It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happened with the relief well ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
In June, more than one month ago, the first relief well was supposed to reach it's destination in 2 weeks. Since then they stopped talking about it.

We all know (atleast I hope), that there are leaks on the seafloor and that the only solution is the relief well. They even admit it in this interview :

www.aolnews.com...

BP oil spill incident commander Thad Allen announced this afternoon that the relief wells at the Macondo well site will be finished after all.

[...]

1. Has the well been plugged?
It has been plugged, but not completely.
2. Did the static kill work?
The static kill successfully lodged a cement plug in the well, but today's tests showed that pressure below the plug was still rising, indicating that the final, bottom-kill solution from the relief wells is still necessary to kill the well once and for all.
3. Why are they still digging the relief wells?
As Allen has repeatedly said, the Macondo well will not be considered officially killed until the relief wells are finished and mud and cement can be poured into the bottom of the well.
4. When will they be done?
Work on the relief wells has been stopped this week because of bad weather. Allen said they had not yet decided when work on the wells would continue, but they expect it to take four days to complete them from that time.

They keep "delaying" the relief well... This isn't very good. Maybe the first relief well that was due to arrive in jully failed, and they are talking about the second one.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
i hear they don't need it.

i think they should do it just to make sure, tho.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I thought drilling was postponed due to bad weather.

I don't know whether they still intend to finish it.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this very important question to people's attention even though many seem not to be too interested. There was supposed to be 2 relief wells... the relief wells were the ultimate solution and one of them was supposed to be making great progress. Isn’t it amazing how something that was so crucial to ending this disaster just suddenly goes away once MSM stops talking about it? And everyone here follows the lead….

So they have trouble finding oil, Obama’s swimming around in the water with his kids and scoffing down seafood, and now the two very important relief wells disappear… like they never existed.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
i hear they don't need it.
i think they should do it just to make sure, tho.

If they tapped into a huge well and the well blew out of course they would need the relief wells at least to extract the oil from the well and relieve the pressure once they successfully capped it.

If there's no need for a relief well then there was no oil well to begin with.... this whole thing is looking more like a hoax all the time.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
I don't know whether they still intend to finish it.

They have to finish it. If they don’t finish it then there WAS NO OIL WELL!

No relief well = no oil well.

If you never here about these relief wells again, which is the final step to stabilizing the pressure and extracting all that oil from what some have said to be the biggest oil well in the Gulf, then there was no oil well… period.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If the relief well was making good progresses, they would have reported it, even if it wasn't important (like they did with every stupid attempts that was made so far). But all of a sudden it's not important for the media and nobody gives a # about it, even on ATS. And the funniest is that BP itself admits it's very important and they can't declare the problem solved without the relief well.

Nice manipulation here. The public is just bored of hearing about the catastrophe. It doesn't sells well anymore.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
From what I seen the relief well has issues with the mud they were sending down in the static kill method. It was said the well during the static kill process had so much mud sent down it actually entered the OIL VOID and began to come back up the well on the outside of the pipes. The OIL and MUD that came back up OUTSIDE THE PIPES then began to store in areas around where the relief well is SUPPOSED TO INTERCONNECT WITH ORIGINAL WELL.. So they stopped the relief wells till they figure out another distractor....

[edit on 8/16/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
But all of a sudden it's not important for the media and nobody gives a # about it, even on ATS.

So let me see… they (MSM and ATS posters) determine what is and what is not important. I say this because 99% of ATS commentary is saying, or not saying, exactly what MSM is saying regarding this event.

I suspect that they know they can’t sustain this illusion of a disaster indefinitely while one of the main purposes for creating this illusion seems to be failing and that is to get the poor people to leave the Gulf.

They tried to scare them out, spray them out… may have even tried to HAARP them out but it’s not working. As I once said, they can only do what they are permitted to do. And so far, by all appearances, they are not permitted to shove the poor out of the Gulf.

These same hordes (the Brits) tried this in the Gulf back in 1814 with superior force. It was called “The Battle of New Orleans”. The Brits had up to 14,450 troops, many battle hardened from the wars against Napoleon and 1812. The US had up to 5,000 troops comprised of folks from Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, the Louisiana militia; Baratarian pirates (Frenchmen) Choctaw warriors and free black slaves.

Now we have the same thing again: superior force (turncoat Feds, BP, chemical and weather weapons, and their psyche warfare propaganda machine) unable to clear out descendants of the very same folks they couldn’t clear out the last time who are now fishermen and former slaves.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Please join our brave Gulf Coast warriors in Washington on Labor day for Spill into Washington. Print out pictures make them poster size. Visuals work best when you want someone to see. Think about it, cameras and those who need to see are drawn more to visuals than words that are hard to read from a distance
Thank you for all your considerations we need the nations help don't let us die in vain.
And yes we have kick British ass before, don't mess with the south.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
They are still going to do the relief wells. They were supposed to have completed this weekend.....but Thad Allen told them he wanted more testing first. So right at this moment, they are doing pressure tests and they hope that if all goes well
.....completion of the relief wells should take place by next weekend. They really HAVE to do the relief wells or the well will not be killed (contrary to them saying it is ALREADY dead....it's NOT). What they were considering skipping was the "bottom kill" before the relief well.....they were discussing skipping that and just going forward with the relief well.....bottom line....we don't know exactly WHEN they will continue to drill. The fact that Thad Allen wants more testing means they question if the top kill really sealed it......uggggggh.....and so it goes on......

