It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the US successfully invade Canada?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Danbones, Starred you are most correct. Very insightful.

Welcome to the NWO and it is now global.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

agreed.
this is the banter of a nationalist, not a bad thing but directed in the wrong place. I am a Canadian of my thirty seven years and my friends consider the US an ally. I have family in California for Christ's sake

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
By the Bye, my answer on this thread is that I believe every United States and Canadian reserve would lay down arms if ever given the order to harm one another.
wouldnt happen

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

We wouldn't invade, we would just give y'all Detroit. That would just about do it.

No need to invade if we can just destroy.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't think the USA would survive, attacking Canada. If all their troops are up north freezing their little army tushies off who's going to guard the mexican boarder? You invade us Mexico invades you, and you get to live up north and continue to freeze your American buns off in -40 degrees Celsius. Bye bye Florida.

Also people may joke about our army but I wouldn't mess with our troops. You may have more but we know the land and can take the cold. We have guns and we know how to use them. We just are quiet about it. I think almost everyone I know, knows how to use a weapon to kill. Guns, knives, my best friend is a sharp shooter in archery. I my self am hand to hand knife. My daddy taught me to use one when I was 3 years old.

I highly doubt that the American army would ever attack Canada. Too many countries would side with us and who would support America? The common wealth will side with Canada, Russia will just want the arctic and have a better relation with the Canucks , the middle east would laugh and no doubt use this to attack the states. Really what country would help Invade Canada and side with the States?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Intrepid we already have Alaska so we can just push down from there no need to fight our way north ;D.

This thread was a hoot, but kinda offensive.
Your right but the remarks are aimed incorrectly.
why make hurtful comments about America as a whole and not just these individuals whom you find have committed a slight against you or Canadians with their remarks?
It seems a lot of countries, who aren't America, seem quick to lump us all into a nice little group and stereotype us and make the actions of a few idiots the general consensus of America. (see what i did there?[irony not hypocrisy] ;D)

Anyways why cant we all just be friends? culturally there isn't much difference, albeit a few. and we would both benefit from being one country. then we could both fight off Mexico

edit on 22-10-2010 by LurkingSleipner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Canada could be destroyed just as easily as America right from the inside out, get a few of our big corporations in their and some of our politicians and watch it crumble within 50 years....

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Having served in the Canadian Forces in a dismounted infantry regiment, I can attest to the fact that our army would know how to fight a guerrilla war if we had to. Also, there are enough guns in Canada, in private hands alone, to arm the whole adult male population... though you wouldn't know it looking at our "gun registry".

Yeah... the "war" itself would be a joke - The U.S. would just bomb anything that was a remote threat and we wouldn't even know what the hell happened. But the "occupation"... well, that would be a whole other story.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It would be nice to have the Better side of Niagara Falls come to think of it. And there are some nice fishing spots..

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
It would be nice to have the Better side of Niagara Falls come to think of it. And there are some nice fishing spots..

Okay, so you ( i mean anyone ) does have the opportunity to fish there ?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Don't think so? Attack. It'll be your death knell.

I have three words for you:

Big.
F**kin'
Deal.

What a BS thread. Who cares? I can't believe that ATS even allowed it. Wait, since it's bashing the US, it's allowed.

What, you get your rocks off writing this. "Man, everyone is going to think I'm a bad-ass, taking on the US like this! I'm sure to get a bunch of stars with this one. Yeah, US, come attack us!"

Grow up and move out of your mom's basement. Get a real life.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
I don't think the USA would survive, attacking Canada. If all their troops are up north freezing their little army tushies off who's going to guard the mexican boarder? You invade us Mexico invades you, and you get to live up north and continue to freeze your American buns off in -40 degrees Celsius. Bye bye Florida.

Big deal. They can have Florida.

Also people may joke about our army but I wouldn't mess with our troops. You may have more but we know the land and can take the cold. We have guns and we know how to use them. We just are quiet about it. I think almost everyone I know, knows how to use a weapon to kill. Guns, knives, my best friend is a sharp shooter in archery. I my self am hand to hand knife. My daddy taught me to use one when I was 3 years old.

Once again, big deal. I'm from Northern NY, in the area called the snow belt. We get ass loads of snow. Water has never looked right to me unless it has ice in it. Do you honestly think that there aren't any Americans that can easily deal with the cold like Canadians? You think your average Canadian in Montreal is some sort of winter survivalist? They'd die in the cold as easily as someone from NYC.

I highly doubt that the American army would ever attack Canada. Too many countries would side with us and who would support America? The common wealth will side with Canada, Russia will just want the arctic and have a better relation with the Canucks , the middle east would laugh and no doubt use this to attack the states. Really what country would help Invade Canada and side with the States?

