It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Deaths: How Many Did God Kill? How Many Did Satan Kill?

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

This is the christian god: He demands that we believe everything that he tells us, and that we do everything that he says without questioning:Baph-o-met wouldn't hurt a fly. “Destroy a tribe including the women, children and animals down to last one? (Joshua 6:21). No problem. Murder 5 kingdoms of people and keep 32,000 virgins girls “for yourselves?” (Numbers 31:7-35) Why of course. Uh…wait a minute, this doesn’t seem very moral or very nice.” “SILENCE FOOL. HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME. I AM GOD, ALL-KNOWING, INFALLIBLE, UNQUESTIONABLE, UN-UNDERSTANDABLE AND YOU MUST OBEY ME WITHOUT HESITATION. ACCEPT WHAT I SAY ON FAITH. BURN THOSE WHO DARE QUESTION MY WORD. DESTROY THEIR BOOKS. SHUT DOWN THEIR SCHOOLS. TELL THEM THAT DISOBEDIENCE MEANS THAT THEY WILL BURN FOREVER AND EVER, IN UNIMAGINABLE AGONY FOR ALL ETERNITY, AND REMEMBER THAT YOU WILL SUFFER THE SAME FATE UNLESS YOU GO OUT AND TELL THEM THIS. DON’T YOU DARE APPLY THE PART OF THE BIBLE WHERE IT SAYS “BY THEIR FRUITS SHALL YOU KNOW THEM” TO MY FRUITS AND OH, YEAH, TELL YOUR CHILDREN HOW MUCH I REALLY LOVE YOU ALL.” “Yes Sir, God Sir, whatever you say. See, here I am burning their books, pulling out their fingernails, torturing them for questioning Church dogma, banning the use of anesthetic in child-bearing (since the pain is their just punishment for the single sin of their long-dead ancestors, Adam and Eve), selling them into slavery, raping their wives, dashing their children against rocks…what did that child do to deserve this? Help! I thought an improper thought! Help me to blind my mind God, help me to not see what my reason tells me. Let me repress thoughts of natural sexual desire, doubts about you and your orders, feelings of tolerance or putting myself in my neighbor’s shoes. Let me follow no morality but that which you say is moral.” Now we ask you, who represents the greater evil?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Religion is the worlds biggest scam....

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
PEOPLE, you have been lied to for soo long.
Satan was NOT kicked out of this place called 'heaven' He left because He was so disgusted with jahovas atrocities. those biblers out there get over it... Satan or Lucifer is not the evil one. He does not lead people to sin. People lead themselves into sin, and because of this they blame Lucifer. Soon everything that they dont understand or know about becomes of Satan.
Lucifer means: the Shining one, the morning star, the Enlightening one, the Light-bearer.
When they say that it is His fault that we have to live how we do now, well get a reality check its not. jahova made people to be unquestioning, to be the "perfect slave".

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Great thread OP!

I can even argue the case for Satan (as the good guy), and I will soon start a thread on it...

in the meantime, I can't understand why Christians cannot see the fallacies of their 'loving, merciful' god.

Is murder love? Is torture? rape? kidnapping? lying?

Wow...

And they are so sure that they have the right guy pegged as the enemy......

I tell ya...when the facts don't match their belief system, they just ignore the facts.

edit on 16-9-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

You need to get your head out of your proverbial arse. There is no shame in pride, nor is there shame in expressing your own opinions. You might think of yourself as a "christian" but what you are saying is not.
It is you that needs to read the bible, its you that needs to advance your own mind so that you can actually reason. Who you are is not because of this 'jahova' character, he probably has never done anything for you. Seriously stop #ing trying to be all righteous because you are not.

Most of all stop em-barging on other peoples threads if you dont like what your reading, Satan/Lucifer is not evil, it is your own frigging "god" that wants to bring annihilation to mankind. But, i guess your IQ isn't high enough to see that.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

God is FAR from complete with all His killing. The great display of His killings will take place very soon. Jesus Christ Himself will ride in on a white horse and trample to death over 200 million UN "peace keeping" troops right out side Jerusalem. Revelation chapter 19...its a blast! This is called Holy and righteous in God's eyes, and in mine too! Amen.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Satan is responsible for the misery on this planet and we are suckers for believing his lies.

GE 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

GE 3:4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

The rest is history.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX
Satan is responsible for the misery on this planet and we are suckers for believing his lies.

GE 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

GE 3:4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

The rest is history.

What have you based this assumption on?

Satan wasn't even an evil character in the bible, to begin with.

In fact, he wanted humans to be enlightened (hence the name "Lucifer-bringer of light) and wanted us to escape the tyranny of the lord god. He wanted Eve to know that she wouldn't 'die' as lord god promised for being intelligent; he showed her that lord god was a liar and that she would be wise and like him and the other gods....

Satan was on our side.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Over time I've come across many threads that address seemingly contradictory information in the bible, but I have yet to see one raising what my first serious question about God and the bible. So just to inspire some thought and see how others answer this I would like to pose this question.

One thing agreed upon amongst Christians, Jews and Muslims and possibly others adhering to a belief system involving a deity is that the worship of that deity is essential to their faith.

So am I the only one who ever questioned what kind of God would create a whole race of beings for the primary purpose of receiving their adoration and worship, with the promise of some unknown but wonderful surprise waiting for use eventually to encourage us to worship him....Which could be likened to teaching a dog to do tricks by letting it know it will be reworded with a treat if they do.

That was the first hard question I had when it came to religion, why would one be driven adore and love a being that was so narcissistic.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think this means I think wayyy too much

Really...I am I really the only one?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

The rest is history.

