It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi! I'm fresh from the oven today!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The strict policy, outlined in the new members' video presentation has me worried!

Since I have no real evidence either way, of the existence/non-existence of extra terrestrial involvement on Earth - I'm a proud skeptic ("Skepticism", in case anyone doesn't quite understand, doesn't mean I don't take your arguments seriosuly. It just means I don't know what to believe, one way or another!)

I hope that my cautious nature is not reason for being kicked out.

The government sometimes lies about UFO phneomena when they feel that they need to, and (seriously?) 'abductees' sometimes lie about their experiences when they feel they can make a profit, or garner some publicity.

Prove it all to me! With evidence, not conjecture"

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Good luck my friend!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hi Trent01

As long as you play nice, you won't get kicked out

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. We may never know.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
We certainly may never know!

But is there anything, either way, that could grab my attention? Words are words, but logical arguments - I can handle

I don't want the truth. That's not going to happen here and now! But I'd lurrrve a strong case

Either way
Gimme a bite of something!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Skepticism is needed. Do you have an open mind? That is really the question.
Welcome!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
My mind is, by neccestiy, open to all suggestions.

But that same mind filters out trash quick enough

I'll listen to anything, but I'll also be the first to desert a cult that feeds me information that others members thereof can't substantiate!

Rational thinking is not always employed to cruelly discredit something, but rather to (hopefully) prove it. Or at least, learn more.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by trent01

I understand. you are talking to a solipsist here. it took me years to understand that you and others are not fake! talk about the ultimate skeptic!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by trent01

Hi Trent, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

My own beliefs are not entirely reliant on my own experiences.

It either is or is not.

The logical, or reasoned inferrence there; of any given knowledge, demands a sound causative base. I believe that the same application of such logic, also applies to anyone claiming sanctuary in solipsism!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by trent01

Well I should elaborate. I am not a true solipsist in that I still remain rooted in these thoughts. It what I started from. My inner voice is whats important. As long as you are true to yourself, is what matters.

There is a fine line between doubt and denial. Doubt keeps you moving forward, denial stops you dead in your tracks.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There is a fine line between doubt and denial. Doubt keeps you moving forward, denial stops you dead in your tracks.

Since I've not expressed denial - I think I've still got some momentum!

The issue of doubt, though, your post failed to address...? :s

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by trent01

It was really just something I've told myself over the years. Sorry if I had projected it onto you for you to believe! Consider it my daily affirmation. Anyway, I look forward to your posts!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It's OK

I'm still looking for objective evidence though

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by trent01

I know. And would I not expect anything less? Considering you're a skeptic and all.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I reckon you've got my number

But I'm not an overly nasty, vocal skeptic. The strongest case, gets my vote!

I won't proselytize, but I will point out inconsistencies and errors like nobody's business.

I'm (Remember the XFiles?) Mulder and Scully's kid. Exploratory, but Wary too!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I noticed that some of your skepticism for the witness's in these occurrences is the ability to profit in some way from their "experience", so I decided to highlight some individuals that have had "experiences" and speaking about them would harm their career's and in no way help them profit by any means.
This includes Buzz Aldrin, Dennis Kucinich, Former President Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan, J.Edgar Hoover, Jackie Gleeson, Muhammed Ali, David Bowie, John Lennon, Walter Cronkite, Various U.S. Senators, Will Smith, William Shatner, and even explorer Christopher Columbus. I hope that it is self evident why these people would prefer to keep their mouth shut about what they saw especially Columbus who could have faced a death penalty at the hands of the church. Here's a link list 1 or 2 of the people listed may not have been a firsthand witness, its hard to remember and I wish I had more time with this post to ensure the names are all accurate and provide better links, There are also 100's of names I could add to this list. If someone could embed the youtube link it would be appreciated. Thanks

www.ufoevidence.org...
www.ufoencounters.co.uk...
www.stealthskater.com...
www.ufoevidence.org...
www.youtube.com...

Oh I also wanted to know how I go about profiting from a ufo experience because all I ever see is people ridiculed and at most a small cheque from unsolved mysteries given to anybody including the most famous cases

I would try to show you skeptics "evidence" but that would be impossible considering that pictures can be faked, video can be altered, implants and crop circles can be man-made, a body could be put together by a genetics lab, a spacecraft could be man-made, until you meet an alien and experience a ride on their ship no one can be a 100 percent sure. Ive had an up close personal experience 8 feet away from my face and to this day I'm still not sure what exactly the cause was, proof is something you will need to experience for yourself no one can give you that

here's an album of pictures
www.ufoevidence.org...
here's what I find to be the best video evidence partly because multiple witness's and the people taking the video seem genuine
www.youtube.com...
Their comments are somewhat comedic and sometimes priceless

[edit on 13-8-2010 by DrunkNinja]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Thats what I always expect from self proclaimed "skeptics" nothing at all.

top topics

join