It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenege for everyone!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by Nostradumbass

Well, what I often wonder is, are we each in our own reality? You and I may have merged realities for one moment, but then, I will go off in a whole complete other direction in the multiverse than you.

I know exactly what your talking about. I've had that same thought as well. I equate it to a sim game. I used to play a game called Spore...where you could download other worlds that other people created and could create your own character in it. Everything was man-made, but everything you experience is AI.

Originally posted by GypsK
*L* I pondered this question many times.

My personal beliefs lean close towards the holographic universe theory.

our bodies and our physical environment aren't real, only our 'soul' is (but our soul isn't located inside the hologram, only projected here)
I also consider that, inside our personal holographic environment, we ARE the center of our universe, because this experience envolves around us, not around others.

See, thats what I talk about when I see coincidence. I don't really believe that your just part of my imagination...Everyone breathes and sees the same way, but I do believe that we all have a sort of collective conscience. You know if you have a facebook, that somedays it seems like everyone you know is having a bad day. Or how yawning is contagious. Or how when you are driving down the road and look into someone else's window they almost always look back?

It's the same thing about the holographic theory. I had never heard anything about it until a few months ago. And now it seems like a whole mess of people have bought into it and bring it up all the time. Or how when I start seeing 11:11 on the clock a lot, a boat load of threads pop up about it.

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by Nostradumbass

Quit it you're freaking me out!

Sorry about that...didn't mean to scare ya
I'll be the first to admit I'm a little narcissistic, just the way I was brought up I guess. The more you think about yourself usually the stronger and better leader become, but everyone around you suffers. Just look at society...greed is a terrible thing. Someone also mentioned Hitler earlier, he is a perfect example. Don't ever buy into anything I say...I just throw it out for discussion.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
you know that i am real because i am laughing at your name. and i wonder how you got away with a name like that.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Technically speaking, NOTHING can be proven. If you apply the most rigorous standards to any concept you can imagine, even yourself, you will find that nothing can be proven by yourself or anyone else. (Warning: don't think too much into this because it could very well make you insane!)

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nostradumbass
Can you prove to me that you are real?

I am... but, the real question here is... Are you??

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If someone wondering if their existence is real means they are insane, then I suppose you should begin viewing each Buddhist and Hindu as completely insane, because that is one of the noble truths of their worldly views.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is calledsolipsism and is pretty common. I've experienced it before, pretty trippy.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Hey, since you're just a figment of my imagination, why are YOU asking ME such difficult questions? Huh???

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nostradumbass
Hey guys,
When I was a young kid I always used to joke to myself that no one else was real, and everyone is in the world is just a product of imagination.

And now the older and more in-tune get with myself and everything around me, the more I realize how disturbing this thought actually is. I've had some crazy coincidences, happenings in the past year of my life and it sort of begs the question who is in charge of it all? God? Perhaps it's me? It may even be my dog, eh?

You take a schizophrenic person, put them in an unstable environment, and suddenly faces start appearing on the walls. No one else can see them, but does that make them any less real to the schizophrenic person? Of course not. So as connected and unified as our conscious is...there is certainly a hint of disconnection from human to human as well.

So I issue a challenge to you guys. Can you prove to me that you are real? A conscious, thinking, free-willed person like I believe I am. Or are you just an extension of my personality and imagination and work like a computer program. I input data into you, you process a function a predetermined response, and output it to me?

Just because we say the sky is blue does not mean that we see the same color. So I challenge you ATS, how can you prove your existence?

The thing is, you dont have an idea how much you are right.

"Everything that is real, is real only because your mind KNOWS its real".

In some other post i gave an example of the controversal reality. I'll give it again.

Let's say a blind & deaf man is raised in an empty white space. There are no walls. The man lives there until the age of 20. You bring this man into your room and tell him to cross from point A to B which are separated by a Wall. What would happen next is YOU see the man bang his head in the wall trying to cross from A to B, BUT, if you had a way to ask that person what happened he would tell you that he is already at point B and nothing happened. Let me explain:
Your mind KNOWS (Not assumes, not 99.9% thinks, KNOWS) that a man cannot cross through a solid wall, because god damn, its a wall!
But on the other hand, the blind&deaf man has never experienced walls, he's not aware of barriers of solid matter.

The reality was TWISTED FOR YOU and created a "New blind&deaf" man who banged his head! But the blind&deaf man crossed that wall, because in his reality - WALLS ARE FICTION.

Trust me on the sentence i have quoted on the top of the reply.
You might see the sky as a blue sky, but i might see it as a warping orange/pink gas grains. The problem is - We would NEVER know each other's reality, because i am created by the criterias of your knowledge, and so are you to me.

Try to understand it, its hard, its mind blowing but remember this:
Feelings are NEVER "just" feelings, its different from thought. All your life you felt it and you're more than right.

BUT

Do not get out of this reply with a feeling of "Oh, so no one is real!", everything is still real, but shaped.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Era ]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join