It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new al qaeda chief lived in US for years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

New al Qaeda chief lived in U.S. for years

Familiarity with America seen as a problem by FBI agent

Adnan Shukrijumah, 35, is a suspected al Qaeda operative who lived for more than 15 years in the U.S. The FBI says he has become chief of the terror network's global operations. (FBI via Associated Press)

By Curt Anderson

-

MIAMI | A suspected al Qaeda operative who lived for more than 15 years in the U.S. has become chief of the terror network's global operations, the FBI says, marking the first time a leader so intimately familiar with American society has been placed in charge of planning attacks.

Adnan Shukrijumah, 35, has taken over a position once held by 9/11 mastermind Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, who was captured in 2003, Miami-based FBI counterterrorism agent Brian LeBlanc told the Associated Press in an exclusive interview. That puts him in regular contact with al Qaeda's senior leadership, including Osama bin Laden, Mr. LeBlanc said.

Shukrijumah and two other leaders were part of an "external operations council" that designed and approved terrorism plots and recruits, but his two counterparts were killed in U.S. drone attacks, leaving Shukrijumah as the de facto chief and successor to Mohammed — his former boss.

"He's making operational decisions is the best way to put it," said Mr. LeBlanc, the FBI's lead Shukrijumah investigator. "He's looking at attacking the U.S. and other Western countries. Basically through attrition, he has become his old boss."

The FBI has been searching for Shukrijumah since 2003. He is thought to be the only al Qaeda leader to have once held permanent U.S. resident status.

Ok first what did we ever do to this guy while he was here to now want to hurt us, second this is exactly what I have been talking about they are wolves in sheep clothing hiding under the religion clock and expecting us to take it. And we do because we are so nice Americans and political correctness makes us say thank you and kiss your butt after you excrement all over us. But not this American not ever again will I make the mistake of thinking its just a few select individuals, it is all of them that in some way some form wish to harm us either by in acting Shariah Law or terrorist acts.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I am sure someone will be along in a moment to correct you.

I cant be bothered to tell you how ignorant that last statement was

[edit on 13-8-2010 by woodward]

join