In fact, he wanted humans to be enlightened (hence the name "Lucifer-bringer of light) and wanted us to escape the tyranny of the lord god. He wanted Eve to know that she wouldn't 'die' as lord god promised for being intelligent; he showed her that lord god was a liar and that she would be wise and like him and the other gods....

Satan was on our side.

He has got you wrapped around his little finger.

Eve did die, so tell me who lied again?

JN 8:43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Religion and church is all about power and creating guilt.

This is the reason why the people who wrote the bible...well....put in a mighty and angry God. Why is this surprising? Most in religion revolves about guilt/vengeance.

Ironically, i think this is actually far from what Jesus-guy taught, i don't think he would actually endorse how the bible turned out and he for sure would not endorse a power hungry and guilt creating "church" with an image of a God who "smites" people for all kinds of reasons.

I am not religious (thank God, ha..pun
) ... but Jesus was all about tolerance and forgiving as far as i know...whatever is in the bible was put in to manipulate people in order to control them, IMO.

edit on 18-9-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

LOL....that reminds me of Achmed (A c h flim) SILENCE.....I kill you.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

You are so lost.

"He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him."
Oh, and what was jahova? A lier, a murderer, an egomaniac, a bigamist, a hypocrite.
What did his followers do? They raped, murdered, sacrificed babies and animals, they plundered destroying whole cities in the name of this loving being "god".

"When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
No, that pretty much sums up jahova. For did he not create man in your bible? Did he not create everything in the world? You believe he did create everything so in that case jahova is the father of lies.

"Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!"
When christians get told they truth they dont believe it so where do you stand?

"Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?"
No one can prove you guilty of sin, but the only was you can repent is with a blood sacrifice, so says the bible.

"He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."
Good, i dont know who would want to be of your vile god, if only you could actually reason, and actually think by yourself, then you probably wouldnt believe in your low god yourself.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

The rest is history.

Satan was on our side.

He has got you wrapped around his little finger.

Eve did die, so tell me who lied again?

JN 8:43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

Uhh, yes Eve eventually died.

Was it due to her gaining knowledge? No. Nothing lasts forever. Not even the stars.

Remember Eve went on to procreate some? So who lied again?

On another note, Satan is the 'father' of humanity. It was him who made the statement, "Let US make mankind in OUR image, according to OUR likings." Here, he is talking to the other gods. It was his DNA that was involved in the genetic engineering between the gods(ET's) and the primates....

Satan is a term to mean 'enemy'. Satan was not his name. He was a god among a group of gods. The main 'god' of the bible is referred to as Lord God, while Satan is referred to as God.

('God' is a term that was used to describe the 'divine' (advanced ET) race that came to Earth and displayed advanced technology; ancient civilizations called these displays 'miracles' or 'blessing's)

(******This may be a lil' confusing; I'll be explaining later)

Satan began to feel sympathy for the human slaves (as he is the original 'father'). This explains why he wanted to enlighten us and incited the revolt against the tyrannous, murderous, psychopathic 'Lord God'.

This is what all the wars in the bible were about.......
edit on 18-9-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Sigh.... We've been here before haven't we?

Things like lots wife looking back is God killing? How so?
In many cases especially where there is what we view now as genocide, was to wipe out hybrid beings or beings that had more than there fair share of DNA that was .. well let's say "other worldly" for now.

Did you know that some of the races they wiped out were actually cannibals? They would use the regular humans the ones that didn't share there dna as a food source.

In modern times if a entire group of people rose up and started eating us all .. we would wipe them out today.

Face it again I tell you YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT.

FACE FRIGGIN PALM for your gross negligence in understanding! Double face palm because you have made up your mind and won't change it as is apparent from your 100's of posts against the bible and Christianity. Why don't you go pick on some other religion for a while so you feel superior with your ignorant assumptions.

Yea you heard me.
IGNORANT.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre
I think this means I think wayyy too much

Really...I am I really the only one?

No you are not......

The gods were not 'loving' at all, except Enlil ( he's called 'Satan' because satan means 'enemy', but he is also called 'Lucifer' because that means 'bringer of light')

Of course the egotistic, murderous, psychopathic Lord God refers to him as an 'enemy'; because he was on the humans' side.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Thats Enki

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by firegoggles

Sigh.... We've been here before haven't we?

Things like lots wife looking back is God killing? How so?
In many cases especially where there is what we view now as genocide, was to wipe out hybrid beings or beings that had more than there fair share of DNA that was .. well let's say "other worldly" for now.

Ummm. What?

Did you know that some of the races they wiped out were actually cannibals? They would use the regular humans the ones that didn't share there dna as a food source.

Uhhhh. What??

In modern times if a entire group of people rose up and started eating us all .. we would wipe them out today.

Ummmmmm..... okay.

Face it again I tell you YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT.

Did you tell me that a first time?

FACE FRIGGIN PALM for your gross negligence in understanding! Double face palm because you have made up your mind and won't change it as is apparent from your 100's of posts against the bible and Christianity. Why don't you go pick on some other religion for a while so you feel superior with your ignorant assumptions.

Yea you heard me.
IGNORANT.

How is it ignorant to....not ignore the number of people God is said to have killed in the bible?

You're talking loud but saying nothing.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

God is FAR from complete with all His killing. The great display of His killings will take place very soon. Jesus Christ Himself will ride in on a white horse and trample to death over 200 million UN "peace keeping" troops right out side Jerusalem. Revelation chapter 19...its a blast! This is called Holy and righteous in God's eyes, and in mine too! Amen.

If a mass murder of 200 million by your favorite deity is "holy and righteous", then both you and your deity are immoral stooges and neither of you are able recognize any form of righteousness.

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49 >>

join