It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open message to you all "Since when did this website become.....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I dunno dude... its still the same to me.

I think there's a clear difference between spreading hate, which is what you claim is happening, and actually expressing hate. The distinction may be fine, but its there.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Opinions are just that and I accept yours..

Can you not do the same?

I see my point as correct as far as T&C goes.

Can you argue my point instead of my perceived motives...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Wait...

Is this a topic about "hate topics"...

...coming from the person who created an infamous topic hating on a HUGE group of people because they believe in the possibility of a time shift/ geographical change, going so far as to call them all "STUPID".

Surely this change of heart can not come so lightly.

Perhaps it is just that you would much rather everyone posted things that YOU agreed with rather than have to be bombarded by the silly nonsense called "discussion" over the topic.

No, case in point - I agree to an extent. But from the person it is coming from, please... this is just TOO good.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Yes, and I wonder about motive for such a thread.

And why would anyone post such a provocative thread and then not stay around to debate their point???

I have not seen one post from the OP other than the opening thread and they are asking for more reasonable debate and sensible discussions???

Got me beat.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. I even tried to get my profile deleted because of it, but it doesn't delete.

You can see the deterioration of intelligence here. Look on my profile at my most recent threads. All three are intelligent discussion topics. Very few constructive comments, and only 2 flags.

I think the ATS crowd is more into gossip than intelligent discussion anymore.

If you look to the right at the most recent threads, they extoll Hitler and debase God. Not my crowd, guys.

Anyone know how I can get deleted from this website?

Thanks in advance.

[edit on 8/13/2010 by Jim Scott]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Yes, I see good threads with no replies often,
I made my first thread the other day about Malaysia using Gold & Silver currency.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not one reply even though going back to REAL currency with fluctuating (usually up) value would have saved the US from the banks.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeeverythingatherman

I'm not a Christian but you’re offended with attacks on most everything except Christians and capitalists (majority of Americans). So why didn’t you shorten your rant to say Christian American capitalists you’re not welcome?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I was pretty much right there with you until you said there should be no threads attacking Israel or LEO's. I do not understand why those two groups should get a free pass on ATS.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
paid disinfo agents or just trolls block them as needed but then they just start a new account. your right on in your analysis.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by rainbowhunter]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

There is a reason why ATS gave you the privilege of "ignore".

It is a fascinating feature, which allows us to ignore people completely.

It is amazing how more and more people are becoming lazy and are expecting others to do all the work.

There is going to be trolls everywhere, and there is going to be haters, racists, brainwashed a%%holes everywhere.

What you need to do, is continue posting great threads, maybe you should make yourself an example, so others can follow.

If you are going to whine, then you are not a leader, nor a great speaker. You are simply repeating the same views which has been posted over hundred times in ATS within couple of months now.

Do your part, I'll do my part, encourage those who are actually posting quality threads, and discourage those who are not.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowhunter
paid disinfo agents or just trolls block them as needed but then they just start a new account. your right on in your analysis.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by rainbowhunter]

I'm curious how you know that, after I see your date of registration. Just wondering....

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Anyone know how I can get deleted from this website?

You can't. There's a thread or two about it around here somewhere, but basically what it boils down to is that it would screw up the threads if we could delete our accounts. What we've posted stays posted unless we edit it within the allotted time frame or a mod removes it for a T&C violation. Only option is to just not come back. It's up to you.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Right on OZ, I agree 100%. I've seriously contemplated not even coming here any more because it has gotten to hateful and ridiculous. I can understand when someone challenges an idea or assertion, but it used to be backed up with in depth research. Now it seems we have a ton of cut-n-pasters that don't bother to do the research. Problem is, that because of ATS's visibility now the msm is starting to use articles from here, when no one does their homework it ends up misrepresenting this space. Maybe it's for the best, maybe it will drive away some of the tripe, but my suspicion is, it won't. Truth be told, if it doesn't change soon, I'm leaving.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I said something earlier but just wanted to add something.

This is just like when I go to a concert and try to mosh/skank and some little square gets in the way and says "Stop it you're hurting me. Or hey man don't hit my girl." It's like son if ya can't skank/mosh gtfo the pit and stand in the back with the grandmas. I'm assuming the one posting this is a product of the new system of doing things where everyone is looked upon as equal and where individuality is frowned upon, in any sense except that directed towards a arbitrary directive. You can be your own person, but here are your choices, so to speak.

If it bothers you go back to facebook or go tweet yourself.

The future needs leaders. Not babies who want to nullify the word with censorship, you sir are the reason I love my middle finger so much.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
100% proof of why god does or doesnt exist (does NOT belong in the conspiracies in religion forum, period)

Well over 90% of people on the planet believe in a deity… who are you to demand they all shut up, Stalin?

100% proof that atheists or "insert religious sect" are stupid, wrong, ignorant etc etc

You just repeated yourself

Anything that condones the horrific crimes against humans or animals. For example, people believing Hitler was a saint, or claiming that animals have no rights and/or feel pain

I have been to many forums including this one and I rarely see people referring to Hitler as a saint… usually he’s used to show that many other current world leaders are just as bad.

