It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal groups push to exploit Target backlash

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by Intelearthling
reply to post by eNumbra

When a child sees two men or two women smooching on each other publicly, which is what the homosexuals want, the child is then traumatized. Homosexuals couldn't care less about the trauma inflicted on children as long as they can openly display acts that are contrary to nature.

Why won't anyone think of the children!? The poor traumatized children!

Selfishness? The ends justify the means and so it doesn't matter who gets in the way?

There is homosexual coupling throughout the animal kingdom; therefore, homosexuality is not actually contrary to nature, just a judeo-christian belief.

This is the weakest argument that ever gets put forward.

How do you prove if an "animal" wants to have a homosexual experience, or just made a temporary mistake in it's choice of a partner?

Of course, then there's the issue of the survival of the species, so if the species is not extinct, that alone proves that most "animals" can get it right.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

We haven't got enough prison space to contain the violence that comes from ruined marriages because of either partners infidelities.

Men will tell women they love them just for the sex and women will throw sex out just to get married.

Marriage is not about sex and it certainly isn't a right. It a bonding of two people for the purpose of procreating (the survival of the human species.)
Something homosexuals are incapable of doing.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Was that the reply to my query: "If same sex marriage is such a terrible thing, and ruins marriage, then why is divorce legal?"

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

divorce, and adultery for that matter, both used to be illegal. the second one was even punishable by law.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_man24

divorce, and adultery for that matter, both used to be illegal. the second one was even punishable by law.

And is that the reply to my question of why divorce is legal now?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crimson_King
...then why is divorce legal?"

It was the reply to this question. Maybe my sense of humor isn't appealing to everyone, but what I was getting at that divorce is a necessity in violent or marriages that show signs of pending violence where counseling doesn't benefit.

Besides, there are instances where opposite sexes can't get married legally. You must have a drivers license to drive legally on the nations highways but a drivers license is not a right.

I will support gay marriage when and only when God says it's OK which will be NEVER.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

will support gay marriage when and only when God says it's OK which will be NEVER.

God never said divorce is OK. Please show me some religious text where God said divorce is okay.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Deuteronomy 24: 1-4
If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds something indecent about her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, 2 and if after she leaves his house she becomes the wife of another man, 3 and her second husband dislikes her and writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, or if he dies, 4 then her first husband, who divorced her, is not allowed to marry her again after she has been defiled. That would be detestable in the eyes of the Lord. Do not bring sin upon the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance.

What does the Bible say about divorce and remarriage?

The controversy over whether divorce and remarriage is allowed according to the Bible revolves primarily around Jesus’ words in Matthew 5:32 and 19:9. The phrase “except for marital unfaithfulness” is the only thing in Scripture that possibly gives God’s permission for divorce and remarriage.

And since the basis of this thread is on gay marriage, read the following.

"What does the Bible say about gay marriage / same sex marriage?"

While the Bible does address homosexuality, it does not explicitly mention gay marriage/same-sex marriage. It is clear, however, that the Bible condemns homosexuality as an immoral and unnatural sin. Leviticus 18:22 identifies homosexual sex as an abomination, a detestable sin. Romans 1:26-27 declares homosexual desires and actions to be shameful, unnatural, lustful, and indecent. First Corinthians 6:9 states that homosexuals are unrighteous and will not inherit the kingdom of God. Since both homosexual desires and actions are condemned in the Bible, it is clear that homosexuals “marrying” is not God’s will, and would be, in fact, sinful.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Marriage is not about sex and it certainly isn't a right. It a bonding of two people for the purpose of procreating (the survival of the human species.)
Something homosexuals are incapable of doing.

I had a vasectomy so does that mean I should not be allowed to marry as well since I have no chance of procreating?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Deuteronomy 24: 1-4
If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds something indecent about her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, 2 and if after she leaves his house she becomes the wife of another man, 3 and her second husband dislikes her and writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house, or if he dies, 4 then her first husband, who divorced her, is not allowed to marry her again after she has been defiled. That would be detestable in the eyes of the Lord. Do not bring sin upon the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance.

I hope you are not implying that it's only legal for a man to divorce woman. As per the text provided only man can divorce a woman but such is not the case legally. Incase you are not aware even females can legally file for divorce. So why is it legal for woman to divorce a man even when it's not mentioned in the bible?

What does the Bible say about divorce and remarriage?

The controversy over whether divorce and remarriage is allowed according to the Bible revolves primarily around Jesus’ words in Matthew 5:32 and 19:9. The phrase “except for marital unfaithfulness” is the only thing in Scripture that possibly gives God’s permission for divorce and remarriage.

That is not the full quote, here it is

Mathew 32:
But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

This says if the man divorces a woman except for marital unfathfulness she automatically becomes a adulteress. It does not say anything about allowing to divorce.

