It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i cant even speak..after watching this

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Hey moron they have been killing Americans and anyone not of Islamic faith since before we even got to the middle east......Shows how much you know!!

That is really the level of discourse one expects from an adult male in the armed forces. You forgot "nuh uh" and "says you!"

I did not even say anything about whatever you are trying to address.

One day the terrorists will strike on US soil and I pray to god that I am the troop that is near you when you are bleeding out from a suicide bomber or any terrorist act.

When is this going to happen? What information do you have? You do realize that with each and every post the concept of you being old enough to be in the military becomes more and more hard to swallow.

So I can look you in the face and say " Awww, I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!"
Gosh, as long as we are hoping crazy things - let's hope I am in bed with your sister when it all goes down.

Trust me it is coming!!!!

That's what she sa...I mean ditto.

You people don't understand what the terrorists groups are planning and doing out there.

but you do? Why are you not sharing?

For christ's sake THEY ARE KILLING THEIR OWN PEOPLE with suicide bombers......

I am fairly certain none of that is for Christ's sake.

They want EVERYONE not of Islamic faith DEAD!!!!!! Get it through your fat little heads. You all are ignorant.....

Why do none of my Muslim friends try to kill me?

I am not fighting for freedom or whatever mumbo jumbo the president says.... I am fighting to rid the world of these terrorists so everyone can be safe.

Which ones? Specifically which ones threaten my safety? Any plans to fly a plane into the cornfield or empty stretch of highway outside my house?

Even you scumbags who slander and talk sht to us service members. Look up all the terrorist attacks that have happened in the last 100 years.... Look up terrorist attacks on americans.... in America, in England, In India, etc etc etc.

All Muslims eh?

They are the ones that you should be hating on.

How about we hate on anyone that kills innocent people, taliban, alqueda, US forces alike?

They cut peoples heads off on the internet and kill and torture for fun.

How do you cut off someone's head on the internet? Need a T1 line or something for that?

They kill there own people, women, children, and themselves all for a bullsht cause RELIGON.....

Then step back, let them kill each other and do not worry about it. Seems pretty simple unless you are just saying the brainwashed things you have been "taught" to make it easier to hate people you know so little about.

Who were the men in the video beheading or blowing up with that camera? Maybe it was the child/van bomb?

We are killing them to protect the rest of the world.... This is not genocide...

How very noble of you. You deserve a pat on the back. You must have unlocked some super MP achievements rewards.

We are not killing all muslims....

Trying though, eh?

We do NOT fire unless fired upon or if there is a threat of being fired upon.

Like walking with a camera? That the sort of threat you mean? So any time you get scurred?

These wars have had the fewest civilian fatalities of ANY major war in history.

"I only raped her a little, your honor. Other people got raped way worse by other rapists in the past."

Yea there are a few cases of innocents being killed, ITS WAR.

War against whom?

What about the journalists the terrorists beheaded on the internet?

That was a shame too.

What about the innocent truck driver that was kidnapped just trying to make some money for his family?

Again, also a bad thing.

What about All the US service members that were killed in the bombing of Khobar towers???

Yup, bad when people die.

What about the innocent lives lost in 1998 United States embassy bombings???? The list goes ON AND ON AND ON.

It does seem to go on and on.

What it does not do is make any sense. How does firing on these reporters relate to the 98 bombings? Please explain again why it is ok to shoot innocent people because of the 98 bombings. Please.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

I never said it was a military job, and I agree, the immigration laws etc are a mess, and Obama needs to do something about it.
And yes, they got over here easily, but like I said, they had help along the way. But it's still not like any insurgent can come on over is it. If you left Iraq, and Obama tightened border control and immigration, maybe the people of the US can feel a little bit safer.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Recommended reading:

On Killing - The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman.

Helps explain how situations like this occur in wartime situations.

From the methodology of training, to the stressors of real-time involvement in military conflicts - how the human mind can snap and dissociate in even the most noble of men during combat situations.

It's a sad account, but lends an inside look into the training, actions, and dehabilitating mental casualties of soldiers after the war has ended.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Reign02,
I have to agree with you about everything you said, citizens just do not understand. If your claims about being a vet is true then you out of anybody should know that, but I think you are fighting an impossible war to win on this thread, the people are war-weary and videos like this just adds fuel to the fire, obviously. The soldiers are not to blame, THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE OF THE SOLDIERS ARE. The soldiers are just doing what they are told, not because they are puppets, because IT IS THEIR JOBS! When you are at work if your boss tells you to do something, you do it, if you don't you lose your job. Soldiers are just like you and me, and they have jobs like you do, this is theirs, and they are trained to do it.

People, you have to look at the bigger picture here. This is war, we all die, and the soldiers just signed up exchanging money for their service, which means they are pretty much paid to possibly die sooner than everyone else. Soldiers are there just because the country LEADERS want them to be there. Soldiers would love to be in there nice little home perfectly safe from danger to be on the internet just surfing bashing people on forums like everyone else.

I agree that this video shows in-proper ROE but people you have to understand, the soldiers there are on constant alert for groups of people exactly like in this situation, the chopper was there for a reason, to protect our troops because they called for air support, which means they had a reason for it being there. My opinion on what they were carrying is it is hard to tell, it could of been a tripod, but it also could of been a weapon, and they figured "better safe than sorry"BECAUSE THEY WERE IN THAT SITUATION BEFORE. but they should of waited to fire upon them, like I said, in-proper ROE. As to the children in the van, that is CLEARLY a tactic to avoid being fired upon, SHAME ON THEM,if it isn't a tactic why the F do you bring your children to where a CHOPPER JUST FIRED ON AND KILLED 10 PEOPLE?!

