It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Deaths: How Many Did God Kill? How Many Did Satan Kill?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Hopefully I'm on topic:

I personally think your numbers are wrong.

Many of those deaths would have been "In the name of God", and not by God.

Asides (from other posted comments):
God did not create Evil or Sin (Original or otherwise), he did create us with 'Free Will'. Satan tempted Eve, She Chose, by her free will, to sin (go against Gods will) (read -hands off the tree of knowledge, b-atch).

The Bible (Old and New) are parables (Jesus spoke in parables - But no 'Gospel of Jesus'). As others said, history is written by the victors, rarely the vanquished. Many Books never made the cut into the two Testaments. The 'Book of Jasher', mentioned twice but not included. Even a 'Book of Judas'. They are a mix of history, myth, and parable to give guideance to those that want it. As they say, History Repeats.

God is the creator of the Universe. He is also the Judge. Remember that most of the people here on ATS who condemn the actions of The Powers That Be, are here because we hate Injustice.

So... A lot of killings in the Name-of-God, a lot of killings by natural disasters explained in ancient times as the Will of God due to a lack of reasoning and meaning to the events.

Your list would be more complete if it listed:
By God.
By Satan.
By Man.
By Nature (the father cannot be judged guilty for the actions of the son).

- Not a religous nutjob, just read a bit (Tanach [OT], New Testament, and Qur'an)

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
How about rape in the bible?

www.evilbible.com...

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Jerry_Teps]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

An analogy to what you stated here.

We always hear about the deaths and crimes due to guns, but we do not hear about the crimes that are prevented BY guns. I watched a vid in regards to the statistics in regards to this. Very eye opening. Basics was that 5 to 1, in regards to this.

I find this to also be true about spirituality or God.

I am not talking about organized religion, only spirituality.

Star for your comment.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

Hopefully I'm on topic:

The first 30 million is by the flood, which the Bible makes it explicitly clear that God did it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
To the OP, this info is interesting and thought provoking here on ATS, but it sure would really stir up some emotions on Facebook.

Is there a Facebook page with this information?

I would like to see the responses on Facebook for sure.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Realtruth]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

It's why the bible does not go along with science as in time, the bible says we are only a few thoulsands of years old, science says we are older than that.

So it does go back, way back, the bible states that because it's the story after everything got lost in the woods.

So it's like this.

The Serpent Masters aka the nephilim come to earth mix stuff up and create the advenced humans.(snake in the garden story) The Serpent Masters create the Sons of the Serpent. War in Heaven, the Nephilim aka the serpent master cast down to earth for interference.

War brakes out on earth or something of the sort and everything is wasted and we get the curent story blind folded. The wise man are the serpent sons, smart, all knowing, part of the serpent race, the iluminated ones, but not knowing they have been seen
all along what they are doing, big surprise.......surprise.

So you see, god is the only good guy, the rest are just pretending to be what they are not, religion is suppose to blind up people. Jesus is a good guy, but they picture him in this religion, when in fact it's just a bunch of books put together and twisted to go along with the agenda.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

my oh my...the responses on this site are getting more stupid by the day!!! you obviously have never read the bible or any other religious book and you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

God almighty creates everyone and also takes the life of EVERYONE. its is gods right to take the life of anyone whenever he sees fit and he will take the life of every one of us...we all die!!!

the bible is simply referring to certain events that are important for life lessons for us all.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Hopefully I'm on topic:

Asides (from other posted comments):
God did not create Evil or Sin (Original or otherwise), he did create us with 'Free Will'. Satan tempted Eve, She Chose, by her free will, to sin (go against Gods will) (read -hands off the tree of knowledge, b-atch).

Firstly, I never claimed to have accurate numbers: I provided figures between 2.8 million and 33 million. You are welcome to work it all out should you choose.

Secondly, I don't buy the "blame Eve" argument. It's been brought up several times. It simply shifts blame for god's direct actions to satan and Eve who were not directly responsible. Also, it seeks an excuse for murder, something reprehensible in any moral individual.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by elusive52

God does not mingle, I'm sorry, he just creates things, others do that in the name of god. God is not jealous, god does not have pride, it's the perfect being. How can someone perfect have what you state ? There is not such thing, only others posing as gods.

Perfection does not have flaws, angels on the other side tho can go good or bad, it's their duty to protect and serve god. Those that go bad are considered a liability, a danger to creation and are cast down, they come here and pose as gods. When is humanity going to get it ?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by elusive52
its is gods right to take the life of anyone whenever he sees fit

To me that is completely immoral. I fail to understand how any moral and rational person could find this to be an acceptable concept.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I probably worded that wrong. wasn't having a dig at you:

Firstly:
I personally think the numbers are wrong.
The above may have been better. You missed the context
(sorry - couldn't resist)

Secondly:
Asides (from other's posted comments):
You didn't mention any of that, others did.

good post. brought in some good comments from the rational. But, there should be a bright light to shine on threads to send the cockroaches (nutjobs) back under the refridgerator.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by CitizenNum287119327]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
You people just don't get it.