Mathew 19:9
I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

That's the complete second text. Again nothing about legality to divorce by both sexes.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Just a friendly reminder...

...that the topic of this thread the protesting of businesses that make corporate donations to support specific political candidates, in this case, Target.

Let's not wander off-topic into the ills of homosexuality or the evil of homophobia. In short, remain on-topic and civil. Consider this fair warning.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
...that the topic of this thread the protesting of businesses that make corporate donations to support specific political candidates, in this case, Target.

I'm glad you cleared that up.

Target, along with hundreds of other companies, recognize and support pro-choice, alternative life-styles.

With this knowledge, however, the homosexual community is protesting this company and in their eyes forbidding this company to contribute campaign funds to a candidate that the company may see as the better candidate for the position that's being sought.

The candidates stance homosexual marriages or illegal immigration should not be in consideration when the rest of the nation is facing prolonged unemployment and an uncertain future.

These groups need to stop their whining. It's not all about them any more.

[edit on 13/8/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

reply to post by eNumbra

When a child sees two men or two women smooching on each other publicly, which is what the homosexuals want, the child is then traumatized. Homosexuals couldn't care less about the trauma inflicted on children as long as they can openly display acts that are contrary to nature.

Why won't anyone think of the children!? The poor traumatized children!

There is homosexual coupling throughout the animal kingdom; therefore, homosexuality is not actually contrary to nature, just a judeo-christian belief. In nature, hetero-sexual coupling has little to do with love and the soul and marriage, it is simply a tool for reproduction.

[edit on 8/13/2010 by eNumbra]

Incest is natural in the animal kingdom too. Also killing. Also necophilia. Also promiscuity. Also non-monogamy.

Hmm...what the hell is it with you freaks? Why do you constantly try to put us on the level of animals? beings who are only instincts!

Furthermopre SMART ONE as far as i know animals are not FULLY homosexual. They still mate with females to reproduce. Meaning most animals that show 'homosexual' conduct are in fact BISEXUAL.

God.

We should just screw our family. Its natural. We should just kill people who we disagree with. Its natural...animals do it. We should just have sex with many many people. I mean its natural right? to spread your genes and all that jazz. Oh and we should all be non-monogamous because animals are that way. I mean who needs commitment when i can have a wife that fixs me dinner and a girlfriend who takes care of my sexual needs. I mean my wife is pretty and all...but i think i wanna have a child with someone else and have my wife raise that child. I mean....birds do it! IT MUST BE NATURAL!!

God you people are sickos.

About the real SUBJECT. I hope target wins. Because number one....i hate people that demand you support them

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Nofoolishness]

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Nofoolishness]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Special interest groups be it corporations or treehuggers, unions, have the right a to donate to political candidates.

My problem is not with the donations per say but with one party trying to block donations to another party and at the same time allowing there own special interest groups to keep donating to them.

The democrats in calif have tried for years to stop corporate donations.

And at the same time they always protect there own special interest groups like the tree huggers, unions, and illegal immigrant groups.

Ether ban all special interest groups from donating or none.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wow! Good story, I had no idea. I guess it's time for me to put my support behind Target. How nice for them to stand for something.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by centurion1211

Because I can and I will comment when I'm board. I have 2 cents that I'm not afraid to use at this time.

OK, noted that you are only posting when you are bored, and so what you say will be viewed accordingly.

I, on the other hand, am usually quite serious about what I post.

How can you be taken seriously? You have shown no proof of a gay agenda. Instead you just rant and rave and attack others that don't agree with you. I'm sorry but you are very disillusioned.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Here's the thing. Target contributed to a group called MN Forward, which probably in general stands for ideas Target supports. Sounds to me, based on Target's resulting apology and statement to look into their campaign donation process, they contributed without researching it to the level of which candidates MN Forward "supports." The protest was successful in that it called attention to this issue. People should know who they're supporting, even inadvertently. It's all part of doing your civic duty and researching both the issues and the candidates.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The progressives will use ANYTHING they can to promote there agenda.

I belive in gay mariage. But also belive in the peoples vote. California has voted twice against it. The courts have over rulled them twice.

I live in progressive state number 1. And the people dont want it. Maybe someday. It's the progressive judges and politions that have a gay agenda. Not the people.

Progressives motto: "If you're against us you're RACIST"

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The reason I quit going to Target is because of all the fat, ugly, rude, people that work there.

Gays have their reasons for targeting Target and I have mine.

Target has the right to support anyone they want; just as I have the right to boycott fat ugly morons and patronize the places that show a little class like Sams club.....

Who's in the market for a broad brush?

Personally I'd rather pay a little more and support mom and pop operations than the big box stores that pay their execs huge salaries but the clerks and stock boys, still need food stamps just to get by.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

and the bottom line of the gay agenda is:

They do not reproduce they recruit.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join