Now let me state that I am against not only this war, but all war. I do not support it at all, this is all started by TPTB, not anyone of us nor the soldiers. Soldiers don't start wars, they fight them, THATS WHY THEY ARE CALLED SOLD-IERS, they sign a contact selling their rights away, they SELL themselves to the government that STARTS the wars.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eldix
It's no use Reign, these pathetic imbeciles will never understand until they themselves are affected.

You mean until we choose to go and shoot at people in their own country for WMDs, I mean Saddam, I mean the Taliban, no Al Queda, or because they is all just a killin each other?

Yeah, probably not.

I will never understand the stress of being attacked by a den of bears until I go in one and poke a nose or two either so it will be hard for me to sympathize with shooting a family of bears in their den.

Crazy aint it?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
TV Reporter's Voice

...and in other news today, Internet surfers condemned active duty military for not passing out hugs in a live fire zone. Ignoring the irony that their own dollars support violent movies and video games compared to Drama and Romance at a ratio of about infinity to one.

Now too Athena with commentary....

Picture cuts to a desk, with the Greek goddess Athena who has pushed her helmet of invisibility up off her face and it is resting on the crown of her head

Violence is never pretend.

I know why the aliens don't land. Look at our movies. We really get off on violence. I mean have you seen some of this stuff lately.

The last time there was a civilization advanced enough to generate massive amounts of art, that everyone was sophisticated enough to _know_ was entertainment, well... they all turned into terrible gods, traditions, and tortures for a thousand years when it fell.

I ask you America, what kind of apocalyptic millennium are you making for yourself when everyone forgets the movies were just pretend. The movies you paid so much to see. Are any of your favorite movies or games non-violent?

Show goes to commercial for Tron Legacy

David Grouchy

[edit on 14-8-2010 by davidgrouchy]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

You are 100% correct. Unfortunately, many on these threads don't have the faintest idea whats really going on out there until they live and breathe it.

Terrorists are like ghosts, you never see them coming and when they do it's way too late to say thankyou to our troops.

Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
it's not our fault they look like iraqi's, i mean its not like we're in iraq where 99% of the people who live there are iraqi's. it's ok, these are enemy combatant killed in combat from ground soldiers. that apache wasn't there and highly trained US troops went in blazing killing all enemies in sight.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Reign02

You are 100% correct. Unfortunately, many on these threads don't have the faintest idea whats really going on out there until they live and breathe it.

Terrorists are like ghosts, you never see them coming and when they do it's way too late to say thankyou to our troops.

Ignorance is bliss.

yeah thats true, like our guided missiles and bombs. they never see it coming, or like those rounds from the apache, they can't even hear it before it hits them. i guess its too late to kiss their wives goodbye and hug their kids one last time.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

It's kind of like damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I recall a story in Israel not all that long ago. A young man dressed exactly like Haredi, acted and spoke like Haredi got on a bus. Afew minutes later it took only one soldier on his way home that senced something was amiss. Between him and another, they took a chance not knowing for sure, grabbed the Haredi and got him off the bus....only to find 20k of explosives wrapped around him. That was a very lucky day; perhaps a miracle in fact.

Other days, were not so lucky in Israel, Britain, Russia, USA, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Spain....and so on.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
and yea you guys are right I am fighting a pointless battle on this thread as these people have their minds set and think they know what is really going on. Please do not take it from the war veterans posting on the thread.... They really don't know what they are talking about ...............
. Im 100% sure that me and my fellow vets on this thread know a lot more about the current situation in the middle east more so than every civilian on this site. One day you will be thankful for what we do. And you will realize that we are doing it for YOU not the government. Good day 2 all.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
That's Enough....

Any further attacks on other Members and your account WILL come under review and you could lose your posting privileges..

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

If you can not discuss this maturely, intellectually and without resorting to childish name calling, then do not post.

Semper

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Thats Hamas and Islami Jihad for you!!!

That's Chechnen rebels for you!!!!

That's IRA for you!!!

That's ETA for you!!!

and there are sooooooo many more of them, there's not enough room to list them all here.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

This is not isolated to the Middle East, its WORLD WIDE and there are so many terrorist groups. Every day a new terrorist group is born, they hit anywhere any time and have no empathy, NONE for the innocent lives they destroy.

Like snakes, you cut off the head and 2 more grow. It's as simple as that.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

He went downrange deployed with a horrible unit with bad leadership and he is saying that it is like that everywhere.

I'm just trying to understand you correctly, is it possible that this is the only
unit to have bad leadership?!

This guy just was deployed with a bunch of morons who don't know how to do their job properly and use proper training skills that they should have retained.

Just wondering what the odds ares of a bunch of morons all being in the
same unit.

He probably had some retard of a LT or Capt telling him to do so.

Is this the first case where a retarded Captain was leading a bunch of
morons?

This man should be shot in the face for treason and spreading lies about his government and his fellow BROTHERS in arms.

I hardly think that this is appropriate. Shouldn't a trial or hearing be in order?

This guy probably had a horrible carrer with the military and is just disgruntled.

I would consider having a "retarded captain" leading a "bunch of morons" to
be quite a horrible experience.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Seems a little disingenuous to claim you know there will be terrorist attacks on US soil and then just run off without explaining further. Sorry if it is hard for some people to live in the fear that 19 more hijackers are going to bomb me out in the middle of nowhere. You claim that things like the video in the OP are just examples of you protecting us from these coming attacks.

If you would just tell us when the attacks are coming and where and who, we might not have to kill anyone to prevent them and things like the scene in the video may become rare.

Why hold back now?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join