It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New spike of anti-Iranian propaganda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
i just visited Google news and saw a new spike in anti-Iranian propaganda. This hasn't happened for a while now.

It started from the stoning case, it has already reached NZ mainstream news, that means it will also reach the rest of the world. NZ was broadcasting the American reporting, propaganda is usually inherited from American reporters to make New Zealand look innocent.

Some agreement has been made behind closed doors:

Iran must stop executing people‎
The Guardian - 2 hours ago

Pastor Dave Burke: Iranian justice - Law and Grace (BBC)

IAEA says Iran uses new machines to enrich uranium

According to our polling, a majority of Arabs do not believe Iran's claim that it is merely pursuing a peaceful nuclear program

condemned the inhumane treatment, unfair judicial proceedings, and egregious sentencing of the 7 Baha'is, whom Amnesty calls "prisoners of conscience jailed solely on account of their beliefs or peaceful activities on behalf of the persecuted Baha'i minority."

Is the Obama administration stepping up on human rights in Iran?

"The United States strongly condemns this sentencing as a violation of Iran's obligations under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights," Clinton said. "Freedom of religion is the birthright of people of all faiths and beliefs in all places. The United States is committed to defending religious freedom around the world, and we have not forgotten the Baha'i community in Iran."

UN expert urges Iran to end US hiker's solitary confinement‎

Is Iran Supplying the Taliban With Missile Tech?‎

Toyota halts car exports to Iran‎

US 'deeply concerned' with Iran religious persecution‎

Reclaiming the faith

On another note (no pun intended), Ayatollah Khamenei is reported as having recently denounced music on the grounds of frivolity. While conceding that in Islam, music was halal, or kosher, Iran’s supreme leader went on to say: “… promoting it and teaching it is not compatible with the highest values of the sacred regime of the Islamic Republic … It’s better that our dear youth spend their valuable time in learning science and essential and useful skills and fill their time with sport and healthy recreations instead of music.” - File Photo....

Although a Taliban spokesman has denied that his group had anything to do with the disfigurement of Bibi Aisha, her mutilated face on the cover of Time magazine is nevertheless a reminder of what these people stand for.

Podcast: Interview with Iranian Christian activist on persecution of Christians in Iran

Starting
Kurdish militiamen stage ambush in north western Iran

Friday Iran Talking Points‎
Antiwar.com (blog) - Eli Clifton - 9 hours ago

Huffington Post: Former New York City Mayor Ed Koch calls for the United States to bomb Iran. Citing the concerns of Sunni Arab allies, Israel, ...

All of this is to set the context of a strike or a full blown war.

Sanctions creates the illusion that Iran has actually done something wrong, the human right issues sparks certain emotions which mutes other emotions, and logic.

I suspect the campaign will intensify within days, the propaganda campaign. After that, either Iran will give in, or the US. The worst case scenario, neither side gives in and a strike occurs, or a full blown war.

Who is on the right side, and who is on the wrong side?

Who should give in? Why should they give in?

Thoughts

IOz

[edit on 13-8-2010 by oozyism]

[edit on 13-8-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Whats your point?In Iran I would be a dead man because I am gay,here in NZ I can have a normal life.
Whats your advice on this?Tell me!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by silversurfer6161
Whats your point?In Iran I would be a dead man because I am gay,here in NZ I can have a normal life.

you'll do Ok as long as you don't get deliberatly given aids in a blood transfusion.
or beaten to death by skin heads or punks...
or hit by a bus ...

no offence
just sayin

PS oh and don't become a reverend for any associations of fundamentalist churches....meth can really do a guy in quick if they don't defrock you on national television.

I just heard on the radio that when the US war gamed the Iran invasion they couldn't win without nukes so they are going to have to really give it the old spinneroo if they want the public to buy that

might even have to stop executing innocent people in texes for a couple of weeks...ya know?

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Yes, we must make them look bad before they are attacked/invaded...

BTW, the reason Iran executes more is because they, like China, don't allow those convicted to block up the legal system and make lawyers rich with endless (in most cases), useless appeals...

The US may have only executed around 30 last year but it did add around 300 to Death Row...Continually adding to the already overcrowded prison system..

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I know,we all have to die!Whats your choice of death?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I don't see how reporting on Iran is "propaganda". Is any country who reports on another propaganda now?

The sanctions are their for the a reason, repeatedly calling for the destruction of races / countries, calling the US the great satan, breaking the sanctions, moving ahead with their nuclear programs etc.

Also given their history, they may want to do violence, and I think that's a reasonable assumption and cause to having a little more attention put on them.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You're an asset to ATS

Your OP is a very well presented, informative and intelligent piece of work

You've explained things in a way that might not occur to many, particularly younger, less experienced and informed people

I enjoyed your OP. Gave me lots to think about. You present a variety of aspects and encourage the reader to consider the undercurrents and agendas present in so much main-stream news

Thanks

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silversurfer6161

So, we should wipe them out because they dont share our views???

BTW, define normal for all of us please...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silversurfer6161

heh heh good come back....
I'll take the bus

point being Iran does not have a monopoly on mistreating people that Christians don't like...they have burned their share of innocent people at the stake...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

??

Don't talk to me about homosexuality, this has nothing to do with the OP, which lends me to believe you are a:

troll

If you want to discuss homosexuality I can give you a thread where me and you can go and discuss it, but not here.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
I don't see how reporting on Iran is "propaganda". Is any country who reports on another propaganda now?

