It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the US successfully invade Canada?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Don't know what Americans you are talking about but we really don't sit around and talk about ways to invade Canada. Lay off the conspiracy websites for awhile

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have you read this thread yet? It's fitting for the post you have made.

This is like asking if an adult could beat up their child. Sure they could, and the kid could possibly bite them or scratch them but its not much of a fair fight. The real question, why would an adult beat their child if they are a good kid and maybe even have a job to help pay for stuff around the house.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
First off what would the motivation be? Well our natural resources of course. Oil, gas, water, etc.

Wait, there's a country north of us? I thought it was just polar bears and ice...
(For those who didn't catch that, I was joking.)

Seriously though, could we invade? Yeah. Could we do it successfully? I dunno. Depends on how well we caught you all off guard. Canada isn't exactly defenseless. Will it ever happen? I'd say it's low enough on the scale of probability to say no.

Besides, why would we want to? We already buy most of our oil from Canada so it's not like you have something we want that you won't sell to us, and our countries are pretty friendly with each other.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Have you read this thread yet? It's fitting for the post you have made.

Yes I have. That's where this thread came from.

This is like asking if an adult could beat up their child. Sure they could, and the kid could possibly bite them or scratch them but its not much of a fair fight. The real question, why would an adult beat their child if they are a good kid and maybe even have a job to help pay for stuff around the house.

There you go. THAT'S what I'm talking about. We aren't America Lite. We're not YOUR child. We are a child of the British Empire if nothing else. We'll back you as we have always done, with the exception of Iraq but we DON'T NEED YOU. We can handle our own affairs. Be it whatever, including the Russians.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Hmmm, so bottom line is you could have added your little rant to the "existing thread"..

Maybe a Mod can point that out for you,

Here ya go,

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Oh, God, this thread is hilarious!

S&F for the great laugh.

You sound like the little guy at the bar who wants to start a fight with the biggest guy there just to prove how tough he is.

Were you drinking before you wrote this thread?

[edit on 8/13/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yes and Yes.

Edit to add: We were the little guy in WW1 that took Vimy Ridge when no one else could. We went through the Netherlands to free people in Germany. Is it sensitive? Hell yeah. Give us little guys our due. We don't have a big military but we make up for it with will. We sent 1/3 of our population to Europe in WW1. We got into WW2 in '39. We ARE a nation that will fight. That's all I'm saying. Yes. I AM CANADIAN!!!

[edit on 13-8-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

lol, I had to star that just for the honesty...

BTW, you write well for a drunk,

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The U.S. has drawn up plans to invade Canada as recently as 1935:
www.glasnost.de...

But why would they have to? We already just hand them everything they want.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I myself am interested to read the hypothetical scenario from a logistical point of view.

So if such a l scenario was to exist, what units would be required to mobilize a force that would successfully overrun and sustain its ground ?

[edit on 13-8-2010 by tristar]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Well good luck with that idea considering the might of the US military haven't figured that out correctly in,
Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

For you:

[edit on 13-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Shall I list the Australian war efforts ledgends we are), how our soldiers are respected and then go on to suggest the US may invade us for our resources?

Heck we even have pretty much the same resources as Canada..

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yay Canada !!!

Boo Americans !!!

Wait... what's the point of this thread again? :shk:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Relax dude. Oz is Canada south. Canada is Oz north. We are so similar that it's not funny. The only difference is that we reside beside a superpower.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Looks like Mexico is next: www.abovetopsecret.com...

You've started your own trend!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Well I find Australia is more vulnerable to invasion for the exact reasons you just stated...

We are an Island in the middle of nowhere..

Far from our Allies...

Maybe you should be glad Big Brother is there to help, even if you don't think you need them...

Heck, I have a big brother..The bugger use to tease and hit me all the time, but sheesh, he came to my rescue on many occassion...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by CynicalM

Relax dude. Oz is Canada south. Canada is Oz north. We are so similar that it's not funny. The only difference is that we reside beside a superpower.

Not quite; OZ has beautiful tropical beaches, not to mention the topless beaches.

Though some topless beaches would be awesome up there in chilly Canada...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Anyone could invade Canada without much of a problem.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Michigan's combined militias could probably march through to Ottawa and take down the government in a few weeks

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join