It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I move on after a long-term relationship?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Aaaah, The exquisite pain of unrequited love.

It hurts so good doesnt it ?? reminds you your alive.

Relationships are better in retrospect, you remember the bliss, but not the arguing. Their always so hard to get over, seeing them around every street corner, consuming your mind, ..... Untill of course, .... You meet the next one !!

... and you will. Just dont let the idea of what could have been, keep you down and influence what could be.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

I'm glad to be of help during your difficult times. It sounds like you're coping fairly well and not going to any extremes; good for you.

It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone. -Rose Kennedy

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
i kno wat u feel, move on. u felt what love was and kno u have to let it go, thats the thing with love and its thew hardest thing. there could be hope left but if u kno there isnt let it go. u live and learn real u do dont obsess over but learn from it, i feel your pain tho being in the same situation, its hard to think about becuz of the emotion u let in but let go. learn and u have a full life to live, be thankful for your life. love is beautiful

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
UPDATE:

I have found a girl, and I must say that she is an angel in disguise. I can't say much more right now, lest I be figured out too soon. I will try to keep you posted

Thank you everyone, it really means a lot to me that you care!

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Move on?

Have some casual sex, seems to do the trick I mean, gets your mind off, might not be with just 1, or 3, keep going til you have buried that pain away.

I mean you gotta kinda be like Peaches.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Think of the negative things that she did to u..think of what ur perfect girl would be..the respect and love she has to have for u...she doesn’t love u..she left u..u deserve more...how can u love someone that doesn’t love u..unconditional love is only given to family...surround urself with ur friends and family..dont talk about it too much...find one person only and talk to them about it if u feel like u have to...shes not a big deal...belive it..its a fact not an opinion..I know u dont wanna hear this...but when ur young..ur hormones r going off the scale..and ur view of love is much simpler than it really is...dont waist ur time with someone that didnt give u their all...cause while ur wasting ur time..the perfect girl might walk right past u..and u wont see her..cause ur blinded with a false love that u created...good luck

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

oh wow... I am 42 yrs old so when I read your age I was like... 18? young to be 'moving after a long term relationship...' *cough

The only thing I will say is 'have a relationship with yourself' ...do things you like to do. Get to know yourself and then when your single again it won't affect you as much because you will still have your life and other friends.

good luck

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hey, Bushido here on a fresh account.

Here is a bit of an update for those of you who care enough to read it:

I was finally starting to get over her when she posted something on my friend's facebook that sent me over the edge. I started a little heated fight with her which quicken ended. After that she decided it would be a wise idea to post all of my personal information on 4chan in an attempt to have them harass me until I committed suicide or something. She posted my address, the coding into my house, my email, my passwords, the sites I go on, my facebook email and password, my phone number, and my IM information.

I soon had a few people take her up on her offer and harassed me, but there was one or two that warned me about it beforehand so I was a little bit prepared.

I threatened her the next day that I would press charges on her if she didn't stay out of my life and leave me alone forever. She denied everything, naturally.

Three weeks pass without a hiccup, then I hear that she calls my sister some bad names that I cannot post here, totally unprovoked. I then warned her one last time that if she doesn't leave us alone that she will need a lawyer (I have a heart and don't want to go through the legal trouble). My phone then blewup and someone came to my door with hostile knocking. I ignored because I knew it was her family.

My mother called them and chewed them out.

I have everything documented if TSHTF.

I am now moving on, taking it day by day. I am still lonely as hell, but I don't want to be associated with her any longer. She proved to me that the person I fell in love with is no more.

Still hurts a lot, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join