It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open message to you all "Since when did this website become.....

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Well, I love you anyway, whatukno,

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
and it shocked me that Christianity was left out off the OP's list,

Ok, again...... a quote from my OP

100% proof that atheists or "insert religious sect" are stupid, wrong, ignorant etc etc

Notice the use of the words "insert religious sect"?

That means any religion, not just Christianity

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It's ok buddy, eventually I will wean you off the hateorade.

Think of it as a new adventure! An adventure into reality! It will be fun!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Oz I hear what your saying and agree with some of your ideas.

I imagine you have been a member of other boards without moderators when forums first began. It was terrible. Anything went and I had my Internet feeling hurt many times.

Thankfully my last feeling was snubbed out a few years ago.

I'm not sure what is more interesting ....haters or liars. At one time we usually had at least one good lie going on and on for many pages, flags and stars. The one about beating up the alien in his bedroom and another one about fire talking to them about the future were some of my favorite tales of fantasy. Both the authors of those threads were eventually banned.

There has been only one poster that could have caused me to get mean and hateful and he is banned also. That fellow was always whining about his personal problems and feeling sorry for himself.

Yes there are some hateful people posting now that seem to not have a heart. When they are hateful to me I post back and am very nice and hope that will stop the hate towards me and it has worked so far.

There are a lot of interesting threads I could make but I can't take failure and I have never made an outstanding thread. I'm not in that special group that people enjoy. Whose fault is that? Mine.

Oz, you are part of what makes this forum so interesting and believable.
Hang in here with us and wait for this wave to die out.

I have searched and joined other boards but not one of them can hold a candle to ATS. This board is my most favorite.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by AshleyD

That was one of the best worded posts I have seen, and no, I'm not saying that because you are a mod or are agreeing with what I have been saying all along.

ATS is here for theories, opinions and facts.
Everyone is entitled to the first 2, the 3rd should come with proof.

Ahha!

I said the exact same thing. Where is my pat on the back?

You fiends...

oO

Im not a mod, I get it.. Criminy..

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I want to say this if possible : ( do not want to get banned ( lol ) so be gentle, so be nice little man ... ( sarcasm ok ? ) :
1/ the more and the more people get angry, VERY very angry about the evolution of (Y)OUR world : try to accept this world is DYING, mother nature is DYING - if you do not believe me read lots of ATS threads about all those incredible and inaceptable dangers ( BP, corexit, Monsanto GMO's, CO2 dangers, etc etc ... ) not forgetting the lies we are told too, the reality we are blocked off, the way they ( the REAL ( = financial ) powers in office ) are misleading, deceiving people. 9/11 ??? IRAQ ??? ILLUMINATI ??? SKILLS & BONES BUSHitt ???
OK ??? so somewhere I really can understand lots of people get very angry and emotional implicated when writing about this problems. This, ATS, is OUR possibility to express our emotions, ideas, anger ...
so, think about
2/ writing is NOT speaking : when you speak to somebody, you see the face and the expressions and the body-talk , when writing an answer on ATS you try to answer as like you would speak .... but it becomes " agressiv " because you cannot see the person in front of you and your text is as you would speak ....
When I say to somebody, in reality, face to face : "come on you, shet up " and then continue to speak with some smile on my face, the other person will listen and see that I am NOT agressiv, but when I WRITE this it looks effectivly very agressiv ......
think about it ...
have a beer, or a rosé french wine !!!
3/ in Europe we are much more assertiv than in US !!! you up there look sometimes being bigots compared to the way we talk in EUROP !!!!
we still can get very angry ( assertiv ) without being banned !!
4/ I also do NOT accept fascism or racism, that is for sure !!
liberty of religion etc etc ... OK, no trouble !
but do not try to excuse Hitler or Stalin that is historically impossible ... but discuss it, no problem ...
5/ stupid people or kids on ATS trying to look like adults, ok, no problem, they exist, peace !!
I'm getting me another beer and then start my big bike !!! WOW. Peace.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Frankly, I want to know since when does ATS print only posts that they want to hear. I don't like censorship of any kind and I believe that ATS is as guilty of censorship worse than I had expected. Too bad for you, ATS, that you cannot face the truth.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

It's ok buddy, eventually I will wean you off the hateorade.

Think of it as a new adventure! An adventure into reality! It will be fun!

Well I am female not a buddy,

I don't see why you think I have drank any hateraid, considering some of your post I think the same about you,

Aint that wild?

You have been pretty mean to me on the forum and I have yet to insult you.
I have let you bash me and not even responded to the accusations.

