It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if our Ancestors, are us from former lives?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Since you believe in reincarnation....and I don't. Do you believe some are reincarnated, and others not? Or do you believe everyone is, and others just don't have good memory about it? Just wondering

I am a solipsist since age 6. Ive doubted the world from the very beginning. My friends, family, everything seemed fake. Every feeling I have had since the beginning has felt new....fresh. Nothing in life ever suggested to me that I had lived before my time.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This might interest the OP and many more on this thread. I found this a while ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

That was beautiful, and for those that come to this thread, please take the time to see the beautiful poem that was posted by Phlynx, its worth it.

Peace to you...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
To OP - 'NoRegretsEver', how curious to me that is your 'name' since that is the moto I chose to live my life by from being a young child.

I used to, as a small child wake every morning crying, crying a terrible crying of loss and mourning for someone, I didn't know who UNTIL I turned 6 years old.

Then, my mother arranged for me to go to a children's party and her friend was taking me along with her little boy.

When I saw him, I knew. I knew immeadiately that I had found him.

I instantly knew we would marry, have five children, be together in this life, the next and after that.

I knew the course of my life and I knew that this time I must give everything up that I wanted to care for my husband and our children. They would always come first and from this I would grow.
I remember my first thoughts on seeing him.

'I have found him', were the very words I remembered going through my mind and the instant relief from my grief was, well a huge relief.

He was, and is 3 years older than me. From that moment my crying every morning stopped. I KNEW it was all going to be alright now. We stayed close friends all through our child hood. I knew the course our life would take. I knew there was nothing to fear any more. WE married very young and have been together for 30 years now.

I know now, that when we part one day, as sooner or later one of our bodies will die and then the other, we WILL find eachother again.

I cannot forget what I KNEW as a child and I no longer fear that we will be separated forever. There is NO death only a short parting and a reuiniting.

It will all be OK.

Lose the fear and be free and listen to your soul. It has all the answers.

Don't let anyone make you afraid for your life and grow your character, self and soul by sacrificing and giving for your loved ones.

Have NO REGRETS.

As for being our ancesters.....maybe!
All of our relatives, on both sides married their childhood sweet hearts and stayed together until death.....and possibly after, so who knows!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

That was beautiful, and thank you for sharing that. I think that your love would have been even stronger when the pain you felt, dwindled once you were connected. I wish you all the best. No Regrets Ever!!!

Peace to you...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
NoRegretsEver - Thank you.

I sometimes think that in a past life I took the wrong course and did not know what was more important in life. I fear that I may not have put my loved ones first. I might have been totally selfish and let them suffer neglect instead of giving my 100% attention.

Who knows? But I suspect that was the way I was.

I knew straight away this time that the only way to be happy and succesful in this life was to give and to take only what I needed.

I was a fantastically gifted student at school. But I knew the course I had to take and funnily enough this mirrored a cousin of my husband's. She was a very clever young woman offered a place at Cambridge university.

Like me, she fell in love and married at age 19 and is still with her first love. She has given up everything and taken only what she needs and she is a lovely person.

This is one of the reasons I also believe in reincarnation and that some people are very old souls and will always be together whereas young souls are still looking 'for the way' and it is up to us to help them along by making them realise that money, fame etc are nothing but distractions.

Love is the only way and giving of everything is the price of success.....not taking.

Love and Peace to all.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Since you believe in reincarnation....and I don't. Do you believe some are reincarnated, and others not? Or do you believe everyone is, and others just don't have good memory about it? Just wondering

its funny you ask this question, because at one time, I would have said I wasn't sure but that I would think no...

but I've come to learn otherwise since then.

I have a daughter who will be 12 this year. I haven't spent much time with her due to the relationship I've had with her mother and the fact that we lived 1,400 miles apart from each other.

now I bring her up, because she has been teaching her mother about things since she was a child, and more recently she started talking to me about this kind of stuff.

she claims that this is her first time here. and knowing what I do about her other claims and their validity, I would have to follow suit and believe her on this subject.

so yes, it is possible that you are experiencing the human way of life for the first time during this lifetime.

as far as reasons for that, well thats a whole different thread...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip

I am not sure whether I believe in reincarnation but if we are indeed spiritual beings banished to flesh until we learn how to behave properly, maybe it is inevitable for us until we evolve enough to be able to escape this plane of existance.

