It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Deaths: How Many Did God Kill? How Many Did Satan Kill?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Many thanks for pointing out the obvious...the serpent in the garden told Eve that "ye will be as gods", and then what does Jesus tell folks in the temple but they are all gods? DUH! The god of the old testament was the Demiurge.. a false and pretending being that could only form from matter.. Jesus was from the TRUE GOD, the Source, the Light, that from which Pitis Sophia emerges. Hence, the difference. Of course the mad, jealous god of the old books killed, he was a being of fear and blood. For that matter, he still is. Look at the battles and death going on today in the false gods name.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
How about you read the whole book instead of quoting the points the make your argument valid? God doesn't just kill for any reason. He is a just God, the keyword being just. When God chooses to investigate Sodom and Gomorrah Abraham ask him if he will spare the city if there are 50 righteous men that number is changed to 10 at the end of the agreement. Just 10 righteous men . God agrees on behalf of the righteous. But 10 righteous men could not be found in the whole city. The cities were abomonations The angels upon saving Lot and his family warn them specificly not to look back. Lot's wife looks back in defiance, the term looked can mean went or returned also. She longed for the life of the flesh and therefore died with the rest of the sinners.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by marsvoltafan74

I would just like to respond very quickly.

Why did God try to negotiate Abraham at all if he already knew there were not enough righteous men in the city in the first place? Why did God even allow them to come into existence if he knew they were all going to die and go to Hell?

If he was trying to teach a lesson, why couldn't it be in the form of a fictional fable?

And what of all the mothers and children in the cities that God commanded his followers to kill?

Kind regards

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

oh, titan-s.....+He was killing off the nephilem breed.....aliens mixing

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Will anyone answer to the fact that these deaths include those done by man with authority from God? That basically like blaming the army when a corrupt recruit takes a rifle and threatens a bank with it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Will anyone answer to the fact that these deaths include those done by man with authority from God? That basically like blaming the army when a corrupt recruit takes a rifle and threatens a bank with it.

That has been addressed. How though does that make it any better? God kills them, others kill them for god. The common denominator? Killing.

How many did god kill personally? How many in the authority of god? Work out the numbers. How many are morally justified either way?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Well considering I don't believe in morals, I could hardly care.

The fact remains barbarians do not deserve the same as civilized people. God behaves accordingly.

I see no problem with dealing with people accordingly.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The fact remains barbarians do not deserve the same as civilized people. God behaves accordingly.

I see no problem with dealing with people accordingly.

Death means nothing to you?

You are reprehensible.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

No. Morals do not matter. Death does.

Don't twist it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

don't you contradict yourself? barbarians not deserving the same as civilized people, implies it would be morally wrong to treat both groups the same

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I don't get your point. Life isn't about this life, it's about the next. What your personally trying to deny!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Hi all,

I'm just appealling to everybody to keep it in topic. OP says how many in the bible and not out of it.

Written word is the topic here, not movies about the subject at hand - like COnstantine

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Thank the signers of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution for Separation of Church & State in this Nation

as some think a Hebrew God and his Demigods the Messengers (Angels)
are the Only God and Higher Beings(Angels) in existence

as there is more different religion that makes up America beside the Abraham Based Religion that was Brought by Different Culture's & Races

Yes They will Argue that this Nation Started with the Jesus the Cosmic Zombie & YHWH the Burning Bush fromThe Shaking Fist of Quakers Puritans

Quotes by Famous American Leaders Freedom of religion!
www.americainprophecy.com...

the Forefathers knew that a Fundamentalist Church Should Not Control this Nation of Freedom if it DID i would say we would still look similar to the 17th century Quakerism Life Style Because of Fear ! of Technology as a would be Underground inventor created a Battery Operated Flashlight shine in their Faces would of been the Work of the Devil... as they would not understand

just as witchcraft The witches that worship Nature that could go either way Good Or Bad as they were put to Death if they Healed the Sick and they the Church would do so if they were unable explain it even tho the Witches might have known the Formula antidote of Herbs and Chemical makeup plants for a Cure.. Was Galileoextremely punished for his Theory ? by the Church ? for saying the Sun is the center and not the Earth ..

