It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Bolton: Russia's Loading of Nuke Fuel Into Iran Plant Means Aug. 21 Deadline for Israeli Attac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

John Bolton: Russia's Loading of Nuke Fuel Into Iran Plant Means Aug. 21 Deadline for Israeli Attack

www.newsmax.com

News that Russia will load nuclear fuel rods into an Iranian reactor has touched off a countdown to a point of no return, a deadline by which Israel would have to launch an attack on Iran's Bushehr reactor before it becomes effectively "immune" to any assault, says former Bush administration U.N. Ambassador John R. Bolton.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Even though it's 100% certain that the attack on Iran is coming, and looks very convincing that it will happen before August 21.. simply hearing this guy say it will happen makes me think otherwise.
This Bolton guy has been wrong like a zillion times on the Iran attack date. This is like his umpteenth attempt at it.. he probably thinks he's on the money this time.
We'll have to wait and see...

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Wow... I knew it was Friday the 13th but I didn't know it was the Dawn of the Dead!!!

John Bolton?

Newsmax?

Both of these have about as much brain cells as walking zombies that need to feed off scared little housewives and men with no testicles.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It won't happen before August 21st. Bushehr is a power plant, not an enrichment facility.. John Bolton is a war mongering dog, as he has proved time and time again by calling for attack on Iran for years.

I give him and his word zero credence. The US will use the Russian deal as an example to say Iran need not enrich uranium when they can just have it delivered to their power plants. If Iran would rather enrich their own fuel than have someone give it to them then that is their right as an IAEA member.

US will flap their mouth over this to try and get Iran to cease enrichment but of course they won't. And neither should they!

John Bolton is a war mongerer, and he can go to Hell.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Uhm, thanks! Nice photo..

Useful for anyone who doesn't know what Bushehr looks like I guess

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon
Russians to fuel Iranian reactor

The Obama administration, which has previously been critical of Moscow's role in Bushehr, largely voiced support for the Russian position Friday. It's part of Washington's broader campaign to prevent Tehran from obtaining atomic weapons.

Senior U.S. officials said the White House consented in recent months to Russia pushing forward with Bushehr in order to gain Moscow's support for a fourth round of United Nations sanctions against Iran, which passed in June.

These officials acknowledge the Bushehr project undercuts the U.S.'s efforts to present Tehran as isolated internationally. But they stressed that Bushehr doesn't pose a proliferation risk and challenges Iran's argument that it needs to produce nuclear fuel indigenously in order to power its civilian power plants.

So no US bombing of Iran's Bushehr reactor, although Bolton may still get his wet dream to become true if Israel go ahead with it alone. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by john124]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

I think John Bolton is a piece of garbage too but on this :

Bushehr is a power plant, not an enrichment facility..

You are wrong.

A nuclear power plant by definition is an enrichment facility.

How did North Korea get their nukes if it weren't? North Korea didn't enrich uranium using centrifuges. They used the used plutonium from their reactor and turned it into weapons.

Iran could do the same.

The plant could produce a quarter of a ton of plutonium a year, enough for 30 nuclear bombs. But Iran promised Russia they would give back that plutonium...

Once it starts, we'll see after how long they remove the fuel rods. If they change them within 4 months or less it means they are gonna do nukes with them.

So if they change the rods before February 1...4 months after the full completion of the plant which is supposed to be around the end of September... they probably are developing nukes.

Now you could say that Iran is a like a suicide bomber. You would be wrong. Guess what, suicide bombers have crappy lives, poor and brainwashed.

The Iranians leaders have power, money, everything they want and they are those who brainwash the others... they don't have the mindset of suicide bombers at all.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Really? Ok well that is something I didn't know. I have always thought that the enrichment facilities and the actual power plants are different facilities.

I'll have to read up on them some more, try and find some books at the library.

And I didn't even consider how N. Korea got their plutonium, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Well in saying that Bolton is making valid points IF Iran were in fact pursuing nuclear weapons... which of course comes down to the pure fact that there is absolutely zero evidence that they are.

I still just don't see Israel carrying out an attack on Bushehr. This has been going on for so long now the idea of Israel actually carrying out an attack is tantamount to mythical. Something everyone talks about and suspects but never happens... I really don't think they'll do it in the next week.

