It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

duality creates logic and intelligence

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
duality always creates the scenario of choosing between yes or no. Now to choose between yes or no, one have to have logic. But logic alone does not make any decision . You need have a reasoning power ...meaning intelligence.

So what I realized was duality is the reason why we have intelligence. Without duality, there will be no such thing as intelligence... as in you won't need it.

what you think?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I've always held a belief similar to this.

Depressed people are generally intelligent...either that or really unlucky. Because your constantly battling back and forth with yourself. You ask yourself "Is this right?", "What am I doing wrong", "Why do I feel this", etc. And you create so many scenarios you seem to know what works and what doesn't.

Wise people are happy.
Intelligent people are not.
Dumb people are happy because they don't have to pick one or the other. They just live inside of their own mind, not using much sensory input, or having to introspect much when a problem arises.

But like I say I would rather be a happy mentally challenged person than a miserable millionaire any day.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Yin and Yang is totality through duality

Similar concept to Dialectics

Thesis and Antithesis create Synthesis

This is where real wisdom comes from

Binary thought is what is destroying humanity.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura
duality always creates the scenario of choosing between yes or no. Now to choose between yes or no, one have to have logic. But logic alone does not make any decision . You need have a reasoning power ...meaning intelligence.

So what I realized was duality is the reason why we have intelligence. Without duality, there will be no such thing as intelligence... as in you won't need it.

what you think?

The stronger the brain, the more doutbt/thought/concern that brain faces.

In other words ignorance is bliss lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
We have intelligence because it was the most effective means of assuring our procreation. Or at least that's the Darwinist point of view.

Personally I think that duality is a side effect of intelligence as practiced in a social environment. Choices in an exclusively isolated setting actually become mostly non-choices.

If you are alone and hungry you don't wonder if you should eat or not, you simply do. The last piece of pizza in the box conundrum doesn't even cross ones mind if one is alone. But make it a social setting, by including a mate or a family and suddenly the choice to eat that last piece of pizza or not becomes a very important issue. We now need to weigh our hunger against the common good and not just against our own, infantile wants.

To live among others we simply have to have a dualistic nature - it gives us the ability to rationalize more than one side of any given situation and to, therefore, be able to empathize with the possible perspectives of others.

Or at least that's how it seems to me.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

I agree, actually. Let's say you try a tomato and don't like the taste. Why not record that in your duality record so you don't have to do it over again?

I guess that it is important to be flexible and open-minded as well, however. And recognize bias. I believe that duality is tied to culture, as the post above me suggests.

Hmm... I'm beginning to wonder if I chose to stay in 3rd density with the way these ATS posts have changed from when I was feeling love and light of 4th density.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by darkbake]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
thats one of the first posts I really dont have anything good to say ... @ lol

maybe duality is something existent in our universe as a quantum phenomena ... I dont know, I never thought about how our intelligence works

off course it had to do with evolution, but, how exactly it work it out ... thats hard

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The interesting part of the constant doubt and battle of intellect is that in the end you discover that all things are true and that the only difference is perspective. Take that as you like.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

what you think?

Divinity is Simplicity.

Logic isn't really intelligence. Logic is a limited belief system (tool) placed into humanity's consciousness (by humanity). Sure it's helped up get to a certain point ... but to progress universally and as a species, we must move beyond logic into the totality of everything else... That which is Truth.

You can move beyond duality into acceptance. Then you will find some peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There is also the belief that of yes and no is an illusion. The belief that we make discriminations of good and bad among appearances and cling to the agreeable. To break your argument down to it's simplest, you believe in the duality of existence and non-existence, birth and destruction. In reality the two cannot exist as separate, because one will not be without the other. Instead, truth may be that they are one, just as the moon reflects in a pool of water.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I was reading a book, I believe on sociopaths, and it mentioned that being able to hold two contradictory ideas was a sign of intelligence... I would agree, because things often go back and forth. You can't count on 1 side to always be right. Everything is always changing. I think its important to find a balance between both sides of the coin.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

I may be wrong on this, but isn't binary, the combination of two resulting in one? If so, then wouldn't a synthesis be the binary of the antithesis/thesis? I like your post, the last sentence just confused me. Could you clarify what you meant? Thanks.

As far as the OP is concerned:
I think the OP made a good argument and it makes sense to me. S&F.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Perhaps I was incorrect in using the word that way, but my understanding of binary (in terms of binary code) is one is on the other is off, either/or, one or the other. (I understand using different combinations and number of digits creates different numbers etc) - I think I might of been wrong in terminology in an attempt to sound cool.

What I meant was this perpetual 2 sided argument and understanding that dominates our sociopolitical landscape.

White/Black
Rich/Poor
Good/Bad
Friend/Enemy
Love/Hate
Truth/Lie
Right/Left

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If you study Nonduality ...then you will be surprised to find out ...that it is said that there is no such thing as duality ...it is Illusion.

Sure we can say that Intelligence, choice, free will, and all that exists ...but it exists within Duality ...hence there really is no such thing as nonduality.

Nonduality is an Illusion based on thought. The thought of something isn't the actual ..... a thought is imagination ..or the realm of the not real. Nonduality itself is a Higher intelligence from which were One operating on this level then there is no such thing as confusion about choices and so on.

A blade of grass, a cloud, or a tree are without labels ...they just are. The mind comes in and starts plastering labels and ideas about stuff that just is ...and has just been for billions of years even before we came here.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Oh ok, I couldn't agree more with you then.

Trying to sound cool huh?
Your amount of knowledge and wisdom already makes you pretty cool in my book brother.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtinguish

this world would be impossible for any of us to imagine

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

good post.. I donno how you can study or examine non duality. I believe we humans can only think of its existence but cannot study it. Impossible. I also think of blade of grass, clouds, rocks etc to be a non-being, which is opposite to us beings.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

what you think?

I think you are exactly correct.

Duality feeds the mind and what it calls intelligence ... the realization that intelligence is unrelated to knowledge or truth can only become when the mind liberates itself of the conceptual relativism of duality.

Many intelligent people are mired in suffering, in fact more so due to their intelligence ... the above is the reason why.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Some often claim to the famous labels of 'illusion'.

What is this label 'illusion' actually?

Mankind had been given the basic 5 senses -see, hear, touch, taste, smell. When the senses are in accord, it is reality, and it is such that give birth to sciences rather than to accept beliefs. And sadly, some believed that beliefs are illusions for it fails to conform to our 5 basic senses.

Sad because we choose NOT to believe when our 5 senses are not in accord. The more drastic ones are those who presume the world do not exist because they had not gotten out of their homes or hometown. As they had never travelled to the cities, they dont exist. That basic 5 senses becomes his comfort and solace..and reality..

Thus everything else becomes an illusion to him. A frog in the well, that never explore beyond the walls.

Great post, OP. Stars and flag.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Maybe this is why there is a higher likelihood of being a genius if you are bipolar? Maybe we are figuring out why we have to have duality. Without it there is nothing. Its an opportunity to learn from both sides of everything.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join