Is there any Other Religion besides Christianity that Killed the MOST For sake of Control or A forceful Convert ? one Nation was to the Extreme
Spain ! the Spanish Inquisition !!! 2nd Would be to me would Be France
in America the forceful Missionary's (Black Robe)

Isn't this Nation Called America one of the First Nations to Separate Church and State

and to Add... Christianity and Paganism to Me is the Same as the Angels Represents Virtues and Attributes just like the World of Paganism Demigods

These are the Same People that don't believe in Hybrid Human Aliens (Angels) Nephilim even tho the Bible the Book of GENESIS says so

Chapter 6
Genesis, chapter 6

1: When men began to multiply on the face of the ground, and daughters were born to them,
2: the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair; and they took to wife such of them as they chose.
3: Then the LORD said, "My spirit shall not abide in man for ever, for he is flesh, but his days shall be a hundred and twenty years."
4: The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.
5: The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6: And the LORD was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.
7: So the LORD said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the ground, man and beast and creeping things and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them."
Source Bible KJV
What ? Im Confused
Second thoughts? Feeling Sorry ? God had a Heart then Annihilates them all except for a few and a Giant named OG in the Jewish Talmund ?

Jim Jones did the Same thing I think with Kool Aid and Cyanide
ok someone in this group killed a Congress Man we need to all die! here take this Kool Aid and give it to your children ! then yourself Jimmy Couldn't Created a Flood tho over 900 People Died of a Lemming like Sacrifice Suicide all beacuse of a Congress man and Reporters & film crew were murderd
all for one one for all ! power of Manipulation of Christianity at its best

as this Verse Clearly Show Man(Human) is not only his Favorite Creation!
what was the Other ? Angels Nephilim >?

Sons of God well their not Man Right? then Who Angels ?

1: When men began to multiply on the face of the ground, and daughters were born to them,
2: the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair; and they took to wife such of them as they chose.

Names of God's & Goddesses with Virtues
www.lowchensaustralia.com...
Jesus Demigod ?
www.think-aboutit.com...

OK my view of Christianity that looks like a Myth
Most people believe that a cosmic Jewish Zombie(Jesus) who was his own father (YHWH Burning Bush)
can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh(Symbolic Cannibalism) and telepathically(Prayers) tell him you accept him as your master,(worship Only Him)
so he can remove an evil force (satanism Influence) from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman(EVE) was convinced by a talking snake(Lucifer(Fallen Angel AKA Satan or Reptilian) to eat from a magical tree. (Tree of Life or Knowledge)

Personally i think there all the Same one God from Annu Ra to Zeus and their sons the Hybrid Demigods Horus Hercules Perseus Thor are the same Higher Beings Different names from different cultures all basically the same Attributes and virtues a Brief Gabriel - Annubis Thanatos Lucifer Set Hades
I wont get in to the Christianity & Egyptian Connection AMEN

Everyone Has a Right for their Beliefs in Religion in American it states SO
in the Constitution
if this was a Nation Controlled by the Church we would not have that right

AMEN
www.seiyaku.com...
Meaning of the word AMEN (ATS)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Interesting arguments, however how many deaths God or Satan has directly contributed in, it is very minor to the deaths humanity is responsible for. Who or whatever you believe is responsible for creation; the one undeniable gift they gave to humanity is free will. And only a very short glimpse at the history of humanity, a sane mind can quickly determine humanity is responsible for the overwhelmingly vast majority of murder, killing, and the persecution of the weak. I think we in the present somehow get confused in thinking we are somehow socially an advanced culture. Future historians will undoubtedly look back upon our generation with descriptives which will defer us as one of the most barbaric, unethical, and un-moralistic societies.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by AmosGraber]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Village Idiot

So by your logic, I have every right to kill my Kids..... after all, I created them right?

you didn't create your kids... all you did was have sex... and even the sex you didn't create

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Not really. It implies People whoa act like animals should be treated like how they act. There's no morals in that. Just common sense. To what is given is what is received.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Not really. It implies People whoa act like animals should be treated like how they act. There's no morals in that. Just common sense. To what is given is what is received.

Then the standards for ethical behavior are always established by the lowest common denominator. That gives others license to rape the rapist and abuse the abuser. ...sounds like a bad formula to me

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

And to me it's not moral to kill simply because you can and simply because you wield more power.

