It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The Secret Thread

Hi there people!

I am sharing this with you as I have just discovered it within the last ten minutes and I think it is something that will have a positive impact on quite a number of people. Some of you might already know the secret, some of you may not, but I invite ALL of you to discuss it and share your views on it.

The Secret Website

Here is an extract from the website and serves as a good and intriguing introduction:

The Secret reveals the most powerful law in the universe. The knowledge of this law has run like a golden thread through the lives and the teachings of all the prophets, seers, sages and saviours in the world's history, and through the lives of all truly great men and women. All that they have ever accomplished or attained has been done in full accordance with this most powerful law.

Without exception, every human being has the ability to transform any weakness or suffering into strength, power, perfect peace, health, and abundance.

Rhonda Byrne's discovery of The Secret began with a glimpse of the truth through a 100 year old book. She went back through centuries, tracing and uncovering a common truth that lay at the core of the most powerful philosophies, teachings and religions in the world.

What Rhonda discovered is now captured in The Secret, a film that has been viewed by millions around the world. The Secret has also been released as an audio-book and printed book with more than 16 million copies in print in over 40 languages.

The Secret reveals the natural law that is governing all lives. By applying the knowledge of this law, you can change every aspect of your life.

This is the secret to prosperity, health, relationships and happiness. This is the secret to life.

This thing sounds pretty huge right about now, and I’m thinking that I’ve been missing out and I’m going to get a few replies saying ‘I can’t believe you are just finding out about the secret!”, which is pretty much what happened the other day when I let slip that I had never heard of George Carlin or Bill Hicks before!

The Website can be found below. This left me wanting two things however, the book and the DVD. Please continue.

The Secret Website

The Secret Book

Although this thing sounded big, I was conscious that it was going to be just another run-of-the-mill New Age self-help books. I have read many of these books, and although they have served as a good introduction to new ideas, it soon became evident that they are building on very old principles and just giving them a modern facelift.

When interested in a book then I always find the reviews on Amazon to be very helpful. They come from a wide range of people and they are generally intellectual in nature, not written by some bone head that got the book as an unwanted Christmas gift.

See below then the book description and then check out some of the reviews and see if you are still interested:

Once known only by an elite who were unwilling to share their knowledge of the power, 'the secret' of obtaining anything you desire is now revealed by prominent physicists, authors and philosophers as being based in the universal Law of Attraction. And the good news is that anyone can access its power to bring themselves health, wealth and happiness. Fragments of The Secret have been found in oral traditions, literature, religions and philosophies throughout the centuries. A number of the exceptional people who discovered its power went on to become regarded as the greatest human beings who ever lived. Among them: Plato, Leonardo, Galileo and Einstein. Now 'the secret' is being shared with the world. Beautiful in its simplicity, and mind-dazzling in its ability to really work, The Secret reveals the mystery of the hidden potential within us all. By unifying leading-edge scientific thought with ancient wisdom and spirituality, the riveting, practical knowledge will lead readers to a greater understanding of how they can be the masters of their own lives.

The Secret Book

The Secret DVD

I still wanted to find out more about the secret, so started looking for the DVD. I fist looked on IMDB which I have stopped doing lately because I always find myself disagreeing with the reviewers there. It scored a 5.3 out of 10 which is pretty poor, but I decided not to let this put me off. Check out Amazon again for a better grade of reviews.

Tagline:

The Secret has travelled through centuries ...to reach you.

The Secret DVD (IMBD)

The Secret DVD (Amazon)

The Secret Wiki

Still yearning a little more information, I referred to the Wiki Page to see what the latest scoop there was and try and get a little background info. I found this which stirred up thoughts that have been at the back of my mind:

The book was marketed with an online viral video campaign focusing on wealth enhancement. The short video clips showed testimonials from readers of the book and practitioners of "the secret" claiming that the technique brought them wealth, cured sickness, and brought about a general life-change. The video clips do not disclose what "the secret" is, where it originated from or how it can be practiced, but rather pointed viewers to the website for both the book and film.

The Secret Wiki

The Secret Channel

Finally I post my last links as I have now come full circle, as it was after watching a simple YouTube video that I was led to this user channel and then onto my first Google search. If anything I would recommend watching this humble video, the music is really nice and the visuals of the Earth in HD are fantastic!

