It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the U.S successfully invade Mexico?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TennesseeFan

they could be easily dealt with...

bad leadership in the war is allowing what you refer to to take place....

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrakeDarc
Weird, I was talking about this last night. It would be dope, the boarder would be Central America, thus making the boarders smaller. We would have cheap labor, so then we could compete with China way easier, and throughy beat them out. Plus with the resources Canada and Mexico have it would work out well. Only problem is americans would complain about it. Candanians wouldnt want to be Americans, and well Mexcians would be all about it. The only thing in Mexico that would give us a problem taking over would be the Cartels, they are the only ones who would slow us down. I'm pretty sure the Mexican Gov't would be all for this Idea. Hell I say do it. Would defintley make things a lot more interesting.

Mexico is a very,very,very rich nation. It just has arse backwards tax law's and corruption. American style tax law's + a few years under military governorship as a territory and Mexico could be a really,really nice place within a decade.

Mexican billionaires would fight to the death to keep America out. As many of them enjoy blatant monopolies that would end if Mexico was annexed.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I was just thinking about this the other day: If we spend so much time complaining about illegal immigration, why not just send the U.S Army/Marines/Air Force to invade and annex Mexico? Think about the possibilities of an expanded border, not to mention an end to illegal immigration (from Mexico at least). Of course, there are plenty of cultural differences that could conflict, not to mention the problems with drug cartels (which could be neutralized by Special Forces). Again, just a thought. If the North American Union had gone through, we'd end up annexing Mexico and Canada anyway as there would be open borders!

Unbelievable.

Someone, please pinch me and tell me I'm seeing this thread in a bad dream.

I am in no way suggesting the invasion of Mexico.

REALLY? Perhaps you should take a look at the first sentence of your thread!

I am just sick and tired of thread after thread on illegal immigration.

So, naturally, you had to start THIS thread where you bring up......wait for it........ illegal immigration!

<< 1  2   >>

join