But in many systems of morality, I get carte blanche merely by adding to your list "and thy victim shall not be of thy own species."

There are PETA folk, of course, and all that. Then, again, I suspect PETA folk would take out a wasps' nest on their front porch. Or, treat their child's ear infection with antibiotics.

Things get interesting when it's human on human. But neither God nor Satan is human. They seem a lot closer to being the same species as each other than we are to them.

I notice they don't kill each other.

And I don't think it's okay simply because he has those attributes.

So, what about me?

I really enjoy walking in the forest, and I sometimes do trail maintenance. Even though I love the plants and trees (they are why I am there, after all), I've killed plenty of them, for no other reason than doing so makes straight my path. Or a plant has not done my will. Or has fallen.

Is there some moral issue in that?

There is a parasitic, non-native vine that kills trees. I am especially tough on any of those vines that I come across. Am I hypocritical because I favor my chosen plants over other, equally vegetable, plants?

On what basis do I decide what "parasitic" means, or that "non-native" status justifies killing?

The basis isn't morality, that's for sure. Morality hardly comes up in what are not merely interspecific, but rather interkingdom relations.

And the constellation of facts that imply that I can enforce my will on plants are the same facts as imply that I am not a plant. They are one and the same. It is barely possible to distinguish between my capacity to behave as I do towards plants, and the lack of any moral impediment to my doing so.

I can ~ I am an animal ~ I am not a plant

God and Satan are not even biological beings, if we accept the thread's premise that the Bible's fact statements are to be accepted arguendo. So, spirit-beings' activities are not subject to carnal moral scrutiny. They transcend human moralizing, just as my activities transcend whatever vegetables do in response to their environment.

God can ~ God is a spirit-being ~ God is not a human being

[edit on 15-8-2010 by eight bits]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

No. You go by common sense. Rape is wrong. Two wrongs do not make a right.

If someone cannot be stopped from raping and pillaging, he must be killed or jailed. God chose death for some, and imprisonment for others. Like Egypt, which was effectively imprisoned by nature.

Rape is an act designed for revenge. Revenge is wrong. Killing a man who cannot be stopped from killing is a preventative act. It has no revenge. If a man cannot learn not to kill and has been given time to try and learn in prison, it is perfectly reasonable to kill that man to prevent his actions onto others.

Throughout the moral bulls*&t and ethical nonsense and return to simple common sense:

Man kills. Arrest man. If man was justified, document and release. If man was not justified, peer review and trial. Man is found not guilty based on evidence, document and release. Man is judged guilty based on evidence. Just punishment based on evidence. If man was an animal and is disturbed, treat like an animal. If man lost emotional control, give time to think about his actions in prison and teach how to control emotions, etc etc. Man commits murder again. Take into effect the previous case and look at current data. Treat properly

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, so revenge is wrong. A man plucks out eyes for anger, then you must pluck out his eyes or kill him so he can no longer do his crime. This is not revenge. This is proper response.

I mean, you are acting as if the basic rights of man were not written. These are basic concepts over 200 years old. WTF is wrong with you? Do you have no common sense?

Morals are self defined and not set in stone. Logic is.

God, thus far from what I can see, is very logical in how he treats people and in his plans for mankind.

See man making tower and acting cocky, worried how they will act when they are more advanced. Split them up and make them difference so that they have to deal with their differences and become more accepting. See city acting badly. And no, Sodom and Gomorrah did not only have gays. That's hardly a reason to destroy a place. They were dicks, more or less, to everyone around them. God gets good people out and destroys them for acting like dictators.

It's reasonable.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits
So, spirit-beings' activities are not subject to carnal moral scrutiny. They transcend human moralizing, just as my activities transcend whatever vegetables do in response to their environment.

God can ~ God is a spirit-being ~ God is not a human being

I would disagree. I most certainly make moral judgments about the actions of "spirit beings" and don't need to excuse their alleged actions on their differences from humans. In the case of the bible the killings were done by a god making very human-like emotional decisions: killing out of jealousy, rage, offense, etc.

God's personal killing aside, in at least one particular case god had instructed people to kill all the males and keep the women and virgins for themselves. This is not something to be excused on the basis of god's nature as a "spirit being". It's god directly authorizing humans to kill and presumably rape other humans. I am fully within reason to judge the morality and actions of such a being.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join