It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Husky Killed by Off-Duty Cop

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Husky Killed by Off-Duty Cop

dogs.about.com

On Monday evening, a pet Siberian Husky was fatally shot by an off-duty federal officer at a fenced-in dog park in Severn, MD (a town outside of Baltimore).
"The off-duty federal officer advised that he yelled for the male subject with Bear to come get his dog. According to the officer, Bear began to bite his dog. The off-duty federal officer stated he attempted to get Husky off his dog, but the Husky turned and attempted to bite him before biting his dog a second time. The off-duty officer sta
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Another case of a LEO that should not be patroling our streets. It seems that the prosecutors are now investigating whether or not he should have been carrying the gun.

It is becoming painfully obvious that, law enforcement are out of control.

This dog did not need to be shot. Why did he not kick the dog? Why didnt he do everything in his power to stop this without killing the dog.

His account is clear.. He yelled for assistance from bear-bear's owner, then decided to shoot the dog.

He was not bit.. And from what I have read ..his dog did not have any puncture wounds..

Who is to say that this husky was not just playing rough...

I am absolutely ashamed of our LEO's... That dog was part of someones family.

dogs.about.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Have you ever tried to seperate a dog fight, or stop a dog from attacking someone?

Its easier said than done.

I know from experience that kicking a dog will not always work. I do feel for the dog that was shot, and I think this is simply another thread that will be used to bash police officers. For that reason Im probably not going to bother coming back here

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Any links to story?

2nd line

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If some big dog was attacking my dog, I'd probably shoot it too. My father-in-law's had to do this as well, and he's not a cop.

You can try to turn this into a cop story, but it's not.

[edit on 8/13/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Many dog fights are broken up without the use of a gun.

If the fight is real and bad, OK, the dogs might need mending at the vets, and the bill is likely to be maybe up to $200 for some stitches. The dogs will both recover. Especially considering the size of both of the dogs. They were well matched, all the cop needed to do was wait a couple of seconds for the Husky's owner to help.

It seems like every week there is a story about a cop somewhere unnecessarily shooting someone's dog. Some of them have even been in there own yard, and fenced.

Then again, they're getting taser happy with people also, I think they should go through some anger management training more often. Or at the first signs of losing it. Something has been clearly off for a while now.

I get that they have a hard job to do, but even in the small town I am in, you can be totally polite and cooperating fully when they pull you over for speeding, but it's scary when they won't take their hands off their taser or gun for a second. And there is always 2 of them.

I don't like it at all that I fear for my safety now from cops more than anyone else.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I believe this despicable event has already been reported here on ATS.
I think the thread is about 1 or 2 weeks old.
And YES, the cops are getting out of hand.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Two pages here last week. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The "he attacked my dog" thing is bunk all over.

Not a scratch on the cops dog.

You cant just walk into a damn dog park and shoot any dog that plays rough with yours.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Breaking news thread on same story; has the dog owners account.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm curious; are you upset because the dog was shot; or because the person doing the shooting was a cop?

As has been stated a full blown dog fight isn't easy to break up; the potential for serious injury to the people attempting to do so is high in my opinion. The owner of the dog should have been more vigilant in supervising his dog. As a dog owner it is my responsibility even in the dog park to watch my dog's behavior. I sympathize with the pain of their loss but attacking the shooter just because he's an off-duty cop isn't exactly fair.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

It isnt right for anyone to do what he did if victims account can be believed.

The cop status come in say should I have been in his position and killed his dog. That cop would have either shot me dead claiming my gun and me were some sort of threat and gotten away with it since I so hostilely murdered his dog in a public place or at the very least he would have tackled me to the ground and charged with everything under the sun hoping something would stick.

His victim doesnt have that 'authority'.

And last I heard there wont even be an investigation. Is that justice?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Wow, that's a pretty big leap for you to make from shooting a dog to some one shooting a person. Looks to me like this is just an excuse for some to bash cops some more. What I'm saying is as dog owners we are responsible for our pets behavior and frankly I can't imagine some one shooting some one else over an issue like this.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Can you read? The cops dog "WASN'T" injured...
They were probably playing...

I hope this cop never gets near a school yard at playtime...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It's not a big leap at all.

I'm in the cops position. His dog off-leash is allegedly attacking my dog on leash. The cop is running over to get his dog. As the cop runs over I pull a gun and shoot his dog.

What do you think that cop or any cop is going to do?

What do cops do when a guy pulls a gun for any reason?

Like I said, at the very least I would have been tackled and charged with all sorts of things. At the very worst the cop would have shot me and gotten away with it. If they can shoot people holding hairbrushes and cell phones and get away with it they can definitely shoot a guy holding a gun or who was just holding a gun and get away with it.

A non-cop cannot do what he just did to a cop's dog.

That's tyranny.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

I hope this cop never gets near a school yard at playtime...

Sorry but your kid was fighting with my kid so I plugged him in the head.

It's a given your kid isnt a valuable as a cops kid.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Yes my dear I can read; thanks for the concern. Now why is the fact that the dog's owner a cop the primary concern? By the by, I've seen dog fights start that seemed even match but were in fact not. I'm not sure I'd wait to see if my dog got injured before taking action although I carry pepper spray for that. Dog fights happen and the can be brutal. My dog and I have been attacked for no reason while on our daily walks; one must be prepared.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

No problems, next time I take my dog for a walk, in a fenced in dog park, I'll remember to take my Uzi...

BTW, if this thread was about Joe Bloggs shooting a dog for playing with his, I'd have the same comments..

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Exactly... Why was an off duty cop carrying his gun... Not his pepper spray? The dog park must be dangerous in his part of town...
Or maybe he needs to compensate for something!

I guess the pepper spray didnt make him feel "MANLY"!!!!

Why is it necessary to point out it was a cop?

Because an average citizen would have thought twice about it..and exhausted all options...

Only option this cop exhausted was the dogs option to live! PERIOD!!!

If that was my dog he shot.. I would have waited for a beak in the action.. Knocked the gun out of his hand... and kicked his brains out through his feet.

I am sick of animals being killed because todays cops are sissys.. that need to exterminate a threat instead of exhausting all options.

Yes i have broke up dog fights.. Case and point Rotweiler and chow.. You kick him enough times.. he will rethink his current attack...

We lived next door to the rotty for years.. I broke them up several times.. No dog had to die.. BUT,... I also pee standing up..

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Hmmm, begs the question...

What if it was the other way around and someone shot the cops dog???

No charges??? I think not...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I hate to side with the cops, but...

If I was in his situation, with a violent animal attacking my dog and then me, I would have also shot it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join