It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Says It Will Begin Fueling Iran's First Nuclear Plant Next Week

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Russia may view Iran as a proxy to get leverage on the west. That explains it better than "money" and "greed".

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

I agree with you I was trying to cover a few potentials I was implying your proxy notion here: " If they are continuing with the delivery while at the same time thinking there will be an attack...well then that causes me pause...convenient scapegoat in that scenario."

perhaps non too well
But either way this is a chess move, and Russia plays chess well.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Nuclear power is an internationally approved power source.
Even Russia knows not to go into the Tesla science for power.
Don't worry be happy.

Suicide walkers or other A bomb delivery systems that might
be supplied by IRAN might be a concern if even possible at
any time IRAN did produce Weapons of Mass Destruction.

They sit on a Butt load of oil. Why do they need nuclear power? i can only think of one reason and that is for the bomb.

Because they don't have the infrastructure needed to refine it and would rather be as self sufficient as possible in meeting their energy needs than having to import, and because they have every right to obtain nuclear power as long as they follow international laws, which Iran has done...So what's the problem exactly?

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Since I see it in almost every post regarding Iran, I thought I'd inject a little search into the discussion regarding Iran's prez. and his "intentions" towards Isreal. If you're still buying into the whole "wipe Isreal off the map" b.s., please be so kind as to check the following link:

Wipe Isreal off the Map

Also, the type of reactor being started in Iran is highly inefficient at producing material for refinement into weapons grade fissionable material. Believe it or not, the primary purpose of this facility is to generate power.

To those who STILL don't understand why Iran is in need of alternate energy sources, they have a ton of oil but no fracking way to refine it. This has been covered so many times by so many people/sources I cannot for the life of me figure out why the question is still asked. Maybe in the CNN forums, but here? Really?

Quit feeding into the freaking propoganda machine and take 5 minutes to educate yourself before trumpeting the horns of war ding-dongs. Soon you'll be "counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the wardrums" if the people continue to blindly follow what they're fed.

UHG!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
How is the fuel for the reactor being transported from Russia to Iran?

Plane,Ship,Train,Trucks?

The journey of the fuel will be interesting to watch IMHO.
If my understanding of the Russians is correct,I would have thought that the fuel journey will be publised and followed by the media,as another layer of insurance against any funny business any folks may have planned.

I would also think that those who wish to prevent bushedr from going online have already detailed plans of ways to intercept the fuel.

Some of those plans IMO,must be to prevent the fuel reaching its destination en route...So watch the journey of the fuel.
And lets hope its not going to be delivered by plane.

Watch the journey.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thats why it has been mentioned several times that the Bushehr reactor may not even be hit in an Israeli attack. It is very inefficient at producing weapons grade material thus Israel isnt "as concerned" about this. I wouldnt read too much into this reactor going on-line and speeding up an Israeli repsonse.

Oh and the S-300's Russia just deployed have nothing to do with Georgia....they are to keep Israel from launching an attack on Iran. There's is a reason they were dpleoyed just a day before announcing they were about to fuel Iran's reactor.

Originally posted by Learn2Swim
Since I see it in almost every post regarding Iran, I thought I'd inject a little search into the discussion regarding Iran's prez. and his "intentions" towards Isreal. If you're still buying into the whole "wipe Isreal off the map" b.s., please be so kind as to check the following link:

Wipe Isreal off the Map

Also, the type of reactor being started in Iran is highly inefficient at producing material for refinement into weapons grade fissionable material. Believe it or not, the primary purpose of this facility is to generate power.

To those who STILL don't understand why Iran is in need of alternate energy sources, they have a ton of oil but no fracking way to refine it. This has been covered so many times by so many people/sources I cannot for the life of me figure out why the question is still asked. Maybe in the CNN forums, but here? Really?

Quit feeding into the freaking propoganda machine and take 5 minutes to educate yourself before trumpeting the horns of war ding-dongs. Soon you'll be "counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the wardrums" if the people continue to blindly follow what they're fed.

UHG!

[edit on 13-8-2010 by princeofpeace]

[edit on 13-8-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

And lets hope its not going to be delivered by plane.

Watch the journey.

Comrade Putin may indeed fly supplies himself. =]

Good to see Russia hasn't “wobbled” as reported with sanctions and other bovine manure propaganda infiltrating the mass. Despots and their cronies may even leave Iran alone and with all that navel gazing resort to cleaning up their own doorstep.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You should worry about zionists having nuclear weapons, not Iranians.
Have you ever thought about why terrorists are not attacking Argentina, Sweden, Lithuania and so on? Because they leave other countries alone.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Everything Iran has produced so far has been inspected and monitored, and there has been no diversion of any material for other uses.
The US pushing Iran to prove they are not engaged in weapons development is a move calculated to provide only one outcome - they can't! It is impossible for them to prove they are NOT doing something, and the US government know it.

I don't lie awake at night worrying about what Iran is up to, they are not a threat to us. The only ones getting all worked up are those pushing for war, at any cost, both in lives and financially, to enrich themselves both financially and politically. They worry me.... a lot!

Actually this is not entirely correct. Iran had a secret enrichment facility that came to light this year. The UN has found traces of higher enriched uranium that cannot be accounted for. Hell US intelligence is saying Iran stopped their weapons program, and the European intelligence is saying we are wrong based on their own intelligence.

Not to mention Russia is now violating established UN sanctions. Good lord, if we did this it would have people screaming at the top of their lungs.. The Russians give Iran the "bomb" and the world just yawns.