So who is the hater?

Having an opinion on a subject you don't happen to agree with doesn't make me a hater.

[edit on 113131p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I don't see why you think I have drank any hateraid, considering some of your post I think the same about you,

No, actually, I freely admit I am a complete jerk, but at least I am an honest jerk.

See, I don't just blindly hate without proof. I just generally am a jerk. But I am only a jerk because I am generally right.

[edit on 8/14/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Well Ashley noticed it too and I have nothing but the utmost respect for her and her opinion,

I still find it odd the way you worded it.

never mind, I am done.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

ok, you are a jerk, nice to know you and happy to meet you, but at some other place please because what do we have to do with jerks on ATS ???
we are here to discuss lots of things, but this is NOT a place to discuss the problems you better discuss with your psychiatrist.
You jerk, me smile, you nice, me very very angry about how the world is going mad and how it is destroyed by some Reagan and Thatcher boys still living amongst us and now called NEO-CONS and neo-capitalists ......
read about it, read about the writings from Ernest Mandel : neo-capitalism and the effects on our lifes ....
some people better read more scientific economic papers ......
are you something more than a jerk ??

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
The site became an overload of hate when the Republicans came in. All they do is create or repeat false scandals about the opposing team.

Just because you dislike someone, doesn't give you permission to falsely accuse someone of Not being a legit citizen and beyond.

I look at posts on this site and it sickens me.

OH what you really mean to say is everything was alright while the forum was a hate Bush feast, it was fun back in the day, yes?

God help us all.

There were (and still are) many reasons to despise the monster known as George W. Bush. The guy should be sentenced for war crimes against humanity.

However...it seems the biggest argument on this web site about the current president is: The authenticity of his birth certificate...which is obviously the lamest attempt to bash Obama.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by SeventhSeal]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

i
i honestly beleive the members posting those threads are doing it deliberatly so people stop taking other threads less seriously, there are allot of good threads here but its the few that are making the rest look bad.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

OzWeatherman, I have to agree with most of your post, that there is a MAJOR problem on ATS with rampant racism and racial hatred, antisemitism, Nazi-sympatizing, christian bigotry and crude homophobia.

And it's to a point that ATS will soon be widely considered -if not already!- a haven for neo-Nazis and other White supremacists... and I'm still wondering what the heck the ATS "moderators" (with all due respect) are doing these days, if they are not mostly closet fascists themselves.

BUT, it's wrong to compare racist hatred to the hate people have of authority figures, like cops or doctors. Corps and medical personnel are there because they made the choice, and not because they were born as such, or it's what they unmovably are.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Love and light will save the world brothers and sisters.......

Just kidding I F'ing hate that tripe. I think the problem mostly is summer time, once the kids go back to school things might improve. There def. are not as many interesting threads as there were a few years ago. Either that or we have all become jaded from the info we have been digesting here. We know it all so nothing is new and fresh anymore. That is entirely possible I think.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

OzWeatherman, I have to agree with most of your post, that there is a MAJOR problem on ATS with rampant racism and racial hatred, antisemitism, Nazi-sympatizing, christian bigotry and crude homophobia.

You got that right. It's absolutely revolting to see the homophobic members on here...ATS..out of all places.

Some deep dark wretched human beings on here...and many of them supporting Prop 8. They can go find another site to launch their hatred. Leave ATS to the logical and open minded.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't mind hate, but I can't stand ignorant hate. Especially willfully ignorant hate.

I can handle being insulted by a poster, but not if the poster is an idiot. It's like getting pissed on by a drunk.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

right !! what new could we discuss that isn't yet discussed ????
that is a great reason why also it gets less interesting to follow up all ATS threads, some have multiple threads about the same point of discussion ....
but that is not a problem for ATS only, it's general : we saw it all yet, we heard it all yet, so ...
the best threads still are the ones with real conspiracy like 9/11 or the ones with ufos and paranormal activity.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

right to the point !

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm a new member, but I've viewed this site for quite awhile before joining. I just wanted to know that this site wasn't the norm for a bunch of hate and off the top of the head views. I even went so far as to type illumaniti to be recognized as a human member joining, now that its out the way. Let me just say I'm against violence and after viewing a youtube video by someone posting here on rape I was heated. My views, if muslims want to be muslims so be it but Please don't stand for the rape of anyone
and use the laws in the koran to let those that violate walk away free from any wrong doing. Other then that I support most causes but I will alway's support victims and children against RAPE !

new topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join