It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Deaths: How Many Did God Kill? How Many Did Satan Kill?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Meh, everything must come to an end, including our lives. If you're trying to conduct a genetic experiment on bacteria in a Petri dish, you're going to be killing off a bunch, and I'm sure you don't care about their individual lives. If there's a God I doubt our individual lives matter much to him.

Now what would make God evil is an existence of an eternal hell that he allows.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IandEye
Reply to post by traditionaldrummer

who are you to 'excuse' god? the universe is a very violent and deadly place. the modern views of civilization are incongruent with natural reality. not that it stops them from trying to control it.

I did not excuse god. What are you talking about?

it is very dangerous to think the world should be like you see it in your head- you should be aware of the way it really is and adapt to it.

Really? What is the world the way I see it and why do you think I believe the world should be that way? What gives you the impression I'm unaware and unadapted to the way the world actually is?

[edit on 13-8-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ita true that God destroyed/killed many people in the bible in contrast to the killings of Satan. But what is overlooked is the motivation, story behind it.

And in the end there is "MUCH more blood on the hands of Satan compared to YHWH". At the end of the day, if you want to stick to whats written in the bible, Satan is the SOLE reason we are not perfect human beings without knwoing death or war or ilness. Its safe to say that even God killing those people were as a direct result of Satan's initial actions. He is a master-manipulator, not without reason being called the angel of light.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

How many people did God kill in the bible?

The loving and merciful god of the bible left a fair amount of documentation about how many people he personally killed.

Oh great. Another post misrepresenting God again!!! And as always it's out of context. The same pre-digested pablum comes out again and again and again.

How was god misrepresented?

This is sourced directly to the bible, alleged to be god's book. Or we're you referring to my sarcastic reference to god being loving and merciful?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

How so? Because God is God. Y'know, the dude who is ultimately responsible for everything on earth? By who's whim the universe is in existence? Y'know, standard God stuff.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
And in the end there is "MUCH more blood on the hands of Satan compared to YHWH". At the end of the day, if you want to stick to whats written in the bible, Satan is the SOLE reason we are not perfect human beings without knwoing death or war or ilness. Its safe to say that even God killing those people were as a direct result of Satan's initial actions. He is a master-manipulator, not without reason being called the angel of light.

Now you're simply getting into philosophical speculation. Such a claim is not backed by the source material (the bible). And even if we assume you're correct satan would only be a passive influence at best, not an active murderer in the way that god is depicted. And it is NOT "safe to say that even God killing those people were as a direct result of Satan's initial actions".

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

How many people did God kill in the bible?

The loving and merciful god of the bible left a fair amount of documentation about how many people he personally killed.

Oh great. Another post misrepresenting God again!!! And as always it's out of context. The same pre-digested pablum comes out again and again and again.

How was god misrepresented?

This is sourced directly to the bible, alleged to be god's book. Or we're you referring to my sarcastic reference to god being loving and merciful?

If you would read the Bible for yourself in context you'd figure it out instead of processing others people info AGAIN!!! It's the same old soap opera from you. Someday you'll be in a life and death situation and God will help you.

[edit on 8/13/2010 by texastig]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

How so? Because God is God. Y'know, the dude who is ultimately responsible for everything on earth? By who's whim the universe is in existence? Y'know, standard God stuff.

So he's responsible for natural and accidental deaths just by merit of the fact that he's the head honcho? Okay, I'll go with that.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If you would read the Bible for yourself in context you'd figure it out instead of processing others people info AGAIN!!!.

It would be a lot better if you answered my question instead of instructing me to go read the bible. That way I can understand your objections. I'm fairly certain the bible won't tell me that.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

It's the same old soap opera from you. Someday you'll be in a life and death situation and God will help you.

What soap opera? You mean how I point out things in the bible from time to time? I'm sorry if you don't like it. You can always not visit the thread.

And what's this about god helping me in a life and death situation? Why not just help me now?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Being that the bible was written by men I have no idea how many God killed or Satan or even if the two exists. I find it strange that we are suppose to believe in and worship one that man has said is so evil in killing. I will stay with my belief of a creator and know that my heart tells me what is good and what is evil. I am not sure that we are suppose to know anything beyond that - perhaps after we die.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

If you would read the Bible for yourself in context you'd figure it out instead of processing others people info AGAIN!!!.

It would be a lot better if you answered my question instead of instructing me to go read the bible. That way I can understand your objections. I'm fairly certain the bible won't tell me that.

Why do you keep posting other peoples pre-digested pablum?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Regarding your last post:

Why would it not be safe ? If satan was the creator of sin. As it states in the bible. Have you ever thought. What if satan hadn't manipulated eve ? Or i guess in your eyes, maybe not right ?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Why do you keep posting other peoples pre-digested pablum?

Actually I wrote the post myself. I referenced some source material which is clearly different than my post, though I did copy the portion with biblical references. Sorry, but plagiarism this is not...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Truth of the matter is that TD believes that it's a tie.

God - 0
Satan - 0

I wish I held the copyright on the Old Testament so that I'd get a nickel for every time you guys trot this stuff out to try and make a point :-)

If, on the other hand, you want to tally up the number of people killed by tyrannical governments in the past hundred years, that might make for a more interesting discussion, eh? And maybe a little more relevant?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

It's the same old soap opera from you. Someday you'll be in a life and death situation and God will help you.

What soap opera? You mean how I point out things in the bible from time to time? I'm sorry if you don't like it. You can always not visit the thread.

And what's this about god helping me in a life and death situation? Why not just help me now?

All you do is dis God with pre digested pablum. Bring something original from yourself.
God will bring you into the gutter because of your pride, then when you hit rock bottom you'll figure out that your not so high and mighty.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Actually I wrote the post myself. I referenced some source material which is clearly different than my post, though I did copy the portion with biblical references. Sorry, but plagiarism this is not...

Yes, you wrote the post. You referenced other peoples stuff but why can't you do something original without pre digested pablum?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intuitiveaptitude2009

Regarding your last post:

Why would it not be safe ? If satan was the creator of sin. As it states in the bible. Have you ever thought. What if satan hadn't manipulated eve ? Or i guess in your eyes, maybe not right ?

Many of the deaths attributed to god in the bible have nothing to do with satan's direct influence on man. Though it is a nice try to attribute all of god's murders to satan, it doesn't quite fly.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Truth of the matter is that TD believes that it's a tie.

God - 0
Satan - 0

Well, what I believe and what's written in the bible are entirely separate things. I'm sticking strictly to what was written for now

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Was going to start a thread but its the same topic really.
3 shepherds arrested for arson in spain?
Other than the obvious why would a shepherd torch the food of his livestock?
But hey 3 shepherds? Very biblical.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join