It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if our Ancestors, are us from former lives?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
O.k. Please bare with me, this may seem a bit strange at first. This is all based in my brain, which sometimes fries with these types of thoughts.

First let me state that I believe in some form of reincarnation. Sometimes I think that we can remember, maybe a glitch or maybe we live a form of our past lives in our current lives, such as a skill (cook, carpenter, etc.) or a "calling" that we have that we cannot explain.

Now with that being said, what if our spirit remains, and the part that we cannot remember of our past, we mistake for ancestry? They can connect us to our past, sometimes they look like us, it makes us feel complete when we know about our "lineage", but what if we think they are part of us, but in fact were us?

We cannot fully account for our ancestors. We know what we are told about those in the past. But think about it, of course they are no longer living, we know of a connection, it would of course have to had been separated by a generation or so, so it cannot be fully counted out.

So, to sum this up, if we are possible clones, of our former selves, could what we think is a connection, actually be a former life, as apposed to it being a family member, could we be seeing ourselves?

Id like to hear your thoughts.

Peace to you...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Your father mother & grandparents are also your ancestors.

When they were alive were they you too?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I think I understand what you are saying

My mother once told me of a reincarnation theory that says we are always surrounded by the same people. For example, you grandfather in this life may have been your son, brother, sister, etc in a former life. Basically, we cycle through with the same family and friends in different positions. I'd have to ask her where it came from and could get back to you later if interested.

Slightly off topic, I once had a past life chart done and it said that I was involved in the crusades on the Christian side fighting against (in some capacity) the Muslims, if I recall I believe it said I was a woman so I don't necessarily know what my role would have been.

I found it pretty funny because I am married to a Muslim. I don't necessarily believe in reincarnation, but if it is true perhaps I my soul is trying to right a wrong.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by searching4truth]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Just curious, where would one go for a past life chart?

2nd line

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
maybe in a past life i was adolph hitler, and the reason my life is so crappy is my punishment for that.
not really.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I believe in reincarnation also.

part of that belief is that the people we know in our lives, we have always known.

its the degree of passion that we have for those people that determine how much we've interacted with them in our past

ever meet someone and you knew instantly that you did or didn't like them? that is what I am talking about

argue with someone alot? you've always had that kind of relationship.

ever have a connection with someone over the internet, but have never actually met them? this is the reason.

soulmates anyone?

we travel the same circle... over and over

there is no gender bias in reincarnation... sometimes you are male, sometimes female, and sometimes sex isn't a factor

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yes, I think you got what I was trying to say, and please if you can get that information, I would be interested. Thank you.

Peace to you...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It is a interesting theory, coming back to the same soulgroup over and over again.
But what about the growth of the population? How would that work?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Ive had that feeling at least 2 times that I will never forget. Once while I was driving a man and I were in opposite lanes and we happen to have eye contact, and I felt something so weird, I cried all the way home, from a 5 second stop.

And another time, I saw this guy at the store, and I wanted to hug him so bad, like I missed him or something, I don't know its weird, but I never forget it.

Peace to you...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have a feeling if i had a past life I was burned as a witch... It may explain why I dislike Latin bible quotes and the church, it also explains why I love my tarot cards.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath5639

2nd line

I've never done a past life chart, but I have experienced past life regression... that was a trip and a half let me tell you

I recalled distinctly multiple times in one past life, ending with me on my deathbed.

one of my past lives was so horrific, that I refused to acknowledge any part of it... completely blocked myself from experiencing anything from that life.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster
It is a interesting theory, coming back to the same soulgroup over and over again.
But what about the growth of the population? How would that work?

reincarnation is not limited to the human experience...

I'm a but more out there in my beliefs, but I don't think its even limited to a physical form.

ghosts are a part of reincarnation... souls that can't move on for whatever reason

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

I thought of that also, I figured that we were either evolving or changing genetically, and not having the same effect as before due to our bodies and minds having different effects with everything that surrounds us today.

