It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Deaths: How Many Did God Kill? How Many Did Satan Kill?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
You are mistaken. God is responsible for every death that ever occurred in the history of the universe. Taking into account only humans, that would make it somewhere in the range of 100 billion currently.

However, God was also responsible for the lives of those 100 billion, not to mention the ~6 billion currently alive

[edit on 13-8-2010 by babloyi]

And no one sees the irony of worshiping this deity?

He created, thus he can take. And that's all groovy??

I think it's really disturbing that people with free will are so accepting of some being that has no direct influence in their life other than what they themselves give, having such total control over their life and death. So willing to accept an inevitable death on the whim of some so called all forgiving creature.

Replace the concept of god with any other thinking being and you have yourself a tyrant.

Be a friend of god and he may kill you if it suits him. But befriend the devil and you know you have a common enemy.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattias

Originally posted by Faiol
this just proves the stupidity of the followers of these organized religion

Wow, I would rather be a "stupid religion follower" then an ignorant ill informed jackass like yourself anyday, normally I wouldn't stoop to your level, but what an idiotic thing to say.. You my friend, are the problem with ATS.

Edit that, problem with the WORLD

[edit on 14-8-2010 by mattias]

sorry, but I am a hater when it comes to organized religion, so I just used the situation to throw a critic out there

I am not perfect ... sorry

--

But I keep my idea, I am against organized religion, since they are based on books that can be interpret in any way the reader wants, since it doesnt present logic, neither math

People read these books, and they dont consider that it may be just fiction, it was written in other times, so its not like they understood everything we do right now

and there are a lot of examples out there: one of the good ones, when they saw flying crosses ... they thought they were crosses ... nowadays we would call it planes? ufos?

another thing is that you can interpret whatever you want, simply because these texts are just perspectives from people just like us

[edit on 14/8/10 by Faiol]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

You were confused about context? Imagine that.....

No, I was pointing out that you repeatedly post falsehoods.

When one of your falsehoods is pointed out to you, you habitually say "You misunderstand the context of my remark."

You're not that deep, TD. When you placed heroin addiction on a par with religious piety, you meant exactly what you said.

You were rightly called on it.

Man up. Take some responsibility for what you post.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
hey op,

i always had a sweating nightmare i was already dead.

how bout you?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
So what?

What if God did kill all those people. Those people were His to kill if he wanted to, so God did nothing wrong. Satan killed 10 people that he did not create or give life to so he was in error.

God could wipe out this entire universe right now and that's no big deal. It's HIS universe.

So by your logic, I have every right to kill my Kids..... after all, I created them right?

No big deal, just squashing a cake?...... well, don't cry then when someone comes to erase your ass in the name of "god"

Thank the spaghetti monster we have Churches, otherwise we would need to build a very large number of mental institutions to house them.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IandEye
yeah i was excited, sorry . i meant making fun of religion as a whole and the love of god is inexcusable.

Why is religion above criticism and where exactly is the love of god you are referring to?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
God.. his actions were right and just in his own eye and that is all that matters.

Man killing Gods creation = Evil.

God killing his own creation = Good.

It's not like God is killing someone elses creation.

God cannot be evil or wrong for killing his own creation.

That doesn't square up with my sense of morality in any way. God most certainly can be wrong for murdering millions of people.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattias
I'm glad some of you here get it. I cannot most of you are such fools, to think that the creator of all that exists shouldn't be allowed to manipulate it is obsured. You people and your "liberal rights" have you trying to defy God himself. I feel very sorry for most of you.

So we're not allowed to make our own interpretation of the morality of a god that kills millions of people? Some even on a whim and for trivial infractions?

Why are you downgrading murder to "manipulation"? Does that make it easier to think about than recognizing it as capricious serial and mass murder?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by pepsi78
Yes I do, don't you look around how things are built ?
Everything provides something, even planets, it's all for it to work, arranged.
Evolution just flunked, not so valid so what theory is up ?
Don't try to say it's valid because laws and particles don't evolve. It's shift shape to the preset, predefined to the core.

Sorry, I don't buy the god hypothesis. Evolution didn't flunk, it's undeniable fact. And it doesn't state that laws and particles evolve. Study up on the scientific theory you argue against.

Well if particles and laws don't change then we are only becoming what were suppose to become.

I have no clue what "shift shape to the preset" or "we're becoming what we're suppose to become" means.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

People read these books, and they dont consider that it may be just fiction, it was written in other times, so its not like they understood everything we do right now

You know,I suspect that the majority of the faithful probably never read the texts of their holy books. A few in this thread seem shocked by all the god-murderin' in the bible and have struck back at me for "misrepresenting god". Even though it's all in the source text.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I am the Eater of Worlds.

Just thought I would add that statement.

Wanted to reply to the first page comment about, I created you, I can take you out. Boy, reminds me of my father. Hell of a guy.

