It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs mosque near ground zero

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
Well this doesn't suprise me at all.

I Guess he is just letting his muslim roots show since he has nothing more to loose.

Is everyone that isn't in opposition to the "cultural center" a Muslim?

Even the Jews?

You're just being absurdly partisan, right?

- Lee

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

"can't stand the 1st Amendment right to freedom" Wow your not that smart are you? I bet you are i bet you just don't read fully like you skim right? WTH are you talking about?

Who cant stand it? Other then our Gov. lol

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

lmao i didn't want to go there on him. He didint get the point he got it all wrong and he/she has got to be like 12. But 12 or 58 im not gonna rag on the poor kid this is not a chat room. lol

But i was thinking the same.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by GunzCoty]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Aww did I hurt someones wittwe feewings? Aww poor babies!

Sorry to rain on your little bigot party. But I would be telling you how it is if it were a christian church that was being protested against.

I for one am sick of this site looking more and more like stormfront everyday, and I will not stand for it anymore. I am sick and tired of you bigots coming here and attempting to destroy this site with your hate and intolerance, it HAS to stop!

You bigot say that Muslims are destroying America, well I say it's you intolerant bigots that are destroying America. America is supposed to be about freedom, I know you hate that freedom, you protest against it every time someone of another faith dares to use that freedom. Cowardly hiding behind the first amendment while you work to suppress other people's first amendment rights.

I won't be silent on issues like this because you bigots need to be stopped. I hope that the rest of this site finally figures out what you people are all about and figures out that there is no room for bigotry here.

muslims are not destroying america, you and your ilk, cool, i said ilk, are.

we are not bigots, me thinks you flap your gums too much.
little shakesphere for ya.

so in conclusion, take the bleeding heart to where it will do the most goodest.

hey, wanna make more comments about people we love, sh?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thats not true he only knows bigot i think he heard it cuz he did not look it up. If he did he would see where he misused it. But then again he used it so much im sure he was right at some point lol

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Ok everyone knock it off!

bigot

When you show intolerance for religious groups, like saying that Muslims are destroying America or want to bring sharia law here or other complete and total crap like that, that is being a bigot.

Do you all understand? Sorry if I hurt anyone's oversensitive feelings, but it's true. If you are so intolerant of some other religious group using their freedom of religion and wanting to build a mosque a place of prayer anywhere, (and yes, it's not just the one in New York either, bigots are protesting mosques all over the United States.) you are being a bigot.

But none of you have a rational argument to use in defense of your own intolerance, so instead you just attack me. That's fine, I can take it, if you have no rational response to the subject of mosques being built in America. Just go ahead and be little flamers and flame me all you want, it just further shows how flawed and ignorant your arguments really are.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

it's called freedom of speech! wtf?

where you get off disssing anyone who has a problem wit it!

i got a right to dissent!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Yes you do, you have every right to your opinion, just as I have every right to mine, which means that when you spout off something hate filled and derogatory about a religion, I get to refute you and call you out for what you really are.

See, while you have the freedom to be ignorant and hateful of a religion that has the freedom in this country to exist, that freedom doesn't protect you from me telling you that your bigoted ass is wrong and people do have the right to worship however they please.

Isn't freedom of speech fun?

[edit on 8/14/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

You espouse words like bigot, racist, intolerant, islamaphobe but really you have nothing but shallow arguments and an intolerance to opinions differing from your own. How about you stop an look at yourself.

To all those how rant about the constitution and the amendments. Do you honestly think that the founding fathers would have stood for this insult ? Absolutely not.

Were the American people consulted or asked about bringing in masses of third world immigration ? Was there a referendum or a vote on the issue? No the government just did it and now the people are suffering the consequences.

Democracy of convenience is Tyranny in disguise.
Wake Up America!!!

[edit on 14/8/10 by fapython]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by fapython

Oh I see, so this is about the anti immigrant John Tanton movement eh?

No room for tolerance in your America eh?

No room for anyone else in YOUR America eh?

Want to rip the plaque off the Statue of Liberty? Replace it with a No Vacancy sign?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

reply to post by fooks

Yes you do, you have every right to your opinion, just as I have every right to mine, which means that when you spout off something hate filled and derogatory about a religion, I get to refute you and call you out for what you really are.

See, while you have the freedom to be ignorant and hateful of a religion that has the freedom in this country to exist, that freedom doesn't protect you from me telling you that your bigoted ass is wrong and people do have the right to worship however they please.

Isn't freedom of speech fun?

i and the rest of america don't hate islam or whatever you want to call muslims.

so do you but i don't need to bow to you simply for playing the bigot card.

i think you need to prove i am a bigot in real life.

let me help you SH!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

You don't have to bow to me, you don't even have to agree with me.

I feel that there is no reason why this mosque shouldn't be built. I have no problem with people wanting a place to practice their religion. That's my argument. I believe in the freedom of religion this country embraces.

Those are my arguments. If you don't agree with them that's your choice and you are welcome to it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I really hope obama is a 1 term president.