If they do then they deserve everything they get in return. Another war based on rumors lies and false suspicions.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Indeed. Until there is DEFINITIVE PROOF that they are developing nukes.

And EVEN THEN... Iran with nukes would be such a drama.

MAD worked before, it can work again.

Pakistan-India.
Soviet Union-NATO.

It can work again.

I bet that Iran's leaders, like Pakistani leaders, prefer their power than being nuked into oblivion.

Now you could say that Iranian leaders are like suicide bombers. You would be wrong.

Suicide bombers have a mindset forged by brainwashing, poverty, desperation and hate.

Iranian leaders on the other hand are those who brainwash people, are rich, have power...

Basically : Suicide bomber : crappy lives, crappy future, brainwashed.
Iranian leaders : good lives, good future, not brainwashed.

Totally different.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Israel knows that if it ever wants to turn the Middle East, into a One State solution, it needs to act against Iran now, as once the Reactor goes critical, bombing it would either: Only effect electricity production, Or: Wreck the reactor but make Chernobyl seem like an X ray!

So the chances of attack are high, might therefore be a good time to buy into Oil (sure someone will before the place is trashed). I’d be surprised if Israel didn’t, because if Iran goes and attacks U.S interests afterwards, its then in effect declaring war on the U.S whilst (also) being at war with Isteal. This is suicide.
Then again, maybe no attack will happen as we have a “Panther President” (no reference to race, but rather a sluggish stamina!).

Originally posted by Vitchilo

A nuclear power plant by definition is an enrichment facility.

How did North Korea get their nukes if it weren't? North Korea didn't enrich uranium using centrifuges. They used the used plutonium from their reactor and turned it into weapons.

No it ain’t. It’s a place where elements-isotopes heavier than uranium can be created, by slowing down neutrons (the job of the reactors “moderator” which is usually either Heavy Water, but can even be Light Water (i.e. tap water). The more a neutron is slowed (obviously only to a point) the higher the chances are it will fission with another atom (either splitting it, or creating something even more unstable like Plutonium).

Neutron Radiation that isn’t slowed, tends to knock of neutrons from other atoms. The process creates (transmutes is the technical name) elements much lighter than Uranium, and these even include so called “neutron poisons” like Iodine and Xeon gas, and is why all reactor fuel rods need reprocessing (i.e. re-enriching), after about 5 years (even though only a few percent, of the Uranium fuel is used up).

The north still had to take the rods out its reactor, and enrich them. However you use an electro-chemical process to separate Plutonium (useful almost only for bombs) from Uranium, whilst you use a Centrifugal Process to separate Uranium from its natural, so called “Yellow Rock”.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

My point is that with a nuclear power plant you can make nukes using plutonium.

I don't really care how it works in details. I just know you can make nukes using plutonium from a nuclear reactor way faster and cheaper than enriching uranium all the way to 90%.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm going out on a limb here and saying that Iran won't be attacked. There will not be a war. Let me explain why.

The west has always needed an enemy, the US in particular, once the Soviet Union collapsed we went through a period of 10 years with no enemies then came 9/11 and the War on Terror. Terrorism is still considers the third(?) most important subject to Americans when talking politics.

Now we could have our enemy called the 'War on Terror' going for about 50 years but as we now know the Americans are turning against the two wars and the only thing they are really worried about is security, not confronting the enemy.

So for us to have a really solid enemy we need a country that is; 1. Strong, 2. Diverse, 3. Ideologically opposing, 4. Nuclear, 5. Scary.

As we all know Iran alone would not fit this description, the USA against Iran would not be much of a threat. So what the US knows is that once Iran develops nuclear weapons, which I don't think they will, but the US can claim Iran has them and buy off the IAEA to agree with them.

Then the other ME nations will scramble for nuclear technology thus causing a weapons race in the ME. Then they could really scare the crap out of the American people with the ultimate scare tactic.

They could say that there are rogue nations all across the globe geopolitically aligned armed with nuclear technology, sharing weapons and thus create a new 'Soviet Union'. The difference would be that there would not be a centralized force like we had in the 20th Century.

We could have a list of countries considered in their own allied military, political, economic and weapons.

Just a few countries that could be the new 'Soviet Union'.

Islamic Republic of Iran
Syria
Pakistan
Venezuela
Egypt
North Korea

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

That video says it is not available..