It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Deaths: How Many Did God Kill? How Many Did Satan Kill?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
All you do is dis God with pre digested pablum. Bring something original from yourself.
God will bring you into the gutter because of your pride, then when you hit rock bottom you'll figure out that your not so high and mighty.

Can you make a single post without using the word "pablum"? As I said before, I wrote the post. Maybe it's a topic you've seen somewhere else and maybe I found some other sites for source material but it's an original post.

I am not "dissing god". I simply bring forth material present in the biblical holy book for discussion.

Lastly, stop with the preaching, please. Either discuss the topic or leave the thread. I have no interest in god threats from religion enthusiasts.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Can you make a single post without using the word "pablum"? As I said before, I wrote the post. Maybe it's a topic you've seen somewhere else and maybe I found some other sites for source material but it's an original post.

I am not "dissing god". I simply bring forth material present in the biblical holy book for discussion.

Lastly, stop with the preaching, please. Either discuss the topic or leave the thread. I have no interest in god threats from religion enthusiasts.

Good bye. But when I see another one of your threads that misrepresents God and the Bible taken out of context, you'll know I'll be posting again to you.
You'll thank me for preaching to you.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Funny reply that. Even though i can. And this is why. If satan hadn't lead eve astray there wouldn't have been a reason for all the murders, you people seem to care so much about. Why are people blind to acknowledge satan's failure ? I guess its easier to believe in the sin then it is YHWH.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

He created, he can destroy- end of story.

This is stupid.

Human parents create their children but that doesn't mean they should have permission to murder them. The God of the Bible repeatedly sends the Israelites out to commit genocide even specifying that they are to leave none alive, including children.

reply to post by faceoff85

if you want to stick to whats written in the bible, Satan is the SOLE reason we are not perfect human beings without knwoing death or war or ilness.

Umm... no.

The Bible says no such thing.

The idea that the serpent in the Garden was actually Satan in disguise came much much MUCH later and isn't even implied in Genesis (let alone explicitly stated).

Besides, let's not blame Satan for God's bad parenting skills when it came to Adam and Eve

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Truth of the matter is that TD believes that it's a tie.

God - 0
Satan - 0

Well, what I believe and what's written in the bible are entirely separate things. I'm sticking strictly to what was written for now

Why? There's absolutely no fibre of your being that believes it's anything other than a work of fiction, so what's the point? You toss this stuff out in an attempt to do what? Analyze the writers of the OT to determine whether they hated their fathers? To try and understand the Jewish nation of the time that apparently needed to view God as angry?

There's no believer who will waver at seeing this, so about the only positive you'll get is a few rah-rahs and pats on the back from people who believe the same thing as you. Otherwise, it's all negativity and serves no purpose. Does the world need more negativity?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
One more thing I'd like to point out other than the other sheer coincidences going on in relation to the Bible. Revelations in particular. Yet here we are still in denial.
Iceland volcano
Oil rig and spill
Here we are today with everything else that's going on riding through a meteor shower. Apparently up to 70 per hour? Yet apparently we won't be in the firing line? How does that work exactly? Because the next is a large star burning like a torch,
The name of the star is bitterness? Or could it be regarding a conflict where the weapons used to get the same effect.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher

Exactly. If you dont like that, then let that be proof to you that a "God" doesn't exist.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by prophecywatcher

This is stupid.
Human parents create their children but that doesn't mean they should have permission to murder them.

Titen, no this is not stupid. We are entertaining the notion of a "God". A God is more powerful than a human. Its not a "human" God destroying other humans here. Again, let this be proof to those that a God doesn't exist.

[edit on 8/13/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

[edit on 8/13/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

A God is more powerful than a human.

And what was it that I learned from all those spider-man comics and cartoons and movies...

Oh yeah...

With great power comes great responsibility. So with All-Power, comes all-responsibility.

The God of the Bible is meant to be:

Loving
Merciful
Just
and Righteous

What is just and righteous about breaking his own commandments in order to kill children? Absolutely NOTHING.

You fail.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intuitiveaptitude2009

Funny reply that. Even though i can. And this is why. If satan hadn't lead eve astray there wouldn't have been a reason for all the murders, you people seem to care so much about. Why are people blind to acknowledge satan's failure ? I guess its easier to believe in the sin then it is YHWH.

Sorry, but that's a stretch in a huge way. Of the murders listed in the OP please demonstrate how they're directly attributable to satan leading Eve astray. They're mostly traceable to a direct cause of someone doing something that simply ticked god off. Sorry, but your argument, though philosophically interesting, has little merit.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

No. I dont fail. I still stand by my original statements.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Now you're simply getting into philosophical speculation. Such a claim is not backed by the source material (the bible). And even if we assume you're correct satan would only be a passive influence at best, not an active murderer in the way that god is depicted. And it is NOT "safe to say that even God killing those people were as a direct result of Satan's initial actions".