What you are saying is quite simple.
We get it, but I don't buy it.

God cannot be evil or wrong for killing his own creation. That would be like you being evil or wrong for squashing the cake you baked. That's just silly.

You've reduced all of mankind to "cake".
Nice.

If this objectification is shared by any "holy" creator then the notions of good and evil in the bible are a farce, and the only thing separating God from the Devil in terms of actions is that God claims to have created man.

You're notion of the father being in the right when it comes to abusing or murdering the child is terrible in my opinion.

How far would that be able to go before you got up off your knees?

- Lee

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Firstly:
I personally think the numbers are wrong.
The above may have been better. You missed the context
(sorry - couldn't resist)

Fair enough. I didn't address that issue and that is a fair point. So where do you believe the actual number lies?

[edit on 14-8-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I want to first tell you that I am not a Bible thumper and I do not go to church. I do not have any verses memorized from the Bible and I am not a perfect human being. What I can tell you is the fact that I have twice gone into cardiac arrest due to a heart condition...both times, I saw the light of God, I felt the overwhelming love, peace, and joy and I would give everything I own if you can prove there is no God. He is real folks. Whether you believe in evolution or not, I can tell you there is a God and we do go to another place after death. Some of you would say,"What you felt, saw and heard is a natural reaction to death." Wrong folks! To all the non-believers, you are much better off with opening your mind and taking a chance in believing than not. It is dangerous to question whether or not God is evil because you are doubting everything about him. He is the Almighty Creator and all loving father to us all.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I would just like to give a quick opinion. All the murders committed in the OP, and all murders claimed to be done in the name of God, and all natural disaster deaths should be attributed to God.

God is all knowing and all powerful. Before he created the world, he would have perfect knowledge of all of these deaths that would follow, by his hand, by the people claiming in his name, and by the natural disasters of the earth. God was perfectly aware all of this would happen, and if he is all powerful, he could easily change any part of it so that no death like these would occur.

Since God is all knowing, this thought did go through his mind. Instead, however, he chose the route which would lead to much suffering and death.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Intuitiveaptitude2009

What I have found absolutely crazy is that people with apparent "faith" don't find it demoralizing that the men who wrote the bible made eve the one at fault!?! I mean that is clearly a slap in the face to women everywhere, also why does everyone that follows the bible seem to forget that adam and eve weren't the first two around. There was first Cane and Able and for anyone who loves myths you'd know that ended in bloodshed, So instead god started again and left a tyrannical mischiefous snake in the garden with his two latest "experiments". The problem is the Bible is absolutely 100% flawed because it was written by men, and quite poorly written because it makes their "savior" look like a man enveloped by bloodshed and Satan the most likely scapegoat! Anything else I need a few more chuckles anyone who blindly follows a 2000 year old book is apparently devoid of logic anyway!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

the numbers aren't important, and going by the book, you are probably right.

The written word was, and still is today a very powerful tool. The original oral traditions of passing these stories on was as a warning to future generations that the events of the past could re-occur in the future. writing them down so that they were not lost, gave way to the fact that this new medium gave power to those who could write it and read it. Scribes were respected for the knowledge/skill they had. people would now go to those who possessed these books to hear the knowledge they contain. As history shows us, knowledge is power - and with power comes the possibility for coruption - then greed - then the need for control of that power. History does repeat, and we now are seeing it and awakening slowly to this fact.

A poster above ((saltheart foamfollower)) mentioned the analogy about reports on the number killed by guns, but never the number saved by guns.

The same can be said of the bible(s). Its not the content - it's how, and what, it's used for.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The same can be said of the bible(s). Its not the content - it's how, and what, it's used for.

I would have to say that the content does matter because people believe it literally and use it for justifications for their own actions. And sure, how and what you use it for is important. The danger lies within the fact that the moral ambiguity of the bible provides the equivalent of a blank slate: one man may use it to find comfort for his soul, another man may use it to rationalize murdering an abortion doctor.

Let's look at the facts in the OP at face value. Millions killed by god. Millions more killed in the name of this god, from ancient times to present. On that basis alone does it not make this book seriously dangerous literature?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Oh, he didn't, huh?

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Amos 3:6 "Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?"

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitotsumami
God is all knowing and all powerful. Before he created the world, he would have perfect knowledge of all of these deaths that would follow, by his hand, by the people claiming in his name, and by the natural disasters of the earth. God was perfectly aware all of this would happen, and if he is all powerful, he could easily change any part of it so that no death like these would occur.

Since God is all knowing, this thought did go through his mind. Instead, however, he chose the route which would lead to much suffering and death.

The Qur'an mentions that God knows all that has gone before, and all that will follow.
The things we see as unjust, natural disasters, atrocities, are all tests of faith for believers. Think of Job's Test, where all he had and lost tested his faith. Life is merely an Illusion. Just look at how many people waste their lives chasing material things....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join