It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Says It Will Begin Fueling Iran's First Nuclear Plant Next Week

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

Israel is not about to strike Iran when there are a bunch of Russian nationals on the ground at the facility. If they are going to do something they will either need to do it before then or wait until the fueling is completed and the Russians are out of there.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
AND SO IT STARTS.

this isnt cold war 2..
this is cold war turning into a sunstorm

[edit on 13-8-2010 by JayXBraun]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayXBraun
AND SO IT STARTS.

this isnt cold war 2..
this is cold war turning into a sunstorm

[edit on 13-8-2010 by JayXBraun]

Actually, we are at the start of the next Cold War, which will make it the 'third' of its kind.

Cold War I & II:
USSR vrs. United States

Cold War III:
Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea vrs. United States, Israel, & India

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If they are going to fuel it next week, there are probably some Russians already there.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
If they are going to fuel it next week, there are probably some Russians already there.

True, and they will get the heads up if anything is going down, so watch for those guys to make a quick exit. If some unforseen incident causes them to have to pack up and leave for a few days, then we know the greenlight has been given!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Where has common sense gone? So why are we afraid that Iran will build a nuclear bomb again? I mean, we've got 1,000's of them. So people are thinking that Iran would be smart enough to gather the resources and technical know-how to build a bomb, then lob it our way
That just doesn't make any sense at all. If any country tried to nuke us they would be decimated, and they know it. This is such a non-issue, guys. They want to have nuclear energy for their people. Let them be!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

consider me america....if i had a stick and went round taking away everyone elses sticks "incase" they hit me with it. then along comes someone with a bigger stick and the willing to use it...id probly leave that person alone...consider that person korea...and id move onto the next weaker person with their stick...consider that person iran.

thats why america choose iran instead of korea...that and the many hidden alteria motives that always come with war such as oil

america will always be imposing their rules onto other countries and starting fights untill someone comes along and knocks them down a peg or 2.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
A lot of folks are worried that all it takes is one EMP from a nuke launched from a scud over America and its lights out. Not hundreds of nukes, not thousands...but just ONE.

Thats what they say.

Originally posted by unityemissions
Where has common sense gone? So why are we afraid that Iran will build a nuclear bomb again? I mean, we've got 1,000's of them. So people are thinking that Iran would be smart enough to gather the resources and technical know-how to build a bomb, then lob it our way
That just doesn't make any sense at all. If any country tried to nuke us they would be decimated, and they know it. This is such a non-issue, guys. They want to have nuclear energy for their people. Let them be!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Where has common sense gone? So why are we afraid that Iran will build a nuclear bomb again?

It is rather simple. China, Russia, North Korea and Iran are working together, so they can build a massive nuclear weapons cache. If more of our potential enemies have the bomb, the more likely they will team up and kill us.

Its Cold War III with more players, which means the potential for World War III is extremely high.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
While this is a potentially serious development a lot of people here need to chill out.

This doesn't mean an attack is bound to take place in the next week. Who knows what the plans are? Bushehr might not even be a target.

Maybe someone here with a little more knowledge on the subject of military affairs and nuclear fuel could shed some light?

Is Bushehr different from Natanz? Or Oum? Or any of the other enrichment sites?

Is Bushehr even an enrichment facility? If it is none of these things then I wouldn't worry too much about an Israeli attack. At least not on Bushehr

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Learn2Swim

Sorry, I don't want to read cover ups for what Irans true motives are. Iran's own people don't like it's government and what they are doing and yet blind people such as yourself will still sit here and defend the rogue nation to no end just because you have some sort of hatred for America or Israel.

I bet you would jump for joy if Iran built nuclear weapons and destroyed Israel with them. Either that or make some stupid excuse as to why it was neccessary that Iran did so.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Final Solstice]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Still doesn't make much sense. Don't the USA and Russia have enough bombs to wipe out ever major city in the world? I don't think the issue is not having enough bombs pointed at each other. That's been done for a half century.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Bushehr is a light water reactor. Its a harder to extract the necessary plutonium from them to make bombs than a heavy water reactor...or rather it produces less plutonium. Some have mentioned that Bushehr isnt really a atrget for Israel...sure they would love to get it if they are going to destroy the complex at Natanz (the one they are really worried about).

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

want to try again? they also use Plutonium in nuclear reactors. also Plutonium is produced as a by product of uranium in reactors.

source 1
source 2

would you like more sources to show you have no clue what your talking about?

reply to post by unityemissions

The U.S. and Russia have enough nukes to wipe out the entire planet at least 10 times over. not just the major cities.

[edit on 8/13/2010 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Let the war begins!...wait...I havent take side yet.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by RainCloud]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RainCloud

Okay, so lets assume Israel has had nukes for that long. And lets also assume Israel is as brutal as some people believe. Well, obviously they have restrained to use these nukes for all these years. I'd say they are responsible.

As for Iran, no one knows their true intentions. However, judging by their own people not liking the government and various other reports about Iran not wanting Israel around any more, I think it's safe to say that it's better the world does not find out exactley what Iran's true motives are for wanting nuclear power.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
"we wont blow # up" *fingers crossed*

No offence to Iran but they shouldnt have nukes nor should israel, you know what i dont care anymore, # it. Lets trust them on this and if they start throwing nukes, then we know Irans is a bunch of bitchs that have to take the cheap way out (by killing off all human life) cause if one goes flying, next thing you know the sky is full of them.

But im hoping they have good intenions with horrible...things. yea

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Just thought I would give the Russian perspective on this issue, having grown up there and still visiting several times each year:

1) We are neither afraid nor worried about Americs or it's opinion of us. America has been using other nations to fight proxy wars against Soviet/Russian interests since even before WWII ended (Poland, Ukraine, Czech and Slovak regions). None of these have really resulted in much, apart from Afghanistan, which is now biting your own nation in the rump.

2) Iran and Russia have shared very strong diplomatic ties for decades, mostly because America used Iran as a tool, betrayed them, and cut off support. Russia, on the other hand, provided constant support and aid. Why would Russia betray a friend just because America demands it?

3) Russia has more bargaining chips in the EU and UN than America. We have a veto vote (just like America), we are in charge of several programs that are economically important to member states of the UN, and we are the choke-point for oil leaving the Caspian and Black sease into easter and central Europe. If we feel slight, we'll just cut the oil off. We've done it before, and I'm sure we'll do it again.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Israel has shown in the past that they are willing to do airstrikes to stop nuclear reactors in the region from going online (as they did in Iraq) and I would be quite surprised if they let these rods get added to this power station without some sort of attack before it happens.

I'm guessing we will see some sort of Israeli Air Force attack sometime this week after sun down on Saturday evening, not likely IAF will attack on the Jewish Sabbath.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com... 'WILL ISRAEL STRIKE BY AUGUST?'

This is a small article from Joel C Rosenberg. He supposedly gets a lot of middle-east predictions right. Not predictions as in ATS stupid date prediction but through his fiction novels and articles.

Just another small thing to consider though. IMHO I don't believe we'll see an Israeli strike on Bushehr this week.

The facility will go online and nothing will happen

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join