But thats my opinion

Peace to you...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I've often felt that reincarnation, cheapens or decreases the value of my family members, including my son, and friends...I would hate to think that I would have to share that unconditional love with people from the past, considering all I know is what is current.

Being born so late in the "game" makes me believe there is something to this reincarnation thing, why at this moment am I existing? Surely there was some chance of me existing in the past, right? How many souls can fill eternity? There must be some limit, surely?

Outside of this I can't help but feel this has been my only life. I have no past regression of anything, no cryptic dreams suggesting to me otherwise. No hints from any spiritual guides, no gut feelings or odd coincidences. The world of reincarnation opens up a lot of questions, I guess some I am not prepared to know the answer but maybe one day will.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
IMHO
DNA contains a doble helix and can recieve and transmit vibration.
the vibrations it creates are part of the akashic record and in that domain there is no time as we precieve it.
So our DNA can react or resonate to any patterns that match.

If you strike a string on a musical instrument and observe carefiully you will note every other string tuned to the same frequaency as the original string will vibrate or resonate to it.
(you can tune a guitar by eye that way if you want.)

There are a lot of real sciences that if viewd from the perspective of the ancestor worship practivced by many civilization around the world indicate that this is a simplified view of the way it works

IMHO like I said.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

there is an old saying... not quite sure of its exact words, but it amounts to this.

we are meant to connect with each other. there is a lesson to be learned from everyone we know.

some lessons just but a short time for us to learn, others take a lifetime.

to me, that 5 seconds of eye contact, were to remind you that we do have a connection with each other, and that our conciousness is aware of this, even though our mind isn't.

humanity as a whole has forgotten that we are meant to share our existance together. and we're been forced into submission for so long, that most of us feel alone in this world.

it doesn't have to be, and shouldn't be this way.

the unfortunate truth is that most people are more concerned about their image, there social status, and their bank accounts.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath5639

2nd line

I u2ued you the details. I think it would qualify as an advertisement which I believe to be against the TC's so if anyone else is interested I can sent the same details.

I however had this done about 8 years so I don't know if the company still exists. Yes, it is a business and they do charge for the material. I was fortunate to meet the owner and he offered to do it for free, but I doubt that someone calling in would have such luck.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

my understanding of reincarnation began as a child... long before I even knew the word.

I have always been attracted to cedar wood boxes and closets. and before the scent of it is brought into the equation, I must say I'm not particularly fond of how it smells

but that never stopped me, as a 6 year old, from examining the craftmanshp, feeling the texture, and smelling them whenever I got the chance.

I also love to cook for other people... hate the actual work, and rarely if ever cook just for myself. but I find extreme peace of mind when I am preparing food for others.

to me these are both signs of my past lives

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Wow, I am the same way. Ive always found myself a jack of all trades, thats what got me to wondering about all of this in the first place, cooking for me is the greatest thing, but only when others are eating, I rarely even eat my own food, but will feed a crowd of 100.

As for other trades, I went to vocational school, and out of all the choices, I chose carpentry (the first girl ever in the school), and excelled, but I was better at wood working, and was offered a scholarship to a woodworking school for antique furniture.

Also I love anything that has to do with building, or creating, and love challenges. Wow you really got me thinking, I'm going to look further into this.

Peace to you...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this topic a lot recently, I have no idea why.

I am not sure whether I believe in reincarnation but if we are indeed spiritual beings banished to flesh until we learn how to behave properly, maybe it is inevitable for us until we evolve enough to be able to escape this plane of existance.

Maybe there is only a limited number of conscious beings, and they live as many different people, interacting with other incarnations of themselves as other people.

This really would hammer home the importance of "treat others how you want to be treated" as it is likely to be yourself who you are interacting with! Maybe this is what karma actually is. If you dish out all the crap in one life you'll take it all back in the next as you'll be living as the people you dealt it to.

However, and most likely due to the often cruel, even unfair nature of everything, we could just be nothing more than complex electrochemical reactions - and these can go some way to explaining a possible cause of NDE's.

I guess we'll find out when we die.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join