It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli generals, intel officials oppose attack on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Israeli generals, intel officials oppose attack on Iran

rawstory.com

But the article provides new evidence that senior figures in the Israeli intelligence and military leadership oppose such a strike against Iran and believe that Netanyahu's apocalyptic rhetoric about an Iranian nuclear threat as an "existential threat" is unnecessary and self-defeatin
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well isn't this a new twist ?

So what do you make of this ? Seems strange to hear nothing but cries for an attack on Iran for years and now we see some saying now that an attack might not be the best thing .

Could this be a sign of something or could this simply be yet another attack or not to attack Iran story , what do you make of it ?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm sure many US generals and intel officials said the same thing about Iraq...

If Netanyahoo! believes the US will undoubtably back him up on the initial attack then he will give the go ahead.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Indeed.

Any attack on Iran would not end well

Clarke revealed to The New York Times four years ago that, in the early 1990s, the Clinton administration had considered seriously a bombing campaign against Iran, but the military professionals told them not to do it.

The Pentagon's planners have conducted war games to model an attack on Iran several times in the past 15 years, and they just can't make it come out as a U.S. victory.

There's nothing the U.S. can do to Iran, short of nuking the place, that would force Tehran to kneel and beg for mercy. It can bomb Iran's nuclear sites and military installations to its heart's content, but everything it destroys can be rebuilt in a few years.

And there is no way that the United States could invade Iran. There are some 80 million people in Iran, and although many of them don't like the present regime, almost all are fervent patriots who would resist invasion. Iran is a mountainous country four times the size of Iraq. The Iranian army is slightly smaller than the U.S. Army. But unlike the U.S. Army, its troops are not scattered across literally dozens of countries.

If the White House were to propose anything larger than minor military incursions along Iran's south coast, senior American generals would resign in protest. Without the option of a land war, the only lever the United States would have is the threat of yet more bombs - but if they aren't nuclear, they aren't persuasive.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
For those who kinda slow to catch up,

1.Go to Google
2.Type "Sun Tzu"y.

For fast minds

Catch a fish while the water is disturbed.

For the "WTH ?"
Its a ploy to deceive and cover the attacking time, Iran will be on alert, thus making them a bit busy, reducing its capability to react/evade properly. It is possible what the general said is true but only its because of Ramadan month, the Ramadan month have huge impact towards muslim..err jihad ?
I dont know what they call it but they sure love to die in Ramadan. I think the generals is bluffing, the attack is underway and troops are getting stationed.

Would be great if America move our face away and let them fight themself, but alas, look at what the puppet prepared for us.

I hope some Mossad agent kill him as token of gratitude. Hes a burden now anyway. Go Mossad! Go clear our useless puppet.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainCloud

For the "WTH ?"
Its a ploy to deceive and cover the attacking time, Iran will be on alert, thus making them a bit busy, reducing its capability to react/evade properly. It is possible what the general said is true but only its because of Ramadan month, the Ramadan month have huge impact towards muslim..err jihad ?
I dont know what they call it but they sure love to die in Ramadan. I think the generals is bluffing, the attack is underway and troops are getting stationed.

Would be great if America move our face away and let them fight themself, but alas, look at what the puppet prepared for us.

I'm not buying that line of thought.
I believe that Israel has made tough talk about this, and were quietly hoping the U.S. would back them, or even do their dirty work.

Right now, it seems we (the U.S.) have no interest in going toe to toe with Iran.

Russia, on the other hand, has several billion dollars, and over a decade invested in the construction of Bushehr, and has shown through action that it intends on defending it, at least regarding the Israelis.

Israel has eight days, give or take, to attack, after that fuel rods will be installed, and that makes an attack tremendously difficult.

I do not believe that Israel has the ability, or will, to operate on that time schedule without help from the U.S.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It is important to read that some people try to think about the
consequences of their actions instead of just emotionally reacting.

Evidently this is the case. Considering that a concerned body has been
monitoring,reporting,and evaluating this scenario for over ten years.
Without Direct and full scale military response.

The media exclaims that if the Iranians access this technology that they will
use it in an offensive manner. To do so would be self destructive.

Completely.

I may be dangerously wrong, but I consider the Iranian people wiser than that. They just have have too much pride at stake to display weakness or fear.
I often juggle the idea that maybe they are afraid of the current vulnerability.
Considering that Pakistan,India,Israel, Russia, and Intelligence knows who
else is Nuclear Armed. Do I need mention that Iran is surrounded by our
Current Strategy? If I was in their shoes, I would want a nuclear deterrent
as well.

So what is the intel here? Why can everyone else sit at the table but them?

Well it keeps the Machine working now doesn't it.

Time for another beer summit,,,,Uncle Sam

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I guess we should start saving Iran and Israel Google maps ?
after few years/war end, we can release the "Before and After".

Kids gonna be proud of it ? I dont think so.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Israel has eight days, give or take, to attack, after that fuel rods will be installed, and that makes an attack tremendously difficult.

Why? The installation of the fuel rods has absolutely no bearing on Israel's ability to attack the plant. It might have a bearing on the results of an attack - radioactive dust etc.

Why however would the reactor at Bushehr be of any interest to the Israelis? It is used for producing electricity and is not a fast breeder reactor (produces plutonium) and therefore can hardly be considered a target.

The target would have to be the enrichment plant at Natanz et al and possibly the reactor for research purposes. I believe that is a 5 Mw pool reactor however I don't know if it is a fast breeder or not. They might be building one however at Arak, and this UN resolution relates partially to that although not mentioned by name.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My first thought is misdirection. The fuel going into Bushehr along with potential s300 acquisitions have pushed the timeline and the last thing you want is a totally prepared enemy. IMO they would not pass up the opportunity to take out Bushehr if they're going in anyway and having fuel in there would be a bad thing for publicity. Psyops before attack. Possible.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
IMO Israel will not attack,

They know if they attack, all there neighbours will retaliate, and that will leave Israel fighting for its existence.

new topics

top topics

join