It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about Karma?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This doesn't just happen at the end of a life cycle, but everyday and we see this, if we are AWARE! People always question why bad things happen to good people. There is no good or bad; only balance and we see causality; for every action there is a reaction. This is just the way the universe works. IT's SO noticeable in relationships! There doesn't have to be judgment; only acceptance for life's experiences that we can grow spiritually from.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

1) Who/what is the Governing Body of Karma? (Is there something that oversees that all debt is correctly calculated, or that mistakes in cycles are corrected)?

Karma is a rule which is also the rule for everything

1 x 1 = 1
1 x -1 = -1
-1 x -1 = 1

Also, all odd numbers are negative and all even numbers are positive

positive = 66.6666 infinite
negative = 33.3333 infinite

To be positive in the after life, then you must at least be 66.6666 (infinite) 33.3333 (infinite) you will become pure negative in the after life.

Also, you must remember infinite can have a starting point (which is why we are born) but it must never end to be true infinite.

I guess then it would also be true to say that once you switch one way or the other it is the new starting point for your infinite self.

2) Are there different metres of Karma (eg: how you treat others, yourself, friends, enemies) or is it simply [sum of all positive actions] - [sum of all negative actions]?

Yes there are different "levels" if you will of positive and negative. For instance telling you mom your going to the store but really going to your friends house I would say is a smaller form of negative.

However, if you told your mom your going to the store but really your going out to kill 1000 people with a bomb then I would say that is a very very large form of negative.

I guess the best way to stay positive is try to not do things that are negative to others but you must not lie to yourself either because if you try and lie to yourself that its a positive but you really know its a negative then the only person you have to blame is yourself for those negatives.

3) Does intent factor into Karma? (If somebody does lots of good deeds but only does so for reputation purposes, will they progress ahead of somebody who does bad things but means to do as well as they are aware?)

Ok so this question goes back to lies and negative. If I hold the door open for someone only because I was told that was a positive thing then it still becomes a negative because I'm only doing it for myself and not trying to help others so yourself is the -1 times helping someone positive 1 gives you your negative.

Now, if you open the door because you just want to help others become more positive then it will equal a positive for you. If the person who you held the door open takes it as a positive then having someone open the door for them was their positive and it keeps going like this all the way down the line.

If the person was negative towards the door being opened then the persone will recieve a negative because 1 x -1 = -1.

There are some others, but those are my main questions. If other members have questions feel free to ask. I encourage anyone who feels they have good understanding of the concept of Karma to come forward and answer questions. Thank you in advance to all those who take the time to answer the questions placed on here.

Also to "encourage" is positive because you are not trying to control you are just trying to be positive. You must also remember you, and only you need to answer the questions you feel you should answer no matter what. If someone demands you answer a question then that is someone who is trying to control you and you are giving into the negative only if you have done nothing wrong to what they want you to answer.

However if someone asks you a question to help others and you know the answers but don't say anything that is a negative towards yourself. Same thing as not telling the truth or keeping secrets that all people should know which is why we are where we are at this time in history.

We are about to see the start to a new beginning and the negative say its "evil" which is why the church says 666 is the sign of the beast. they want people who speak the truth to be looked at as the devil because misery loves company and negative loves feeding off of positive which is why they have been keeping secrets from the positive all this time. But the funny thing is that 2 negative equal a positive and if enough negative enters the world the positive will know all and "WAKE UP"

Added- It is also a negative to try and "Make" others believe you rather then showing them the door. Just like the old saying "I can only show you the door, you must be the one who walks through it"

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Trudge]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Its cool, I fully understand and it is so true. I recently heard the Dalai Lama say that he believed people should not convert from one religious belief to another, say from Christian to Buddhist, and it confused me. I now understand what he meant. He is afraid that as the west begins to represent a percentage of Buddhists in the world, they will pollute its original meanings and teachings in ways to benefit themselves. Not to mention all the people who take Buddhist teachings and pervert them into new age thinking, but still use many eastern terms like karma, reincarnation, yoga and meditation to represent their new age theories. They may even feel they are doing a good deed by labeling their beliefs as such, but in reality it is a disservice to the people who gave them these ideas.

My theory is: One day all of Jesus' and Buddha's teachings will be completely distorted and lost because of this, and our world will fall into complete destruction, then a new prophet/teacher will arise. Life is like a circle or a cycle, Buddha calls it Samsara, the never ending circle of suffering that must be transcended.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Thank you for all the great replies. This thread turned out to be better than I expected and there are some fantastic replies.
Even if you do not believe in Karma, there is lots of juicy information to take from the information given.

[edit on 15/8/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

karma is a very personal thing. yes there are many levels of this. there is group/social/race/state/country/world/ect ad infinity. for a good grasp of this topic you would do well to read a great number of books on this topic , and even then you would only have a intellectual understanding of it, for it is a great law that encompasses all, for many things are not so intellectually understood ,, there are deeper understanding of things our spoken word does not describe. the Theosophy society, has a few good books on this topic i would suggest reading.here is a link to free books about all kinds of topics karma is in there as well.
www.anandgholap.net...

[edit on 16-8-2010 by pathwalker]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Karma is nothing but Thought and the whole Eastern Concept of Bhagavad Gita revolves around this concept! All actions have their origins in thought and hence the bigger concept of thought. There is no direct relation of Karma with action, which is mis-understood in the modern era.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join