of the wild claims of voodoo magik by christians, they will resort to taking it to work to ram it down the throat of a captured audience.

Judge Phillips said he was not persuaded that Amachree was treated differently from (i.e. more harshly than) anyone else in a similar situation

There you go, no special treatment anymore folks ! Christian, jedi, muslim scientologist or Smurf, when you go to work leave your religion at home. If your opinion is wanted it will be asked.

Mr Amachree said: “I am devastated by the outcome. This is a sad day for Christians who simply want to live out their faith in the workplace without fear

WOW !! An incredible home goal there, this poor deluded man claims to go to work with a celestial minder that can walk on water, create tsunamis on a whim, raise the dead but Mr Amarchee fears being in fear ???!!!!!

The Christian press reacted in the usual disingenuous manner by leaving out the important details and claiming in the headline to their story that Mr Amachree has been fired for “mentioning God in the workplace”

Suprise suprise, twist the truth to cover up the fact that the invisble man in they sky failed to show at court to defend his case !!

No doubt on Sunday the pulpits will screaming to the sheeple how satan has infiltrated the council management and more money is needed by god.

Full article --www.secularism.org.uk...

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
Suprise suprise, twist the truth to cover up the fact that the invisble man in they sky failed to show at court to defend his case !!

geez, another Christian hater ??? hmmmm
I didn't know God had a case to defend.

But his court is coming up shortly,
maybe you can stick around for that one

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I'll be to going the weighing in at thoth's gate myself....
second line.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

geez, another Christian hater ??? hmmmm

Why is it always in a thread like this exposing the conspiracy of Christianity, that normally the first people to mention hate mostly happen to be chrsitian ?

No one is hating anyone buddy, although I do admit to deeply resenting christianity I have no hate for anyone.

If you cannot find anything compassionate or understanding to say please don't come at me from a place of alleged moral superiority, you will probably make yourself look very foolish.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Op ... maybe you should weigh-in on Oz Weatherman's thread and spread some of your joy there, if you haven't already

To me, your thread was designed to garner offended Christianity supporters, in order you could vent your spleen upon them

That being the case, and the fact it's so obvious

... I will not enter into discussion with you and wish you well

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Pay no attention, when your life is based on blind faith, that blindness has an uncanny way of infecting every aspect of ones life.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

well thanks for that opinion of yours .

I'm thanking God now that you don't work anywhere near me !

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The highest path of most religions is to speak openly about the religion and basically convert others.

Do I want this happening in my workplace? Absolutely not!

The OP is not baiting religion in my opinion. If I was a Satanist, do you want me trying to convert your children at school. Maybe at their first places of employment.

I can't say I disagree with the OP, not in the least bit.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Well it is completely wrong to evangelise ANY religion in a secular place of work. Supose if I turned up talking about my pagan religion what would happen? Why should Xtians have special privelidges...

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy

well thanks for that opinion of yours .

I'm thanking God now that you don't work anywhere near me !

Why should you be grateful that I don't work near you ?

I would come to work do may job and go home, If during the day you happen to ask my opinion on any part of life then I would give it and you could take it or leave it.

What I absolutely wouldn't do is come to insist that the workplace be a pdium for my opinions or beliefs and insist that our employer should pay me and allow me special privileges to proselytize to you.

Surprisingly I'm quite a nice decent guy you know obviously being decent and nice doesn't cut it as these traits come from me and not an invisble man in the sky.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Supose if I turned up talking about my pagan religion what would happen? Why should Xtians have special privelidges...

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with you discussing your pagan ideas at work should I show an interest, but don't insist that the dude who pays our wages provide you with magik chair and longer breaks for you to try and convert me to your beliefs. (I'm speaking rhetorically here not at you personally dude)

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The Christian in question was evangelizing at work. That's always a no-no. I don't see hatred here. I see someone getting called out on irrational behavior.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Yeah, you are a christian hater. Not even worth to discuss with you.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
to be honest i think your all a bunch of whiners, specially the OP.

i dont think talk about any subject should be prohibited at work. i thought we were all adults, but i guess since a few cry babies get offended at certain subjects we need to implement 3rd grade prohibitive rules.

but for future reference, if i ever end up working with any of you, your all welcome to attempt to bestow upon me whatever divine knowledge you feel like discussing to kill mutual time, pagan or otherwise.

seriously folks, all i see in this thread is WAAAAAH WAAAAAH WAAAAAAH WAAAAH *sniff*

grow up.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Well put I agree with your point especially "work should I show an interest,"

The person in question got into problems become the recipient did not show an interest. I know employment in the UK . He would have had many warning before being sacked. Now he wants to claim martyrdom.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

“a half-hour lecture on the fact there was no such thing as an incurable illness, doctors should never be trusted, that my problem was that I did not have God or faith in my life so therefore was ill as a result”.

first point I would like to make is that christians will go to the doctor if they get sick enough, they will take their children to the doctor if they are sick enough....

the second point I would like to make is that some of these christians, will end up dying because of sickness.....bet that will happen to most christians sooner or later, ya know, get sick and die......
so, I guess that in these christians cases, their problem was that they did not have God and faith in their lives???
na, that doesn't work now does it???
it must be that they didn't believe in God enough, live a good enough life, have enough faith, right???
because it just couldn't be that a natural part of life is getting sick and eventually dying.....na....
you're sick, you must being doing something wrong!!!

I find what the guy said was quite offensive not to mention untrue. and, was probably meant to hurt the person he was talking to, or at least make them feel a little inadequate, and him to feel a little superior.....
"God" is not an open permit to hurt people, emotionally, or physically!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

There will be another holocaust sometime in the
future.I believe it will be against the christians.
Threads like this one are good indications to support
my hypothesis.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

any christian that thinks they will never die a physical death, is confused at the very least.

i know what your attempt at labeling "christian cases" was aimed at, however in case your uninformed, this one person, in this one story, does not represent Christians everywhere.

that conclusion you came to about the story was interesting, to put it mildly. i cant say that im surprised you were offended. However i am wondering how exactly you think the person was implying that the other was "inadequate" by responding that no disease is incurable. I was led to believe that the other person was the initiator of the conversation possibly making the claim that some disease had no cure(maybe cancer?). im then led to believe that their response was something along the lines of "no disease is incurable etc etc". that sounds like a positive response to me. How exactly is telling somebody there is hope, implying that they are "inadequate"? inadequate to what???? dieing????? and your offended by that?

it sounds to me like what started off as a discussion, eventually turned sour. i know if i didnt want to discuss a topic, i wouldnt sit around for an hour and a half participating.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

An employment tribunal has ruled that a Christian housing advisor, who used his position at Wandsworth Council to evangelise, was not unfairly dismissed from his job.

Well, another big win for the voice of reason

I guess you can't figure it out. When they start taking away our liberties, yours will be next. We need to stand up for each other.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
any christian that thinks they will never die a physical death, is confused at the very least.

I'm a Christian and I'm not confused. I might die a physical death or I might not due to the rapture. Wouldn't matter to me though because I'll end up in the same place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join