Anyway, choice. We all have it. We have ALL been given it. God, nor Satan has killed ANYONE. We have been given the CHOICE from day one.

Does not matter if God or Allah or Yahweh or any God that you so choose to name, none have made the choice. You have.

To even bring into account God smiting whole civilizations, this STILL brings back to the argument that YOU have made the choice. Be it if YOU engaged in the behavior or only stood mute when the choices were made.

I behold a dark star, and it was ME.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
He created, he can destroy- end of story.

LOl with that statement...how truelly blindly stupid can you be?
I mean really...people that believe like this, are the reason why religion is flawed. Use your brain and intuition.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits
When you placed heroin addiction on a par with religious piety, you meant exactly what you said.

More persnickety nit picking from you? I never would have suspected it. Since you'll obviously never see it any other way, for you I'll "man up" and... hell, I'll just go ahead and say that faith IS heroin addiction. Just for you! Yep, heat up that baptismal spoon of piety, tie up that tourniquet of faith, draw those bible verses up into the needle of glory and inject yourself with the tingly goodness of Jeeeezuz! Head to the crapper for a puke but then feel the concentrated orgasmic narcotic bliss of religion!

That's exactly what I meant and you ferreted it out, by golly. Great detective work! I stand no chance against your keen senses.

Anyway, seems you don't really have that much on me to gripe about -and as usual you don't want to discuss the topic, just lovable me - so there's some fodder for you. As usual, I expect another three pages devoted to some more of your gnat biting, so let it rip.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

To even bring into account God smiting whole civilizations, this STILL brings back to the argument that YOU have made the choice. .

What? What choice? Kiss this god's butt or he's liable to destroy entire civilizations and blame it on your "choice"?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

hahhaha so would you if you could shoot lightening at people.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny c

hahhaha so would you if you could shoot lightening at people.

Ahhh.... but that's were you're wrong, he wouldn't, simply because, unlike "god", he has a heart, and obviously a greater intellect.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

So this means you believe the bible? Because truly you have no argument without it.

Taking that case, (you do believe the bible) the only logical conclusion is you also believe in God and Jesus. Ya see, with those two it's either the whole shebang, or nothing.

So, seeings as you believe in God and Jesus, and the bible, it only goes to say you'd be in agreement God gave His Only Son, to pay for the mistakes from the beginning of mankind on.

From here we can only conclude, based on what we've already established. with Jesus there's no need of the Old Testament as Jesus has erased the need of the old law. (To some extent).

Let's not forget the best footnote from the Gospel of Thomas, Jesus went down into hell to save those who came before him.

So, what does this equal?

All who died before Jesus, and after, had/have a chance on EVERLASTING LIFE, which in comparison to out life here on earth is a long time. (/understatement)

Now, on the other hand, if you DO NOT believe in the bible, then why bother with the thread?

Unless of course you're trying your hand at playing both drums and trumpet on the ever so popular Bash the Christians Bandwagon.

peace

edit = fix bbc code

[edit on 14-8-2010 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Has nothing to do with kissing any God's derriere. It has to do with righteousness. To make a choice is to either join in the debauchery or stand against it.

Sodom and Gomorah were not destroyed because of the debauchery, but because of those that did not stand against it. IMO.

It being a parable. My brother thinks I am wrong in my attitude that we have to stand against the sins of our people. He thinks we have to think of our own souls. But to me, I see this as a sin of pride. Go forth and sin no more. We have to follow Jesus's example IMO.

Be this a secular or a spiritual stance, we have to stand against the problems of the world, or we approve of it in our acquiescence.

By our very silence, we approve.

I looked into my heart and saw blackness. Until I look into other's hearts and saw light.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

So, seeings as you believe in God and Jesus, and the bible, let's not forget that, the of course you understand God gave His Only Son, to pay for the mistakes - all mistakes made on all parts.

So, taking this a step further based on what we've already established, the one more step to include is, in Jesus, there is no more need of the Old Testament.

Now there's a seemingly illogical argument. So you're saying that god gave up his only son as a human sacrifice to himself in order to right his prior wrongs of, oh, murdering millions of people. When all along he could have "righted the wrongs" to begin with and spared everyone a lot of misery, murdering, raping and pillaging. So now we can throw out the insultingly-titled "old testament", 10 commandments and all, and completely overlook the serial and mass murders. The whole Jesus thing then just looks like a really bad plot device.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Now, on the other hand, if you DO NOT believe in the bible, then why bother with the thread?

Unless of course you're trying your hand at playing both drums and trumpet on the ever so popular Bash the Christians Bandwagon.

Indeed. The old bandwagon where we "bash" some christians. Even though there's no "bashing" of christians in the OP.

So to you, we speak lovingly of the bible and only in the context of faith, otherwise you're "bashing". There is no other discussion allowed.

Sorry. Some of us has brains that aren't so rigidly polarized.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join