Third time, big deal. How about this logic? The US wouldn't attack Canada because we are allies? Did that ever cross any Canadians freakin' brain while they were typing about how bad-ass they were?

People here on ATS need to get a life. Canadians, you want a war, there's plenty to go around. I know, I ran into some of your troops in A-stan. Great bunch of guys.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Full force? I think the U.S. could invade Canada Successfully.

During the current situation? Umm, no. Too spread out, too weak financially, too little trust and support of the people.

The best part of the whole thought is that we would never WANT to invade Canada regardless of the odds of success. We need one rational and decent neighbor to keep us from going even more insane than we already are.

If anything, I am half way hoping Canada invades US and topples our corrupt system and gives the nation back to it's people. Heck you can just keep the damn thing if you want, just be nice to your new citizens. =)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
We sent 1/3 of our population to Europe in WW1. We got into WW2 in '39. We ARE a nation that will fight. That's all I'm saying. Yes. I AM CANADIAN!!!

Hmmmm.....

Well, Canada declared war on Germany on 10 Sep 39. The US declared war on Germany after Pearl Harbor (forgetting the exact date when the US actually declared war; 10 Dec 41?)

How much combat did the Canadian Army see between Sep 39 and Dec 41? One batt almost got schwacked in Dunkirk. Other than the RCAF, not too many Canadians were active in the fighting; things were just starting off. So, try to control that "Canadians had bloody bayonets between their teeth as soon as the war started" attitude.

And, a fair amount of US citizens enlisted in the RCAF to get to the fighting early.

You also forgot to mention how by 1944, the Canadian Army was having a shortage of troops, especially in the Infantry. Seems that, unlike the US, your draftees didn't have to serve overseas.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I 've read a good many posts here and some are hilarious while others are serious (pointing to each nations military stats).

The United States and Canada shares almost a parallel history. There are posts here implying an armed conlict between these two nations. Can't happen. I've never heard any American call Canada the United States' "little brother" or anything like that. The fact remains clear. Both nations have their roots mostly in the United Kingdom (England) and while the United States did go through a Civil War, an actual armed conlict between the United States and Canada is impossible not becuase the two governments wouldn't allow it, but the people of both nations wouldn't.

The subject of this thread talks about a successful invasion not an armed conflict and given this fact, the United States have already successfully invaded Canada.

and Canada has successfully invaded the United States.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Our cultures are too similar, it would be like killing your own brother. Both cultures would have to drift so far from it's Anglo roots to the point where it would no longer resemble the countries we know today for any sort of military action.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Oh come on Americans give me a break about the whole "Our army is bigger crap" That isnt exactly working out in Iraq at the moment is it? It didn't work in Vietnam either did it?

Your forgetting, Queen Elizabeth is the Queen of Canada, and picking a fight with Canada is picking a fight with Britain, resulting in picking a fight with the European Union. The Queen could possibly call help from all corners of the commonwealth to help out aswell.

America simply could not win the war, it would cost too many lives and too much money to hold canada.
Some stats

"The combined defence budgets of the 27 EU member states in 2008 amounted to €200.2 billion ($260.4 billion)." (Not including Canada)

France and the United Kingdom account for more than 45% of EU military expenditure.

Active Personel:

And a reserve force of

Canada currently has 67,756 force ready.

America is outnumberd on all flanks, its never easy for an invading force, the canadians and europeans can set up base, whilst the americans have to travel miles through cold rugged terrain.

Not even possible.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
The subject of this thread talks about a successful invasion not an armed conflict and given this fact, the United States have already successfully invaded Canada.

Ironically, both the main actors in that video, Dan Aykroyd and John Candy, are Canadians :-) If you've never seen Candy on the old SCTV series, hunt up a few episodes, he was outrageous (and the show was highly underrated.)

As for the language gag, Canada's the only place where you have to turn the can around to the other side to know what you're eating, lol.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I wasn't refering to the actors, I was refering to the movie. But good point about the nationalities of the actors in the movie. When I first saw this movie, I thought I'd die laughing and I had to post it becuse it's one of my all-time favorites.

What I was trying to point out in my post is that there is really no difference in a Canadian and an American. Anyone wanting to prove different is only fooling themselves.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
What I was trying to point out in my post is that there is really no difference in a Canadian and an American. Anyone wanting to prove different is only fooling themselves.

Au contrair! Canadians are a lot funnier, lol.

Just kidding.

Though, as someone who lives in an American city during the week that turns into a Canadian one on the weekends, I can tell you that Manitobans are waaaaay worse drivers than North Dakotans are. Never saw people who thought it was reasonable to make a u-turn from the right lane, because they forgot which side of the road the bottle shop was on, before I moved here :-)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join