It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US national debt actually *gulp* $200 Trillion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
yes the 200 trillion could be accurate ...
IF one adds in the next 80 years of Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, Food Stamps, wounded and retired Veterans of the continual 'wars' the USA engages in...

Why a balanced budget will never happen: because there are fewer & fewer individuals that incur taxes because they have no jobs/income to buy products and generate tax revenues
Thank the fascist-corporate-government for that paradigm...

globalization/outsourcig/shipping production & service overseas,,,so the corporate elites can rake in large pay and benefits. so the elites can send their lobbysts into the halls of congress with briefcases full of 'gifts'

Also, the ecnomy be dammed... wealth creation is made with/by/for the 'banks', so fund their escapades
into the $300 trillion in un regulated, seriously under funded derivatives and to heck with MainStreet...
'Wall Street Uber Alles' is the greeting at the gate...instead of 'Arbeiten Macht Frei' from an earlier incarnation

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
Globalization/outsourcing/shipping production & service overseas,,,so the corporate elites can rake in large pay and benefits. so the elites can send their lobbysts into the halls of congress with briefcases full of 'gifts'

Ahh....great statement!
My problem with our 'debt' is that we are constantly bombarded with the idea of going global.
As if that's a good thing.

Global? We need to be self-sufficient!
We can't even take care of ourselves and we want to spread ourselves thinner?
In the name of what? Democracy?

Our gov't keeps spending obscene amounts of money staying over seas fighting/aiding/etc...
Then they want more money to help prop up the banks...*ehem*...the markets, so they can lend US money.
Wait, I forgot that banks are the only entities that create wealth!
Now, they want more money to create health care and jobs!

Back to going global.
I'm not saying that trading and import/export is a bad thing, when you can do things equally.
We should be producing our own goods to export and we hardly do that, if any at all.
BUT: It is a terrible idea when our Congress adopts a free-trade agreement!
So basically, we import everything, without any sort of tariff, and we don't export anywhere near as much.
But, then the price of goods would go up...
Because we all know that we pay 1/20th the price of what it costs to make things in China.
Yeah!

Great idea, D.C.! (old news, I know)

Does anyone here even know why we don't produce our own goods?
Profit.
Money.
Cost Effectiveness.
American Dream.
Call it what you want, but I call it greed.
When one man decides that making $100,000 profit isn't enough...
...so he produces the same goods in China, or Mexico so he can make $400,000 profit?
Does anyone else see the problem here? It's been happening for decades now.
Basically, this isn't capitalism it's a dog-eat-dog world.
Screw the people when you can make more money.
I watch these things take place and I get disgusted with people (that support those actions).

I see things for what they're worth and right now everything is worthless.
Call me Negative Nancy or what-have-you.
You can't have all these 'elitists' making windfall profits at our expense.
Then turning around and saying, "Invest in our market, BUY STOCKS!, Global is the way!"
It's a bunch of horse malarkey.

Forget about it.
There's no use even ranting anymore.
They want a global gov't, currency, and nation.
With the steps these people are taking, it will happen. One way or another.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Forget about it.
There's no use even ranting anymore.
They want a global gov't, currency, and nation.
With the steps these people are taking, it will happen. One way or another.

Reminds me of the international financier James P Warburg quote from the 1950 Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing that is familiar to NWO researchers:

"We shall have world government, whether or not we like it. The question is only whether world government will be achieved by consent or by conquest."

edit on 9/10/2010 by Mary Rose because: Add word

edit on 9/10/2010 by Mary Rose because: Typo

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

If everyone, who questions this agenda, would actually research your quote plus more, they would see the truth.
The Council on Foreign Relations.
The Trilateral Commission.
The City of Rome.
The Bilderbergs.

All of these groups have one thing in common.
Global Domination.
They work together and behind the scenes.
They make the decisions that rulers use to speak to the general public.

It's truly amazing what the American public forgot about in the 1950's-1960's.
There are numerous quotes that people could hardly blink an eye at.
Yet, the public keeps distracted, they keep entertained.
And for what?
Apathy.
They don't care.
As long as they can live their meaningless lives that are seemingly run by the television...
Think about it.

Don't try to change anyone's thoughts either.
You will single yourself out from the pack and become a 'nutty conspiracy theorist'.

Like me.

Like a great orator once said: (I forget who)
"Give a thirsty man half a glass of water and you will quench his thirst. Give him a gallon and he will drown."
In other words...when you explain something to someone, you should only give them a little info.
You wouldn't want to overwhelm them with the truth. They might make drastic decisions.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Don't try to change anyone's thoughts either.
You will single yourself out from the pack and become a 'nutty conspiracy theorist'.

Like me.

Like me, too. I learned it the hard way with my family.

I think the best that can be done is to keep communicating in ways that are non-threatening to whomever might be reachable. Maybe a seed will be planted and take root.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I used to look at this a lot a couple years ago, but I have a new understanding I suppose. In the end, as long as people are working, the numbers don't really matter...people don't get that though. I didn't understand in the beginning either.

The only problem is having to pay rather imaginary debts over to foreign governments. If they start wanting a rather large part of our physical labor, that's what is going to cause problems. Labor and money are separate though in the big scheme of things. I wouldn't be surprised if everything was already figured out between countries like America and China. Money is just an illusion, and the belief in it keeps us away from what's really going on.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Saturday 9:46AM,

i found a recent article that assumes the debt to be closer to $140 trillion
with further bailouts & annual budget deficts over $1.5 trillion annually

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

The actual debt numbers are insane.
Public Debt is over $13,433,000,000,000.00 (13.4 trillion).
Add the GSE (Freddie/Fannie) debt to that and we are over 18 trillion.
Pile on the unfunded liabilities hidden on the government’s off balance sheet
ledgers and you will find these figures:
Social Security (14.6 trillion),
Prescription Drugs (19.2 trillion),
Medicare (76 trillion).

Actual Debt ST: $127.8 trillion*

*need to ADD the secreted Federal Reserve balance sheet, estimated to be $12.5 Trillion
for their bailouts of wall street, banks, & european banks

Grand total as of today $140.3 trillion

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

the meme 'Globalization' flies directly in the face of other, wiser policies such as a 'Sustainable economy'...

where R&D, creation of Business, Factory & industry, and a permanent network that satisifies the supply-demand operation...is interwoven into the social fabric.

the globalists have succeeding in fragmenting the 'Sustainable economy' (the former American Industrial base)
& making profits from recreating the lines of production spread among distant facilities... they call that advancement?

well, yes it could be seen as good, because a singular plant or production facility that gets hit in a massive earthquake could take many months to rebuild as the sole provider of the product... but a diverse production or manufacturing base would tend to sidestep any local disaster & keep the goods moving to the store shelves.

but that notion is 'rationalizing'
at the expense of a national/soverign economy, of wealth creation spread among a community, instead of going to the globalization managers.
the ebbs & flows of economic activity are now in the control of the manipulators and not nature/destiny/community/nation as things were pre-globalization

top topics

<< 1   >>

join