It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dodge has PETA's number

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
buzz.yahoo.com...

Auto company Dodge recently found itself in PETA's crosshairs after the carmaker aired a commercial starring a monkey dressed up like Evel Knievel. But, unlike many who draw the ire of PETA, Dodge fought back in a most amusing way.

This is what I call funny. PETA is angry that Dodge dressed up a monkey; then had the monkey set off a small explosion of confetti. The monkey even seemed to enjoy being on camera. What are your thoughts on this guys?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

That was brilliant.... "Oh wait, here comes an invisible monkey"

Thanks for posting, made my day

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

That monkey is awesome. Do you remember the various movies featuring monkeys?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Whats really odd about PETA is they themselves kill thousands of animals a year. They take in unwanted animals and put them on this huge farm. Every year they select tons of animals that they cannot afford to keep fed and healthy and kill them.

They have publicly admitted this and say they have to do it because when they cannot find homes for the animals they cannot afford to keep them themselves.

Peta talks out of both sides of their arsholes. PETA = Evil.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Actually I have been half-waiting for the news to pick this story up. I happened to love the "Oh wait here comes a monkey" commercial and was thoroughly confused when it changed to be an invisible monkey.

I'm wise enough, these days, to know that it meant somebody complained but couldn't, for the life of me figure out who or why. PETA did cross my mind but my thought was "Surely it isn't abusive to simply dress up a monkey as Elvis, is it?"

Guess some PETA folks didn't see it the same way. Maybe it was the confetti cannons that they took issue with.

All things considered, if an organization is going to get offended by jump suits and confetti cannons, isn't GLAAD a better option than PETA?

[edit on 8/13/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Haha!!! That was great. Pita lost it's way. They believe NO animals should be pets, and that they are better of dead that being domesticated. Sick./

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

PETA shoots itself in the foot by being so philosophically pure - they do alot of good work, but the headlines always choose to report the "less important" issues that they make alot of fuss about. Monkeys should be with other monkeys in a jungle, not getting dressed up and used by corporations. The problem is the media doesn't report on their more important campaigns, so they have to use "publicity stunts" to remain the the public-consciousness.

They are important.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Can you describe to me what is "Philosophically pure"?
I never heard anyone say this before.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
THIS is why I cannot stand and will not take PETA seriously, in any way. Sanctimonious B.S. campaigns like this "Human Meat" stunt. PETA alienates the people by their choices, helped by the media, but the fault lies with PETA and the insanity they continue to spew...

[edit on 13-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I just mean, taking everything so dogmatically literal - not necessarily a bad thing, but in terms of gaining mainstream acceptance it doesn't help them in their cause.

Going after cosmetic corporations who test on animals = GOOD
Going after a school for keeping a hamster in a cage = BAD
Going after people who wear fur of endangered animals = GOOD
Equating dog owners with the KKK = BAD

Thats what I meant, they can come across as a bit extremist... But it takes a vanguard to enact change in todays day and age.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Great, as long as they don't rip your face off.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Actually, I thought the PETA ad was funny.

Why? Well to put it simple women have fought for a long time to not be viewed as a piece of meat by men. Then what do the PETA people deliver? A naked woman viewed as a piece of meat literally.

PETA sure is taking things to a grand new future. Now if we could just get the women’s rights people to view this…..

Raist

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Now, that would be entertaining. A throw-down between the PETA crazies and the uber-Feminists. Lol.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Jay and silent bob strikes back was one I can remember.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
if I was a dog and I had to choose between living in the wild or living in a home with free food. I would choose a home. it is not safe in the wilds for any animal. mankind will kill you off. do you think there would be this many dogs in the world if they wear not pets? I love my dog. and he is more that just a pet.

top topics

join