Anything that claims that one sex is superior to the opposite one

In what way? Strength?, Brains? What are you talking about?

Anything that claims homsexuals are evil, abnormal humans or any other homophobic or religious based homophobic comment

Again, well over 90% of the world believes in a deity and many of them do not agree with same sex marriage… so that’s just tough… Don’t be like Stalin, learn to tolerate people who don’t think like you.

Any complete trash talking about muslims....especially when most of us know absolutely nothing about them

If you come across a post that hurts you because a Muslim was attacked than deal with that post. I’m not a Christian but something tells me trash talking Christian beliefs, which is at epidemic proportions on ATS, would get a pass by you.

Any thread that claims one country is better than another for whatever reason

So you’re a UN globalists, an atheist Zeitfreak Venus Project whatever….

Any thread that claims caucasians are more advanced than other races, and afro-american people are sub human, or any other racial remark against them. And that goes both ways

If you can’t easily slap down a stupid racists thread such as that you shouldn’t be debating on line

Any thread that attacks communism, or any other political sect, which again most of you either use disinfo from unreliable, or propoganda websites or even blogs

There’s you’re UN globalist’s left wing communists veneer exposing itself again. Commies have always been intolerant… like Stalin

Anything that attacks Israel and the Jews, where some comments have been down right ridiculous and disrespecftul

Don’t criticize the state of Israel or their genocidal policies.

Anyone thats not a medical proffesional that pushes people to not take their medication, especially when it could cause harm. (Opinion is fine but dont try and force someone of them)

Take your WHO mandated shots and die like a good little American sovereign capitalists.

The blatant attack on Law enforcement officals, and hiding behind the NWO conspiracy, to justify your hate for them, or using any possible source to justify an attack

Don’t complain as your police become militarized under UN mandates and kick your door down and shoot your mom and your dog over a gram of weed.

Its time for us to act ATS'ers (I know many of you want to say it, but dont know how, or dont want to). Let it be known that this kind of BS is not wanted here.

True collectivists, UN globalists anti-American trash… I can smell the collaboration of an orchestrated anti-American thread from miles away.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
YAwn, I have been around the net for a long time, chatrooms..
,, message boards, etc. and their is always one common theme. For some reason, intelligent discussion is obscured by many others idea's, and those thoughts are very infectious. Now as far as hate posts, I dont really see it the same as you, perhaps because I have learned how to filter ignorance, or just plain nonsense. In addition for some people in order to learn they have to create an argument, or debate in a topic, to figure out what it is they think.. Yet as far as the ration of thought on people just vagrantly posting I hate this that or the other is a waste of our time, and should be removed, yet its pretty hard to apply tact on such a specific idea, is difficult so it should be obvious, and removed. In addition I have stopped posting whats on my mind these days on the board, because what I read, I have read before a long time ago, and have already learned or came to my conclusion on what the topic is discussing, and the reply's to the topic, seem to be recycled, I dunno either comments, or I am en-lighted and cannot prove what I think but I am RIGHT!! LOL

So their ya have it. Just take it with a grain of thought. Its not that important, in the big scheme of things, and just try not to click on the topic if the title sounds hateful or bad. Thats how I deal with it, if you do not reply, it dies..

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

I note in your list of "bad topics" you left out Chemtrails...Obviously a topic you like to get involved with and debunk as many people's opinions as possible. Why not add it to your list?

As I said in the OP, its the hating threads that I have an issue with, not the conspiracy ones. I dont believe in chemtrails, but being a conspiracy they do belong here.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I agree. . .there have been some comments on this site for the last 6 months that one would think should be removed. It's funny how a non-related or off-topic post can get removed, yet some the name calling and general idiocy of some posts that blatantly violate ats guidelines seem to just be ignored by mods.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
yet some the name calling and general idiocy of some posts that blatantly violate ats guidelines seem to just be ignored by mods.

Actually... that's one of the things that are good about this site.... because of policy there is no cussin and very little name-calling. If you ask me... that's a victory for truth because liars always quickly resort to cussin and name-calling as a key part of their strategy… in fact… because ATS has banned such filth the psyop war fighters are severely handicapped. This thread maybe a reflection of that frustration.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Anything that attacks Israel and the Jews, where some comments have been down right ridiculous and disrespecftul

You know what I find ridiculous and disrespectful? Using white phosphorus on innocent civilians, women, and children.

I just wanted to use this as an example. It's pretty obvious that there would be a way to pick apart your entire thread with these little tidbits, but I'll just stop there. I respect your plea for sanity and understanding. With the great diversity of the internet comes a great diversity of thought, and it would follow that a variety of heat will generate about just about any subject.

"As long as you hate, there will be people to hate" - George Harrison

Now, with that established - this: As much as I respect the idea, I also have to point out that this is AboveTopSecret, not Above Sesame Street Online. We're not here to coddle you or mold our opinions around your hurt feelings. I'm not going to withhold information because I don't want people butthurt, and I would expect the same from everyone else. We're adults, Oz. If you are prepared to have rational discourse where we share ideas peacefully, this can be a candyland. If you're not prepared to go all in with both guns blazing when you have to, then the internet probably isn't for you. May I suggest something a bit toned down, like a public library?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join