The Secret Channel

The Secret Google

*Edit to fix Embed.*

[edit on 13-8-2010 by carlitomoore]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It would be great to hear what you guys think about this. I love things like this but at first glance (and this has literally been about 30 minutes since I first saw the video, it looks rather glossy and commercial, and that is putting me of slightly buying the book and the DVD.

Hope you liked the video and hope you find this interesting!

Carlitomoore.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well anything hyped by Oprah... one should seriously doubt.

If you are looking for something like this, try Dr Wayne Dyer. I really enjoyed "The Power of Intention" and it has way less 'hocus pocus'.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Are you saying you have read this and it is not very good? I have never seen Oprah so cannot really comment. I read Eckhart Tolle's 'The Poer of Now' and I think that had been hyped by Oprah, and I found it pretty good. Thanks for the recommendation.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Your instinct of feeling people would say "you are just finding out about this!?" is correct. The laws of attraction have been talked about for thousands of years, and was a popular topic for many of the Greek philosophers. It is now being popularized again by many capitalizing authors and "motivational speakers", whom use titles like "The most powerful secret of mankind" and "The lost secret" to gain attention. It is a powerful law, but they are blowing it up out of proportion and trying to capitalize off of this consumer age of "seekers". I call these people false prophets, false gurus. I say don't buy, there's plenty of info out there on the Laws of Attraction, nothing new here.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It has always been known, that you get what you ask for. Be it prayer, karma, a mix, whatever, it's always been known... but now someone's made a book describing what has always been obvious to men. I can sum up the book in a paragraph, if you want. It's very simple, the author just mixes in a lot of irrelevant stuff and fluffs it to make it look like it's some long, drawn-out thing that has to be learned. It's not.
Trust me, you're better off spending your time meditating than reading the book. You'll find out a lot easier and faster.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yeah the new age phenom is pretty interesting. It is like Hollywood meets mysticism. I use this analogy because Hollywood typically makes the visual without any foundational understanding. We “see” it and we believe it without wondering why. This is the problem with the world since TV came “online” in the 20’s. It hit the US not too far after the rest of the “civilized” world.

Here it is in a nut shell. You will draw, towards your intent, things with congruent resonance and/or vibratory frequencies.

You ever hear someone explain why a child will do what you tell them not to do? It is because the subconscious will filter out the negative. You say “I don’t want xxx” and that is exactly what you get. Your intent attracted it to you. That is “the secret” but it is only one piece of the puzzle.

Read the 7 Hermetic Laws and go from there.

The real “secret” is that there is only one truth and everyone that seeks sincerely will find it.

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I will try to get the film and will get back here when seen it.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Its a great idea.

The real secret is that the mind creates matter through observation and acceptance.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Here is the first 20 minutes of the video as well as some other videos from the above mentioned channel. I have'nt watched these yet, so don't know if they are viral or not. Has anyone watched the first video yet?!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

I just want to drop by and recommend a thread:

How "the law of attraction" works by member (and moderator) Skyfloating.

It's a huge thread (65 pages, 1285 replies, including 379 by Skyfloating) but it's well worth a look-through if you're getting interested in this stuff

[edit on 8/13/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Thanks for that! Skyfloating has authored most of my favourite threads on ATS, but I had never seen this one!

I have been interested in Metaphysics, Philosophy etc. for a while now, and am familair with most of what has been discussed on this thread already, but I have never heard of the Secret and was suprised by its popularity.

From the responses so far I think its safe to say that this is a pretty mainstream money maker attempt at delving into the mysteries of the mind.

I do beleive that Mind before matter and Resonance are some of the essentail components of reality, as someone posted previously.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have just watched the videos above and they all look like trailers to a Roland Emmerich Hollywood Blockbuster, and some of them just seem to promote materialism and greed.

The 'Secret to You' video I enjoyed but not as much as the first one I posted. I agree that a possitive mental attitude is very important, but I don't feel like getting rich should be everyones top priority.