I don't believe that we are trapped in this physical world, or banished as you put it.

having experienced past life regression, I can say with a certainty that I was definately not in my body as we experience it on a day to day basis.

our collective consiousness exists outside this physical world, and we come here to experience 'life' in the physical plane.

we are building to something on the near horizon, and that would explain why some of us are here for the first time, and why there are more people here than ever before.

our existance in the physical is culminating and our consiousness is aware of that fact.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

the problem with having regrets, is that you are living in the past.
the problem with looking to the future is that we never know what could happen to change our plans.

the point is to live. experience life on a daily basis, and to give the best of yourself each and everyday.

a long time ago, there were people that used to understand why they were born, and what they were supposed to be doing on a daily basis.

if everyone today knew why they chose to become part of the physical world, and what they were supposed to be accomplishing daily, the world would run much smoother and better for all humankind. as it is, we are lost on an individual level, and most of us go thru life wondering what it is we are here for and feeling lost.

there are ways to reclaim your birthright, I'd be happy to go into that more, just send me a u2u.

I rediscovered mine(which I have known about since a child) just recently on my 'birthday'

I want to help all rediscover theirs, you just need to ask

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Wow she must be such an inspiration for you. I am a parent of a child who doesn't live at home with me but I get to see him often, I know living so far from her must be tough. It could be that the reincarnated ones are mentors to people like me who are "new". I would imagine there is much knowledge you could share to guide those who become lost. Is there anyway of knowing how many other lives you lived? Can you estimate?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Is there anyway of knowing how many other lives you lived? Can you estimate?

I know of no way to estimate how many past lives one has had...

I can imagine that the only way to discover this would be to continiously have past life regressions until you knew for sure that you have become aware of them all.

I don't know anything about past life charts, so I couldn't postulate on what kind of information you might get from it.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I guess me asking if you could estimate was rather dumb, considering I have trouble remember what I did last week, let alone years and years and years!
Thanks for opening my mind a little on the subject. I believe that people are and can be reincarnated. Just not me. at least not yet!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

there are ways to reclaim your birthright, I'd be happy to go into that more, just send me a u2u.

Please advise on the forum, so that many can read it, what are these ways to reclaim your birthright.

I am also a believer in reincarnation.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by betweentheworlds

the only reason I don't give a direction on the thread is because I am here to help people that are truely interested, not to be subjected to ridicule from people that have no interest in the information I have.

I got your u2u and responded...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

Hello!

Try parallel universe or universes...????Universe is expanding right....????

Peace,
e

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

how do hot steamy showers and such like that make you feel?
oppressed?
unable to breathe?
more than what is normal?

i went through that once, too, leaving this world. i remember it, literally.
i didn't realize that this was a memory for most of my life, although it was a thought/idea that has been with me ever since i can remember.

and i've had some strange hangups like shower-claustrophobia related to the steam and not being able to breathe. never could figure it out until i finally realized one day, suddenly, and put it all together.

a lot of people have strange phobias, or out-of-proportion hang-ups, etc, that defy their own attempts to try to pinpoint the cause in order to overcome whatever it is. these things seem irrational because they aren't rooted in our present conscious awareness but are very deeply connected to our soul. it can't be resolved in the normal manner because the source no longer exists in the same sense on the physical plane.

it is kind of like when a limb is amputated but feels like it is still there and itches worse than it ever did when it was present...but there's no place to scratch!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I'm stunned. That is an awesome poem! Thank you!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Did the OP just call me ... a .... nevermind.

am i my own grandpa ???

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
To those who want to understand the concept of reincarnation, please read Edgar Cayce.
edgarcayce.org...

SOUL LIFE
THE LIVES OF LEILA - One Soul's Journey
by John Van Auken

Since Leila Evans died when she was only two and a half, we might well expect there would be very little story to tell. Actually, the real story begins with this little one's death. Had she lived, she would have been a close companion of Edgar Cayce's, who incarnated seven short months after her death. The doctors never knew exactly why Leila died. But her mother knew intuitively that she had slowly drifted away because the family situation had become less than ideal for a little girl, particularly this little girl.

Leila died August 24, 1876. Some sixty years later, 1936, a young woman walked into the offices of the then aging Edgar Cayce and asked if he would give her one of his now famous readings. Mr. Cayce didn't need to give a reading to know who this woman was - he would have recognized the soul of Leila anywhere - but the subsequent reading served to confirm it.

She was indeed the same soul who would have been Cayce's older sister had she not died just before his birth. The reading went on to say that Leila withdrew from that brief incarnation because the situation in the home was indeed not what she had expected. The reading intimated that the souls of Leila and her parents may have made an agreement with one another prior to her incarnation concerning the kind of home atmosphere they would have together in their Earthly life. Apparently, the setting was not as agreed upon and Leila left. Leila's expectations must have been very specific and emotionally vital for her to leave a family who so adored her, for their little angel, according to the readings, was the special one of the family. However, the soul in the role of the father was not living up to his part of the plan, and this so upset Leila that her soul wouldn't stay. The readings indicate that the father's drinking was disrupting this loving family, and ruining Leila's hopes for the new life. The readings then say, rather cryptically, that she "withdrew to the deeper meditation in the Mercurian environs."