I have seen the rumors about Israel launching an attack in August.. I am starting to wonder if they new what the Russians were doing.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Xcathdra]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
JUST IN!!! EXTRA EXTRA!!!

Russia’s New Police State

Now we have the Kremlin’s response: to give the police and the Federal Security Service, or FSB, many more powers. Last month President Dmitry Medvedev made a point of publicly backing a sweeping new law that gives the FSB powers to arrest people on suspicion of planning an act “contrary to the country’s security” before they have actually done anything illegal. The law also establishes fines and detentions of up to 15 days for people seen as “hindering the work of an FSB employee.” The new powers given to the secret police under the new law was one of the reasons cited by presidential human-rights adviser Ella Pamfilova for her resignation last month.

Wow! The bear has awakened.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran!!! If something isn't done soon... Israel will wake up one morning to a mushroom cloud!

Nothing to see here!!! They only want Nuclear energy! ... Funny Idea!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BANANAMONTANA

Its always been in Russias interests to see the plant completed I think.
Its a big money maker,and gives them respect on the world stage,If they do indeed provide fuel for and collect spent fuel,IE rendering the reactor impossible to use for weapon enrichment by Iran.

I just hope this percieved war does not happen,Iran have quite serious munitions,and could destabilise areas far from the war front,via Hezbollah and Hamas.

What really pisses me off is the rhetoric coming from western and Israeli MSM sources at the moment...

Its like the war with Iran is almost written in stone now...all the MSM are baiting for it.

"Don't say we didn't warn you!" they will say when it kicks off...

The dice have been cast already-we hardcore ATS folks have been saying this for a few years now.And not through bullcrap sources either,but solid documents and reports from all manner of intelligence sources.

All us "conspiracy theorist whack jobs"knew this was coming..It doesn't take a genius.

And I silicone synapse hereby declare that I do not support a war with Iran as I believe it will signal what historians will later call "the true beginning of WW3."

Don't do USA UK and Israel.
Don't do it.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran!!! If something isn't done soon... Israel will wake up one morning to a mushroom cloud!

Could you in that case provide us with the way Iran will create bombs from their new Russian built reactor,if indeed the russians are collecting any spent fuel and any other radioactive waste?

Or do you think the Russians are lying when it comes to the reprossessing of the waste?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
To be honest I dont even care if they develop wepons, im a fan of nuclear proliferation. while one country has nukes and another dosent the first will feel free to use them since they will face no retaliation. Mutualy Asured Destruction works people and its the only way to prevent the use of these weapons.

To clarify: this would work were it not for religious fanatics who simply dont care and might make suicide nations possible I shudder to think its possible but it needs considering.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Originally posted by Mobius1974

Could you in that case provide us with the way Iran will create bombs from their new Russian built reactor,if indeed the russians are collecting any spent fuel and any other radioactive waste?

Or do you think the Russians are lying when it comes to the reprossessing of the waste?

Thanks.

Yes, yes, yes, but how do we know they are collecting it all, the spent fuel rods that is?

Are we supposed to just take their word for it?

Why have Iran ignored 4 or is it 5 sets of UN Sanctions if they are so innocent?

Come on, wake up people, they are very good at deceiving us all and unfortunately, most of you lot are falling for it.

Iran makes weapons and supplies the muppets in Gaza to kill people in Israel.

They are not a peaceful nation so should not be trusted with the Bomb, simples!

Oh, out of curiosity, why do some of you call people from Israel Zionists? WTF? Where does that come from? It's the sort of silly name Ajimijad from Iran would use!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
They sit on a Butt load of oil. Why do they need nuclear power? i can only think of one reason and that is for the bomb.

Why burn a limited resource that you could make money out of it, if you can use a alternative source for that propose and leave the oil only for things where it's irreplaceable and for international leverage and businesses.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Iran is a signature to the UN NNPT as well as several other agreements that allow the UN to monitor their activites. Low and behold they are not fully cooperating with the UN.

They had a hidden enrichment facility they did not declare, and when found out they gave some excuse as to its existance. Contrary to the Supreme Leader saying its against Islam to have a bomb, I dont buy into those words any more than I do Republicans/Democrats in this country running for office.

All politics are local.

They have a stated intention of wiping Israel off the map. Any particular reason Israel cannot defend itself, especillay when it falls under the UN articles for self defense?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Actually this is not entirely correct. Iran had a secret enrichment facility that came to light this year. The UN has found traces of higher enriched uranium that cannot be accounted for. Hell US intelligence is saying Iran stopped their weapons program, and the European intelligence is saying we are wrong based on their own intelligence.

The "secret" facility was nonsense!
Iran informed the IAEA of it's existence prior to the intellligence agencies and media getting the story out and, at that time, the facility was not yet operational. Under the terms of the NPT, any enrichment or processing facility must be notified to the IAEA at least 6 months prior to it going online. Iran informed the IAEA of the new facility a good 18 months before it was to go online, therefore more than fulfilling it's obligations.

The tiny traces of higher enriched material were in fact explained away by the IAEA, after being investigated, as coming from the second hand equipment Iran had bought.

I also don't put any stock in what the European intel agencies might say. Especially given their track record in such matters!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Spent fuel rods, as well as new fuel and production is monitored. Why would they even bother sending spent rods anywhere other than their disposal location?

Iran cannot break sanctions against itself...that is a ridiculous statement.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
All together now...
Which was the only country to use atomic weapons against another?
Which country is perceived as being THE BIG AGGRESSOR? Heck, you can't blame others for wanting to even up the odds.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by starchild10]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join