It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSPaM Community "Bible" Project -- Contributors Wanted -- Details inside

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
SolarE-Souljah started a thread called "Co-op Mode: Collaboration and Working Together," and this is the collaborative effort we came up with.

Something like this...

We'll start another thread, present the guidelines, and let people post their own contribution to the ATSPaM (ATS Philosophy and Metaphysics) "Bible."

The main character's name, that everything happens to, could be something like Adam Trascedere Studere. (Get the idea?) (Adam = archetypal man, trascedere = Latin root for "transcend," studere = Latin root for "student"... hey if you can make it more subtle and sound like an actual name give it a go
)

He can travel many places, depending on the settings deemed appropriate by the writers themselves.

It can be any point during his life. We should only pay attention to others and make clear certain details (like his mother's name) if someone wants to write about that, and then someone else wants to also write about the same thing later. Unless we are comfortable giving two varying names to his mother, and never bothering to explain. It's not like the Bible itself had no such instances of apparent contradictions after all.

The writing style can also vary. The point of view, 1st person, 2nd, 3rd, etc., could also change. Creativity is obviously never a bad thing! And I like mosaics.

After all the stories are collected, I can take them and put them in as close to chronological order as I am able, and write an introduction to it, to give a fore-taste of the whole scope of tales to follow.

So it would end up something like this:

The Great ATSPaM Bible
by Contributors from the ATSPaM Community

Introduction
Tale by Member A
Tale by Member B
Tale by Member C
Tale by Member D
Tale by Member E
Tale by Member F
Tale by Member G
Tale by Member H

Some key "structural" points of any life we might want to cover:

The character's birth
His childhood experiences
The character's symbolic passage from childhood to manhood
His experiences as a young man
His discoveries of True Self
Sacrifices he makes during his life
His days as an old man
His death

Some stories we can only do one each obviously.. like birth and death.

In general it would be nice to maintain a consistency of tone and personality as well, that can probably be achieved by making the character have very little dialogue himself, just basic exchanges, and letting the action tell most of the story.

So that's the idea....

Now I want to see how many people are interested in contributing to this, and how soon people can start posting stories.

Feel free to start posting here in this thread if you want...

We'll discuss it more as we go along and collect more and more material to present with it.

Thank you and please contribute!!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
One more thing....

If you have something in mind that might only happen once in a lifetime, like his physical birth or death, let everyone else know you're working on that so we can try to avoid 2 or 3 different people posting different stories for the same event and then having to decide how to handle that.

I guess that's it...

I'm going to start brainstorming on a tale from the middle of his life somewhere... I'll be back later.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AquariusDescending

If you are going to put together an archetype of a religious compendium, you might as well let people tell the same story (birth and death, etc) from their own points of view. How many variations of the jesus birth have there been, for example. Not all made it into the offical bible, of course, but I am sure you will have some quality editing in place for this bible as well, yeah?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Good point. Plus, shouldn't this be wrote in some sort of a chronological order so it makes sense? Like say people first write about his/her birth and then you compile the commonalities between their stories together into one that makes sense. Then you post that, so others can read it and they can move on to write about the next stage of his/her life?

Good idea either way.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
If you are going to put together an archetype of a religious compendium, you might as well let people tell the same story (birth and death, etc) from their own points of view.

There could be stories of other births and/or deaths within a story that takes place in the middle of the main characters' life. I would love to see all sorts of different philosophies and religions represented, and I think we can embed them that way, and it would be more interesting.

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
Plus, shouldn't this be wrote in some sort of a chronological order so it makes sense?

Not necessarily. If each story is a discrete event in the person's life, we just wouldn't make mention of any of the other stories unless someone happened to have already posted one and we take things from it. I don't see why we couldn't do that.

Just if you can think of something that would symbolize your own views and weave it into the tapestry here, I say it doesn't matter what you tackle as long as you just post something!!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I can already post these details about the story I'm going to write about "Adam" if that's the name we all go with. (Still waiting for more members' input about the details above!!)

The story I'm going to write about this guy is going to take place in his middle age when the increasing role of technology in society impresses itself upon him, and he experiences some vision or actual event that demonstrates how the sense of separation between people scattered across the world is quickly diminishing for the first time in recorded history, and foreshadowing the consequences and responsibilities that must be considered of such a thing.

So take from that what cues you can, at least that my story is going to take place in modern times...

But still, just post what you want or can, we'll talk about how it will all fit together.

Eventually someone will come along and join us and take another degree of responsibility here besides asking critical questions of the idea. Come on, haven't you ever had the idea to write your own Bible? Well it takes more than one person you know, and no not even God.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
E-pup always knew he was different. Every since he was a kid, he would look up to the stars and ask, "what am I?"

As the years passed, transcendental experiences slowly unfolded, and he discovered his true self.

Then he wen save da world.

The End.

-Sol

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am going to work on a book of proverbs,

The Tao of Self

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Excellent!

Come to think of it, we should have Psalms and maybe some Revelations too.

new topics

top topics

join