It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Prophets just mad insane people looking for attention?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

Im getting fedup of so called "prophets" or the new
Maitryia coming on ATS, writing a whole thread saying
such and such will happen on this day/month and then
nothing happens! also fedup of disclosure threads
or people promising certain things here on ATS only
to be stringing everyone along!

Are all these prophets that come forward just mad insane people who
have some kind of mental problem?

Just wanted to know, have any predictions or prophets
whom have posted a prediction here on ATS come true??

Also any prophets who have said elsewhere that something will
happen and its happened?

My question is, are there or have there been any real prophets
who predict things and they come true?

Seems everyone I come across are fake! or hoaxes.... arrrgh!!!

Thanks!

[edit on 13/8/10 by justjoemusic]

[edit on 13/8/10 by justjoemusic]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
and WHY!!! do a lot of these prophets spurt out
a load of poetry and riddles?? this always annoys me too, why cant a REAL prophet (if such a thing exists) come a long and give us their prediction in normal English, plain and simple!?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

those visions are given by spiritual beings and not all of them are honest and good.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There are only two Prophets left for Mankind, and both of them will be executed for all the World to see. What you are referring to are intuits, empaths, psychics, and the sensitives.

If you take a moment and realize that they are just as confused about the future as you are, and that they are trying to understand it the same as you are, and that they are beginning to find the inner courage to step up and try to help, then you will see that they are just as normal as you are and very Sane.

The true insane are the ones blinded in their quest for materialism or power, or greed. They lie, they cheat, they steal, and they fabricate their Worlds with tales of their great Acts! These are the real Crazies! Some of these Crazies even sacrifice their own, they are abominations of Spirit.

I predict that Goodness will overcome the Worst of us, and the two worlds, man and demon, will be separated for 1000 years.

As for the two Prophets, we needn't worry about them, they know their path and they know they will be resurrected in the name of Our Lord, Christ! (whomever that should be--I am still hanging in there for Michael).

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
To me prophets are just men that want control,power and money. They will say and do anything to make the power and wealth grow.

Normally along of lines of "god told me to tell you that if you don't do what I/he wants your gonna die and go to hell. Ohhh and don't bother trying to ask him yourself he only speaks to me"

Show me a prophet that was peacfull and not interested in killing to increase his/her power and I will give them a chance and listen to them.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Anyone who predicts anything can only have a fraction of a chance of being correct. The potentials for humanity and the individual are infinite. It's like going to a grocery store cereal isle.... there are many choices, but which will be the final choice. And the outcome can change in an instant. Some people or spirits can sense potentials with the highest chance of coming true based on the belief systems of the collective at that time... but usually not more that a few years out.

We have full control of our reality, both collectively and on an individual basis.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail
To me prophets are just men that want control,power and money. They will say and do anything to make the power and wealth grow.

Normally along of lines of "god told me to tell you that if you don't do what I/he wants your gonna die and go to hell. Ohhh and don't bother trying to ask him yourself he only speaks to me"

Show me a prophet that was peacfull and not interested in killing to increase his/her power and I will give them a chance and listen to them.

Those are called "False Prophets", there really are only two true Prophets left for Mankind. They are referred as "The two Witnesses". They see the truth and they will speak the truth, but only when the time is right, that time is very soon. We will know them by the truth they speak. Then they will be killed before the eyes of the World.

There is no getting around this one, it is written and there are many who await these two Witnesses. Some have been so bold to claim to be a Witness, but they are False as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

To reply to you postings title, I myself do not think that "prophets" are mad or insane or looking for attention. I for one, do not think that the real visionaries view their actions from a point of "attention". While admittedly there are those seeking name recognition and such, those types are obvious to those that are really awake.

While there are plenty of pathetic seers and such, but most that predict and fail keep on predicting whether they were wrong or not. This little clue is vital to understanding the difference between those that seek to inform vs look at me and how smart I am types.

Then there are those that some call prophetic because of their ability to see things before others, but I for one do not consider that prophecy or being prophetic. Ones ability to see into complex matters and see or discern what others cannot is not prophetic. It is a uniquely different and out of the box observation that if done long enough with success, could coin the term that this person or that person is somehow prophetic with their predictions.

I made a prediction once and I now understand why it is better to keep those things to yourself. But you see, that is exactly what prompts some to act or to begin warning others about what they think is going to happen. That sense of not wanting others to be hurt by failing to tell anyone. It is a precarious situation and until you're in it, you may never fully understand what it can do to you.

In my case, I was looking for something to happen because at that point in my study or research, I knew without a doubt that a window of days were going to be used by some group to begin some evil ritual process. When it did, it forced me to rethink what I was trying to do and how I went about it.

Well, when that incident occurred and I thought of the 11 men that died in what I suspected or declared could happen, that is when I realized that I needed to reassess what I post and why. Wanting to inform or warn the public to somehow warn the public is noble, but if I have learned anything about ATS members is that no one really likes those that are accurate anymore than those that fail over and over and still keep selling their brand of prophecy.

These days I try, I really do try to avoid telling too much. While for me that can get difficult, I now understand that not everyone wants to know the future, especially if the prediction is death and doom and gloom. It is such messages that the messengers usually get shot trying to deliver the message.

Anyway, as for me, I don't pride myself in being right about anything I observe. In fact, I feel alone that others don't see what I see. That is when I started to understand that being different can get you the kind of attention that no one sane really wants. While there are those seeking some hot cool viral video or some interview dream with some TV show, all those types are attention seekers in truth. In my honest opinion, I feel those that can see what others cannot feel themselves in a quandary and if they act or talk insane from time to time, I for one can understand fully why they would so.

Good subject matter, but for those that start or try keeping score as if that is the standard that measures accuracy is an idiocy that the masses still cling to. It is an uncharted field of science and that means no one is 100% right all the time. Using scores like some football game is just stupid in my opinion.

I myself don't understand why, but then again I see some things and I am certain there are plenty of things I don't see at all. In that regard, I like others just want what will benefit others rather than harm others and if having to curtail those predictions to avoid the stigma that comes from being right, then in my case, I have found it to be a good solution to still being acutely aware and observant without getting overly emotional about what others should do just because I believe it to be the only opportunity to avoid what I predict.

Not until you sit in that pool of understanding will any of this make any real sense to you, but I commend you for asking the question and trying to get some discussion on the matter. It is indeed the best way to find out somethings in life. All you have to do is ask a good question and you might get some very interesting answers such as mine.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
IMO people that make claims, sometimes are genuine and have a true feeling about what might happen. BUT "might" happen isn't good enough these days.

There are warnings all around us, in our faces, and we refuse to see them, and ignore the facts. Food, water, the air. Id like to think that even people here on ATS are sort of prophets, because we all bring something to the table that may make some people aware.

When someone claims to be a prophet, and has a backing by an organization, I think there's a red flag.

But for those who have legit claims, and may have a date, or time, then I think that if your really curious, you can do the research yourself, and avoid being victim, to someones theory, that you could have easily seen to be either true or false.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

join