It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama defends ground zero mosque plans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
While I agree with the freedom to practice your religion, and I do not equate Islam with terrorism, part of my question is where the line gets drawn. If your religion states that you must smoke weed, OK. If it states you must accept the Son of God as your savior, OK. If it states you must not eat pork, OK. If it says you must kill someone.... do we let people have the freedom to practice that religion?

What is Islam all about?

Quran 5:51 O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust.

Hadith 19:4294 "Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war."

Hadith 9:4 "Wherever you find infidels kill them; for whoever kills them shall have reward on the Day of Resurrection."

"Those who know nothing about Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those people are witless. Islam says: 'Kill all the unbelievers just as they would kill you all!' Does this mean that Muslims should sit back until they are devoured by the infidel? Islam says: 'Kill them, put them to the sword and scatter them.' Islam says: 'Whatever good there is exists thanks to the sword.' The sword is the key to Paradise, which can be opened only for the Holy Warriors! Does all this mean that Islam is a religion that prevents men from waging war? I spit upon those foolish souls who make such a claim." (Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini)

I don't know if I'm comfortable having people around me practice that religion.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
Being opposed to this Islamic cultural center is ridiculous. There are already several mosques in that area.

It's well known, and the Muslim community will not deny this, that Islam is anti-Western culture. Their motive, no matter how moderate a Muslim may seem, is to destroy Western culture and impose Islamic law.

Like you said, there are already several mosques in the area. Do they really need another one? I would think so. Terrorists are all the time needing a place to stash their cache of weapons and this would be the ONLY reason besides flaunting in our face of what they did.

You can't compare Timothy McVeigh to terrorists. McVeighs' beef was with the FBI and their "jack-booted" siezure of the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas under the authority of Janet Reno during the totalitarian rule of the Clinton administration.

While I don't condone his actions, they were politically motivated. Islamic actions are purely theologically motivated.

When are we going to apologize for enslaving a race of people and destroying another race of people by taking their land. Christianity did that to those people correct? Or was it just American Exceptionalism? Either way, it was an ideology that we have yet to apologize for? So why should they?

Why should ALL muslims have to apologize for a few radicals?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Debra Burlingame: 9/11 Families Stunned by President’s Support of Mosque at Ground Zero

August 14, 2010

stopthe911mosque.com...

Muslims have worshipped in New York without incident both before and after the attacks of 9/11. This controversy is not about religious freedom. 9/11 was more than a “deeply traumatic event,” it was an act of war. Building a 15-story mosque at Ground Zero is a deliberately provocative act that will precipitate more bloodshed in the name of Allah. Those who continue to target and kill American civilians and U.S. troops will see it as a symbol of their historic progress at the site of their most bloody victory. Demolishing a building that was damaged by wreckage from one of the hijacked planes in order to build a mosque and Islamic Center will further energize those who regard it as a ratification of their violent and divinely ordered mission: the spread of shariah law and its subjugation of all free people, including secular Muslims who come to this country fleeing that medieval ideology, which destroys lives and crushes the human spirit.

No comment

[edit on 113131p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I would love to tell my divorce Judge to forget about the constitution. I would love to tell him just be sensitive to my needs and not her's.

I wonder how that would work out for me?

We can't pick and choose which parts of the constitution we like. Either it's all good or it's all bad. Freedom of religion is a good thing folks. Government not encroaching on private contracts is a good thing.

It's all right there in the constitution.

I wonder, what if a group of muslims stormed the WTC on foot carrying automatic weapons? Would you guys agree to NOT allow guns in downtown areas? I think not!

Can't pick and choose folks.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Come Clean]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Obama=CIA pre-planned mind control`and globalist shill who still hasn't shown us his proper birth certificate. I dont like Bush either, Ron Paul, now there is a stand up American.

The Sphere, formerly at the trade center and highlighted in an episode of the Simpsons as well. Was set to rotate every 24 hours, mimicking the procession of muslims around the Kabba at mecca, so all along the trade center was a muslim efigy for their sacred ritual.

Globalists have been trying to push a race war in this country, that failed so now they have to use major media to push racism cards on whites and blacks.

Alot of muslims are in this country because of amnesty.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There's another topic like this posted a few minutes earlier. Closing this thread to prevent duplicates.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join