It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narco-blogger beats Mexico drug war news blackout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

MEXICO CITY — An anonymous, twentysomething blogger is giving Mexicans what they can't get elsewhere - an inside view of their country's raging drug war. (...) The violence has killed more then 28,000 people and made Mexico one of the world's most dangerous countries for journalists, which explains why Blog del Narco cloaks itself so heavily in anonymity.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source: seattletimes.nwsource.com...

Blog address : www.blogdelnarco.com...

It is very courageous to do that kind of reports. The anonymous blogger is very cautious to hide it's identity by fear of retaliation. That truly is citizen journalism and represent what I think will be the future of real news. I have not read the blog yet, but I will surely do tonight.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by gagol]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Some snippets from articles:

Zetas shootout between army forces and governor of Tamaulipas to suspend tour
The governor-elect Cantú Egidio Torre today suspended the start of his tour of the entity, after Wednesday night there will be a shootout between members of Los Zetas and the Army.

www.blogdelnarco.com...

Nayarit shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
Unofficial sources indicate that in the scene were wounded two state police officers assigned to the homicide division, then the Attorney General confirmed the death of one of them, while the other fights for his life.

www.blogdelnarco.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thank you so much for the info. I really appreciate it!

I have been very curious to get some inside points of view on the situation down there in Old Mexico.

I am very concerned for our neighbors and their situation, and I truly hope that they will legalize drugs there (AND in the USA) so that there will be no more black market racketeering, trafficking , laundering, and murdering. It really has become extremely sickening to find out what is going on there.

And if we can just overcome this Narco-War, perhaps this will alleviate our immigration issues as well. All of these issues are tied together.

I am going to bookmark blogdelnarco because it does have some really interesting stories and I would like to follow this as new information develops.

We don't have much information about what is going on down there. It's tough to keep track of.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hreply to post by muzzleflash

You are welcome my friend.

There is nothing like first hand information to better undertand a situation. It is increadible how the medias are quiet about this issue.

top topics

join