So what about the nephilims talked about in the old testament. Those story's in essence told of a time when God did indeed give Satan free reigns.
In the end he swiped the flood over earth and wiped the whole lot out. He also restricted Satans ability to mingle with humans. Hence why Satan is indeed playing behind the screen...

Just saying thats how the bible tells it.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher

Good job he's the God of Love and Compassion, otherwise he'd be REALLY easily offended. Turned someone into a pillar of salt for turning around? Killed people for dancing around a golden statue? Yikes.

Give me a break. The bible is so hypocritical in so many different areas I don't have enough room in 6500 characters to discuss.

The first book of the Bible (Genesis) has so many inconsistencies that don't make sense, and the rest of the bible follows suit. They also say that the Bible is the Word of God, but the council of Mycenae decided which books to include and exclude. What gives MAN the right to decide which WORDS OF GOD to exclude from GOD's BOOK?

There was some Christian wing nut on Anderson cooper the other night, who claimed that Jesus Christ is God and that he will return soon and smite all Muslims. Doesn't he know his own religion, that celebrates Jesus Christ as the SON OF GOD?

This is why I'm a theocrat.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Why? There's absolutely no fibre of your being that believes it's anything other than a work of fiction, so what's the point? You toss this stuff out in an attempt to do what? Analyze the writers of the OT to determine whether they hated their fathers? To try and understand the Jewish nation of the time that apparently needed to view God as angry?

There's no believer who will waver at seeing this, so about the only positive you'll get is a few rah-rahs and pats on the back from people who believe the same thing as you. Otherwise, it's all negativity and serves no purpose. Does the world need more negativity?

What's negative about doing a little bible review? I thought this was a common Sunday experience for many people. I'm just serving up something a bit different than you'll get from the typical pastor.

With a book that's taken so seriously - literally by some - why do you consider it inappropriate to discuss a serious topic taken from the literature? Is it because it conflicts with a pre-existing viewpoint you had about your god? Is it because it places you face to face with some uncomfortable realities? It's in the book and is a worthy point of religious discussion no matter how uncomfortable you may find these facts.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
One more thing I'd like to point out other than the other sheer coincidences going on in relation to the Bible. Revelations in particular. Yet here we are still in denial.
Iceland volcano
Oil rig and spill
Here we are today with everything else that's going on riding through a meteor shower. Apparently up to 70 per hour? Yet apparently we won't be in the firing line? How does that work exactly? Because the next is a large star burning like a torch,
The name of the star is bitterness? Or could it be regarding a conflict where the weapons used to get the same effect.

You can retrofit and shoehorn ANY event into the so-called "prophecies".

Yes, we are in a meteor shower. We are in the "firing line", though most meteoroids are destroyed by the atmosphere.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
There was some Christian wing nut on Anderson cooper the other night, who claimed that Jesus Christ is God and that he will return soon and smite all Muslims. Doesn't he know his own religion, that celebrates Jesus Christ as the SON OF GOD?

What's your complaint there? That he thinks Jesus is God? If he's a Christian, of course he believes that Jesus is God. It's kinda required.

This is why I'm a theocrat.

I'm guessing you either mean something else, or you don't know what the word "theocrat" means.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85

So what about the nephilims talked about in the old testament. Those story's in essence told of a time when God did indeed give Satan free reigns.
In the end he swiped the flood over earth and wiped the whole lot out. He also restricted Satans ability to mingle with humans. Hence why Satan is indeed playing behind the screen...

Just saying thats how the bible tells it.

Okay... and so what? How does this shift responsibility of god's own murderous actions off on satan?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Look. Sin wouldn't have existed if satan hadn't tempted eve. That is what i'm saying. We would have been in perfect harmony. Genesis came first. Satan tempted eve FIRST and the in turn lead to the birth of sin. The world was in perfect harmony before satan had tempted eve. Thats obvious from genesis. After the temptation ? Well its obvious.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
The God of the Bible repeatedly sends the Israelites out to commit genocide even specifying that they are to leave none alive, including children.

True enough. Not only does god DIRECTLY murder, he ORDERS it, SANCTIONS it and gives specific INSTRUCTIONS on who and how to kill.

This is after the commandment to not kill. And never mind all the killing anyway because he loves you.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intuitiveaptitude2009

Look. Sin wouldn't have existed if satan hadn't tempted eve. That is what i'm saying. We would have been in perfect harmony. Genesis came first. Satan tempted eve FIRST and the in turn lead to the birth of sin. The world was in perfect harmony before satan had tempted eve. Thats obvious from genesis. After the temptation ? Well its obvious.

So what? That's not the reason for god's murders. In fact, in the instances he does kill it's for specific reasons and none of them are sourced to the temptation of Eve.

And theoretically if we're going to postulate such a philosophy there would have to have been post-temptation harmony otherwise he'd simply kill everybody to restore balance. But he didn't. He simply killed people capriciously for a variety of personal reasons.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join