It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient mysteries to be discovered in the great pyramid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The Great Pyramid of Giza is the only Ancient Wonder of the World that's still in existence. But even 4,500 years after it was built (by real Egyptians, not aliens), much of it still hasn't been explored. The reason doesn't have to do with a curse, but a door deep in the heart of the structure that won't open. To get past that door, a team of researchers from Leeds University developed a robot that can drill right through it. But it's not so simple. There are two rooms in the middle of the Pyramid, and they're called the Queens Chamber and the Kings Chamber. Two shafts lead from the Queen's Chamber, but no one knows why they exist. It's still a mystery, because those shafts each have doors that can't open, and some Egyptologists think an important discovery lies behind it.

source

Edgar casey may have been right haha

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Interesting. Wonder what could be inside.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have heard how many people say about secrets in Pyramid and Sphinx. Why can't we just shut up and unblock it one by one from top to bottom and see what we find. Prying into Pyramid and Sphinx isn't helping as it may be trap or nothing. It's cheaper to remove blocks one by one like we do during our childhood. After that, whatever we finds, we can put it back as nothing happen. Can we?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think when one examines all the possibilities for the existence of the shafts, only one reason stands out: a spiritual use.

Even without the doorway sealing them shut, the shafts are too small to be of any use for air ventilation.

My guess is that the King and Queens chambers were always meant to be accessed for rituals by priests after the Pharaohs death, while the real burial chamber lies along those shaft lines, inaccessible except to the spirit, yet connected by line of sight.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aslpride

there is allot of reasons we can not take it apart brick by brick. Allot of people myself included would like to keep them as they are we dont want to tear the whole thing down just to find out whats inside. I mean ok yeah i understand we are just kicking the door in and searching but its better then pulling it apart then putting it back together. I think thats the only reason why we dont. But it is still cool to know we are finally going to see more into the pyramids.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kroggin

My mom say something like that and guess what? I did take apart every screws existed in any devices included VHS, Camcorder, Time Clock, Transformers, etc, then put it back as nothing happen. With all devices that I did, no screws has been left behind and all are still functional as before. My only disappointment that mom actually forbidden me with threat not to do it with their TV and I didn't do it. By this action, I was able to understand how it work without prying inside and wondering. It gave me better picture and I think it can be applied to Pyramid. It's such a waste that Pyramid has no purpose in our current civilization and we can learn a lot about it if we take it down, but no. People like you want to leave it "ASIS" to preserve history, but it cause too much painful with all suspections.

Another analogy in this situation with Autopsy. Why not doctor use microscope to find the cause of death instead of open everything up and check it out? Because it's much easier that way.

I wonder if you can trust engineers, professionals, archeologists, etc to do the job by take it apart then put together as it was? The finding will be greatly informative for all of us instead of let the imagination run wild about what could be inside the pyramid.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Believe it or not, the recent flurry of news articles about drilling the doors and the Leeds robot team is because a lazy-ass journalist posted an old story. A guy at the Independent posted this last week and other news outlets have run with it.

The actual drilling of the doors happened this time last year...almost to the day. Zahi Hawass is on record at the time saying the doors were being drilled as he spoke. Whatever happened afterwards has been anyone's guess.

I wrote a thread that tells you more about it...Secret pyramid doors being explored now.

top topics

join