I first came across the concept after a friend recommended Dr. Joseph Murphys' book 'The power of the Subconcious Mind', which was written in 1962. I would persume there are hundreds of these kind of books now. For your reference, you can read some of this book at the following:

Dr. Joseph Murphy

The Power of Your Subconcious Mind

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has read it or has come across the author before.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Err isn´t that really old stuff? I mean i have seen the hype about this "Collection" a year ago or more...? When i read the first posts i was just feeling like in a timewarp or so... crazy

But to the SECRET:
When i first heard about the film and saw the book in the stores, i was thinking its a good thing that this type of knowlege gains more attention in public.
I am very familar with this type of "law of attraction as i study spiritual issues since my childhood.
I also have used it successful countles times. But i saw there a big problem in this SECRET stuff:

In all magical, spiritual cultures there is one important step more.

You have to forget it!

Means after you have visualized and focuss the energys (if through analogies and rituals (say "lower magic") or just by will and thoughts( say "higher magic" or spirituality), you have to send the energys go and "let the universe" do the rest. And you may not even think a nanosecond on it again until it fulfills.

Yeah and if you are into metaphysics and so have a look into my newly started "Your Spiritual Revolution" thread series...
You find the three first one down in my sig...

Peace love and light
let u guide by higher i

Jim

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I bought the book and dowloaded the video. Both were like having someone tell you the same thing over and over again but with slightly different accents each time they tell you it.

It gets my vote for 20 pages of information stuffed into 200 pages of book.

And now there are more books that will teach you "The Secret Behind The Secret" as well as other books like "Return of the Secret" and "Son of The Secret". Go to Barnes and Nobles and check out the New Age racks before you buy this thing.

It's just an updated version of Norman Vincent Peale's "Power of Positive Thinking" that tosses in a little mysticism to get it to sell to the New Age folks.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Originally posted by onequestion
Its a great idea.

The real secret is that the mind creates matter through observation and acceptance.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by onequestion]

Whats up bro. The statement that mind creates matter through observation and acceptance, is a dangerous thing to say because many people are mislead by that statement. It is true, but not in a new agey type fashion that so many use it in. It is important to understand, through observation and acceptance your mind creates matter inside of your mind, but this does not mean it creates the matter into existence. With or without the human species matter would exist, anyone who says "the universe needs an observer for it to exist" is trapped deeply in their ego complex. Not saying that this is what you meant, but I just wanted to clarify.

PS. Are you still meditating?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
All this talk about the secret.... but do you know the reisen? Its amazing no one really knows about it. Its a drug, its a plane, hell it could one day be the president. To find out more go here. www.riesen.com... You will say to yourself "I can't believe it!" Really though, Oprah is whack.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Looks interesting. I am downloading the expanded version dvd, (avi format) audio book and regular book (PDF) now. (all on megaupload) I will comment after I watch the movie.

I know nothing of the law of attraction and I don't want to spoil the movie so I will see the law of attraction thread after I see the movie. i didn't even watch the trailers posted above.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I agree with the others who say you don't have to fork out your cash to get what you need out of this book.
It's hollywood-hyped and they only want one thing - your money. It's also quite sneakily geared towards the materialistic.
You will get just as much (and in my opinion, more) out of Skyfloating's thread. There's also a ton of stuff out there on the internet for free.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I just watched the movie.

Very interesting.

All of the principles taught in the movie are taught by the Prophets and Jesus in the Bible. So we know this info is at least 4000 years old. All this movie does is put them together in one place as opposed to having to search through the 66 books of the Bible to find them.

Pat Robinson also did the same thing with his book called The Secret Kingdom. A collection of Bible verses that show the principles on how to enter and operate in "The Kingdom of God"

These biblical laws of the Kingdom (or universe) and what is shown in this movie, about The Laws of Attraction, are exactly the same. According to the bible prophets and Jesus this information comes to us from God The Father.

This is commonly taught to Christians in churches of many denominations. Christians have been taught these things for 2000 years.. way before The Secret came around. It's nothing "new" to us. The problem is just like every other aspect of Christianity, people let things distract them from really living on a daily basis what the Bible teaches. Christians are to have abundance and be "the head and not the tail" The Jews/Hebrew people of the Old Testament understood these laws. The gentiles (non Jews) were slower on the uptake because they were not accustom to living in this manner.

People say the Bible is made up and there is no practical information in it for today. This is good proof that those people are wrong. All of the principles of The Secret come directly from the bible itself.

I will read the book and listen to the audio book soon and perhaps try to create something that I want.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join