His approval rating has gone down, he's lied on so many issues. And yet he STILL can't prove he is American. If it was so easy he'd make his birth certificate public and it would be at rest.

Yet he say's okay let's build a mosque. Let's congratulate the terrorists who flew there planes into our buildings.

I believe America is to forgiving. We live our life's like nothing will ever happen. And we continue to let people in and in and us REAL Americans lose our freedom everyday due to these people who want laws passed for them.

But yet we continue to let our self's be pushed over. The american voice did NOT want this. But yet Washington made it happen where they build it. Is it America or Islam? I despise Muslims and all religions.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I will likely be labeled a bigot for this post but I feel strongly about this.

In a nation where Christmas gets so much heat that we can't even mention it is the celebration of the Savior's birth, a place where the ten commandments (one of the earliest laws) can't be in courthouses, and where they protest a huge cross in the middle of a desert we have this issue! (excuse run on sentence)

I agree that we are a nation of diverse religious backgrounds and as such we all are free to worship in whatever way we choose. I get that, but I just don't understand the vilification of anything Christian and the fear of offending anything Muslim.

A president that chose not to have the National Day of Prayer honored in the White House, not canceled (check snopes) has a dinner in the White House celebrating Ramadan!

Which way is it these days? We offend Christians all the time remember the Crucifix in urine, but we dare not offend the Islamic Community, current flap about the cartoon with Mohammed! So we can offend the majority but not the minority? Political Correctness is running amok and this is just past reasonable.

Where the mosque is going to be located coupled with the day it is said to be unveiled is an affront to the families of the dead. But I feel the bigger question is a POTUS that won't honor a National Day of Prayer in the White House and prefers to do it privately then turns around and honors Ramadan??????

Maybe the "crazy conservatives" weren't that far off.

[edit on 8/14/2010 by redhead57]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

I worked a national day of prayer conference at the Stanley Hotel once, I have to say that those were the most hate filled people I ever had the dissatisfaction to meet in my entire life. They were mean, they were vicious, they were cold, they were bigoted, they were vindictive, they were hateful.

In my opinion the National Day of Prayer group is not representative of the teachings of Christ.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
@ whatukno

I forgot to hit reply to.

Sadly I must agree with you that too many of the people taking the name of Christ on them are anything but Christlike. However, there are millions of people that are good examples of Christians and for them the current attitude is very hurtful. Sad thing is no one cares about offending them, sometimes even the so called leaders.

[edit on 8/14/2010 by redhead57]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Oh I see, so this is about the anti immigrant John Tanton movement eh?

No room for tolerance in your America eh?

No room for anyone else in YOUR America eh?

Want to rip the plaque off the Statue of Liberty? Replace it with a No Vacancy sign?

As to be expected a hollow argument containing nothing more then words i have not spoken. Absolute Genius! Now like mature adults lets look at what was said.

Americans Were Not Asked!!!

The America I believe in. The great nation, is a nation in which the government is instilled to Represent the people and to do what is in the best interest of that nation in line with what the people want.

Americans were not asked! Americans did not want this! This isn't the America that our forefathers fought for. They didn't fight tyranny and oppression to bring in a covert form for our people. They fought for freedom. Freedom for the people to decide their future. The people are being denied this freedom. YOU! are denying the people their freedom, do you think stifling debate is healthy or constructive to this great country?
Do you think name calling is going to contribute debate ? NO. So why then do you do it?

Do European Americans want to become a minority in the country their forefathers built? No they don't, yet why isn't the government listening?

There is something a wise man once said that perfectly fits this situation
"Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it" - Thomas Jefferson

Wake Up America!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This thread is the height of hypocrisy. We constantly here people complain that Obama isn't supporting the constitution.

Freedom of religion right...well except for Muslims...right???

It's disgusting that people are this hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

According to the First Amendment you don't get to be asked. It's not your power to be asked if someone can pray to their god. What? Do you assume that you have the authority to dictate what gods are worshiped in this country? Are you the authority on how a person chooses to live their life? I have to say I completely disagree.

I got an idea, why don't you do yourself a favor and wake up yourself.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Americans Were Not Asked!!!

The constitution was asked. I was under the impression, as a non-American, that the constitution held some weight and was rather important in your society.

How are you arguing for freedom when you against the constitutionally granted freedom of religious practice, that literally makes no sense. Or are you just for the white christian freedoms, picking and choosing what freedoms people get based on colour / religion / race etc.

They fought for freedom. Freedom for the people to decide their future

I take it your just against brown people having freedom...

The people are being denied this freedom. YOU! are denying the people their freedom

Denying freedom by listing the first amendment of the constitution which allows freedom of religion? Oh yeah, forgot they're brown...

Do European Americans want to become a minority in the country their forefathers built

Yes, this isn't racist / xenophobic at all...You can't even deny that one is NOT based on race, really.

Wake up America? I think you need to wake up. You want to pick and choose who gets what freedoms by the constitution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join