This quoted comment refers to a frequently expressed concept in the Cayce readings concerning soul experiences between physical lifetimes as sojourns in the surrounding environments of our solar system, particularly the "environs" of the other planets in our system. As discussed earlier, souls don't actually live on the planets as we do in the third dimension, but rather within and about fourth and fifth dimensional environs of these planets. It's as though each planet and star has its unique realm of experience that attracts souls for specific purposes. Apparently, Leila withdrew to what we might call the fourth-dimension of the planet Mercury - not on the planet Mercury but within its fourth-dimensional influences. Obviously, in dimensions beyond the third, Mercury would be quite a different environ than we are capable of perceiving with carnal eyes. (It seems the astrologers have long known that the planets are far more than physical spheres in dark space [see Chapter 3], assigning each planet a special set of characteristics that influence us. Mercury has astrologically represented the mind.) Leila sought refuge from her disappointment by sojourning there for exactly one "full cycle," 33 years, before until returning to the environs of Earth to reincarnate on August 24, 1910 - this time under the name of Barbara Murray.

Again was her childhood home setting lacking in many ways, forcing her to make a decision as to whether she would endure the shortcomings in order to take advantage of the opportunities available through these new parents.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It was at the age of thirty that she sat next to the then 60-year-old Cayce, listening to his description of her soul's life, which seemed to have been going on forever. Remember, had she remained as Leila with her former family incarnation, she would have been his 63-year-old sister. Life is so amazing when viewed from their perspective of the soul. Happily for us, the readings tell of her soul's life from the very beginning, a story that goes something like this...

Leila's soul was first conceived in the Mind of God, as were each of us. She was among numerous lights that appeared in the dark, when the "morning stars sang together in the heavens." It was the first dawn and she found herself awake and filled with wonder. In this early morning light her virgin consciousness would have been so near to the infinite, omnipotent mind of her Creator that the two were as one. Throughout this wondrous Presence were countless others like herself, yet each with a slightly different point-of-being in the Whole.

What "creatures" these would have been; like no other. They possessed the ultimate combination of consciousness and freedom. And within them were the innate urges of their Creator's desire for companionship and creativity, two celestially primal drives that would remain a driving force forever.

The angels must have looked upon these cosmic-toddlers with justifiable apprehension. Like celestial children they would have to learn to handle and value the treasures of this angelic home with care, but until they did learn what would the heavens be like? Chaos was a very real potential! It must have quickly become apparent to the angels that their home would never be the same again.

Flush with life, their minds ablaze with wonder and imbued with the essence of their Creator, these fledgling gods began to move, to touch, to seek out and look through the seemingly endless fathoms of the Cosmos. As a child would explore everything she found before her, Leila and the others peered into the many and varied mansions of their Father's house. Wonders upon wonders were to be found everywhere their young minds turned.

As with so many of us, Leila's wonder brought her into the environs of our present solar system. When she fully arrived here the Earth was still cooling and life was just beginning to stir in its waters and gases. This first appearance was not an incarnation of Leila's for there were no Earthly bodies to inhabit as we know them today. In this dawn of Earth's life she was more like a spirit in the breeze, a voice in the wind as it swept across the steaming waters - a voice foretelling of the coming of man.

But Earth was not the only planet she visited, neither was the third-dimension her primary level of consciousness. All the planets in this star system provided her with unique perspectives and opportunities in her young life. The entire universe with all its dimensions was hers to enjoy. By doing so, she would grow in understanding and come to be a true companion to the One who created her.

Leila's soul was not alone. In this childhood of the Sons and Daughters of God, she was among countless souls that turned their attention on this little part of the universe.

At this point in her celestial life, Leila was not a female spirit. Like all companions, she possessed both male and female sexual forces. Her nature of "form" could best be described as a consciousness which could, in moments, be very defined and unique, focusing-in on the minutest parts of manifested life, and at other moments could expand into the Universal Consciousness and perceive the Whole of Life. She was a microcosm of the Whole, a miniature of her Creator, a "chip off the old block." If we approached her, we would see how life was being expressed, perceived and experienced by this one point in the Whole.

This was Leila in the heavens, long before she made a home in the Earth plane.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join