The sanctions are their for the a reason, repeatedly calling for the destruction of races / countries, calling the US the great satan, breaking the sanctions, moving ahead with their nuclear programs etc.

prove that.
the sanctions are an act of war according to international law
the US intelligence review says the Iranians stopped their nuclear weapon program in 2003
they are in compliance with the NNP treaty
the sanctions mean that the US IS NOT...
they have not called for the destruction of anybody if you are talking about Israel, that is a proven mistranslation which is exactly the kind of BS Oozy is exposing in the OP

Also given their history, they may want to do violence, and I think that's a reasonable assumption and cause to having a little more attention put on them. .

Iran has not invaded anyone in over 200 years
don't make me list the countries the US has invaded or caused coups in..
LIKE IRAN...THE SHAW OF IRAN remember him?
he REPLACED THE LEGITIMATELY ELECTED GOVERNMENT OF THE DAY

Everything you have just posted confirms the OP...
WOW, that must have taken a lot of work...
for whoever writes these talking points.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

It's not always the content per se, but the manner in which they are written. Full of hypocrisy, for one thing. The US has more people incarcerated than any other nation on the planet, it's ridiculous to compare executions or prisons.

Focusing on the few bad things in Iran, when there are so many positive things, reveals an agenda to demonize them. You'll find 20 negative articles for every 1 positive article in the mainstream media regarding Iran. If you look at the big picture this is clearly intentional propaganda.

This is a lie. You have been duped, or you are intentionally pushing lies. Lots of misinfo here - first, they never called for the destruction of Israel, the US, or anyone. What actually happened was Ahmadinejad said that if these countries continue on their course, they will destroy themselves and fade into history.

Second, they never broke any sanctions. You're referring to the extra protocols that were never officially proposed nor recognized. Iran had full authority within IAEA guidelines to either accept or reject these extra protocols. At first they accepted, in return for various economic benefits - which were never granted. So, Iran was stabbed in the back, and decided to stop following the extra protocols. They have never violated IAEA guidelines since they signed.

Also given their history, they may want to do violence, and I think that's a reasonable assumption and cause to having a little more attention put on them.

Given their history? What history? We install a puppet dictator, they overthrow him and elect their own ruler, and somehow they're the bad guys? When was the last time Iran ever started a war? When was the last time they threatened to invade another country? And please don't quote those holocaust-denying lies, or the we-will-destroy-israel lies. You're going to be called on your BS if you try that again.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Yeah, well........next week Russia is said to deliver the fuels necessary to help Iran put a nuclear reactor online, very soon.
Good golly! Can't let this go unanswered, can we?

Demonize, demonize, demonize. Villify, villify, villify. eh?

The boogieman is in Tehran and he doesn't wear a tie! Yikes!

And he says "crazy" things! Oh, my!

But he doesn't do much, other than support his favorite causes, which lots of governments do. Mine included.

Sure, things are racheting up. Try to stop it though, eh?

I have nothing else to offer, other than my observations, and my attempts to help other folks become aware of the BS that is used upon us all.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

You are a product of propaganda, I think a huge amount of work needs to be done in order to bring you back to this side, which side?

Some people have gone too deep, too much time and resources must be spent to save them, but I won't give up.

I will lay this video and music of Immortal Technique, watch it carefully, watch the words, and understand it, what it is saying, research what he is saying.
www.youtube.com...

He is bullet pointing the some mysteriouse and important World Wide issues.

Start.

If you have any question, I will help.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Just a short note from the TROLL:
"mysterious" is written without e at the end.
I know there's another thread for this,but I am sure you are unaware of it!
Otherwise your spelling would be top notch,eh!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think the detained hiker Sarah is a hottie.... Can Iran just let her go, and keep the other two, I could care less about how scary Iran is, I'm just tired of typing and waiting.....

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Just a short note from the TROLL:
"mysterious" is written without e at the end.
I know there's another thread for this,but I am sure you are unaware of it!
Otherwise your spelling would be top notch,eh!

Thank you for pointing that out, I'm not against education.

You can teach me, and correct my spelling mistakes, if you have nothing new to learn, then you are just kidding yourself

The point is Iran has more women studying science and engineering than men. Then again who cares, because you are gay

www.youtube.com...

Yaaaaay let's bomb Iran because you are gay, let's destroyed everything they have achieved because you have been programmed to think you will be killed if you go to Iran.

Horrrraaaay.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Here is an example of anti-Iranian propaganda, at least in this video they show the good things, but still they twist it:

www.youtube.com...

Propaganda works in Mysterious ways (thanks to someone I can spell mysterious properly now :lol

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I can't see the connection between your spelling mistakes and the women in Iran.
Unless you are a woman from Iran.
No,possibly not!
Anyway I have to leave you now to prepare supper tonight...lots of gay friends around,you know?
Cheerio

P.S.I have hidden a spelling error somewhere.Can you find it?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

I can't see the connection between your spelling mistakes and the women in Iran.
Unless you are a woman from Iran.
No,possibly not!
Anyway I have to leave you now to prepare supper tonight...lots of gay friends around,you know?
Cheerio

P.S.I have hidden a spelling error somewhere.Can you find it?

I make a spelling mistake, and you educate me in regards. There is a connection, you can't see it?

Let me make it easier:
1. I'm not against education - you are not against education
2. Iranian women are doing better than Western women, they are more educated, the universities are packed with women. There is fairness between women and men, rather than equality.

All of that being said, have fun in your gay party, with your gay friends.

I have nothing against gay people, and gay people in NZ are the only people who had nothing against me after 9/11.

I'm not going to risk the destruction of Iran, because you are gay

top topics

<<   2 >>

join