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
The fact that Thad Allen wants more testing means….

The word “fact” and Thad Allen in the same sentence shows how theatrical this whole event really is.

Thad Allen told them he wanted more testing first.

Now Thad’s ordering BP around… Like now all of a sudden he’s the expert. I guess they take turns ordering each other around and doing each other’s job. BP does the Coast Guard’s job by ordering them to keep everyone out of the area and the Coast Guard does BP’s job by ordering them to do more testing. What a fantasy…

Now they can say they completed the relief well(s) at any time but that would send out the signal that the “disaster” is over and no longer a threat. But if they still wanted the “disaster” to continue after completing the relief well(s) they would have to invent more fairytales like there are too many ruptures in the seabed for the relief well(s) to have any effect. Record some more fake ROV imagery and keep the “Up to the minute” thread going for another 4 months.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Relief Wells Delayed ... New Tests Show "Gap" in Oil "Well Column" Causing Loss of Pressure ... Does the Government Have ANY IDEA What It's Doing?

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

The fact that Thad Allen wants more testing means….

The word “fact” and Thad Allen in the same sentence shows how theatrical this whole event really is.

Thad Allen told them he wanted more testing first.

Now Thad’s ordering BP around… Like now all of a sudden he’s the expert. I guess they take turns ordering each other around and doing each other’s job. BP does the Coast Guard’s job by ordering them to keep everyone out of the area and the Coast Guard does BP’s job by ordering them to do more testing. What a fantasy…

Now they can say they completed the relief well(s) at any time but that would send out the signal that the “disaster” is over and no longer a threat. But if they still wanted the “disaster” to continue after completing the relief well(s) they would have to invent more fairytales like there are too many ruptures in the seabed for the relief well(s) to have any effect. Record some more fake ROV imagery and keep the “Up to the minute” thread going for another 4 months.

Well....apparently, you read the "up to the minute" thread.....it's not my thread, but there are people who work very hard on trying to make some sense of this. I would love to read any contributions you have made.....please list links to any threads you have....love to read them!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
its prolly the "capped" well everyones been staring at all this time
secondline.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
They just announced they are going to begin the relief well after all.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
They just announced they are going to begin the relief well after all.

I was expecting them to do that.... They have to cover all bases... I suspect that not mentioning the relief wells was an oversight in their ongoing complex propaganda campaign. The question raised by the OP of this thread may have had something to do with bringing this oversight to their attention.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Well....apparently, you read the "up to the minute" thread.....it's not my thread, but there are people who work very hard on trying to make some sense of this. I would love to read any contributions you have made.....please list links to any threads you have....love to read them!

The "up to the minute" thread is not my thread either. I will not extend energy reviewing footage of a crime scene provided by the criminals responsible for the crime.

My contributions started a month ago in a thread titled “Gulf Oil Disaster Illusion staged by BP/Media/Government?” www.abovetopsecret.com...

They deal solely with the theory that the oil spill is a manufactured illusion. Even though the vast majority of observers of this event still believe there is a real oil spill disaster, since the posting of this thread additional clues have been mounting to further support this theory, some of which are:

750 boats can’t find oil, Obama eating the fish and playing in the water, photoshopped images, little mention of relief wells etc.…

Add these clues to the clues in the thread I posted and you may not agree with this theory but I’m certain that you’ll agree that the theory is worthy of consideration… especially on a forum that deals with conspiracy theories.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

The "up to the minute" thread is not my thread either. I will not extend energy reviewing footage of a crime scene provided by the criminals responsible for the crime.

My contributions started a month ago in a thread titled “Gulf Oil Disaster Illusion staged by BP/Media/Government?” www.abovetopsecret.com...

They deal solely with the theory that the oil spill is a manufactured illusion. Even though the vast majority of observers of this event still believe there is a real oil spill disaster, since the posting of this thread additional clues have been mounting to further support this theory, some of which are:

750 boats can’t find oil, Obama eating the fish and playing in the water, photoshopped images, little mention of relief wells etc.…

Add these clues to the clues in the thread I posted and you may not agree with this theory but I’m certain that you’ll agree that the theory is worthy of consideration… especially on a forum that deals with conspiracy theories.

It is a very interesting theory. I respect your thoughts and I will always keep an open mind. I really wanted to hear what you had to say, and that's why I asked for the link. I have heard so many theories....but you know, that's how the truth will come out someday.....by many people putting thier heads together. We may not always agree with each other, but I will always repect your ideas and right to put them out there.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
THis entire thing is shaddy. Odd how swine flu then mass natural disasters and earth quakes and now oil all in about a year+.

TPTB must have ants in there pants or things really are at the end "biblical shiz"

top topics

join