It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football World Cup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
NZ is hosting the Football World Cup in soccer.

We have been told - do not call people by any name they may not like. Like Poms. We have been told people are sensitive to names.

What about what people call us? Did I ever agree to be called a kiwi? No, I did not.

I am a New Zealander - I am not a little furry bird or a little furry fruit.

So a bit of respect to our country, please - when you come here, do not call us kiwis.

Just kidding - I am sick and tired of people who can't take a joke. That probably means Canadians.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

New Zealand is hosting the world cup? Have I missed a joke? I thought it was Brazil in 2014 and not yet decided for 2018?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I am sorry, but I understood the next Rugby World Cup is to be held in New Zealand.

My money is on the All Blacks to win! Go Kiwis (unless the Bokke can do something miraculous)

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Nope. You are correct.

2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cup bids
en.wikipedia.org...

and 2014 is in Brasil.
en.wikipedia.org...

New Zealand and World Cup? Is that the joke?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Ahhh...Rugby.

That's ok then.

Go Kiwis!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Just kidding - I am sick and tired of people who can't take a joke. That probably means Canadians.

Oh man, you must be referring to this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lighten up. BTW I'm South African, before you get your knickers in a knot..... As for the world cup, well NZ should take it, but as I have said previously they seem to choke like SA's 1 day cricket team.

So who knows what team will win. What I do know is that we won the last 1!!
Go "AmaBokke Bokke"!!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

No, it is soccer.

This is a huge deal - NZ is hosting it - I love how everyone ignores this - NOT!

So, a bit of respect to NZ please.

I repeat, we have been told blah blah blah - so we are New Zealanders YAY YAY YAY!

And we don't care what you call us - unlike the others who care - we are being taught pc hahahaha!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

What are you going on about?

As stated above Brazil is holding the next World Cup and New Zealand are not even bidding for the 2018 or 2022 World Cup. However Austraila are.

I fear you may be mental.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
My money is on the All Blacks to win!

Ahh dude, you're like my boet, support the kiwis eh? I do admit that they are the best team, and remarkably from a nation of 4 million people - that is amazing!

We decided to humor him 1 Saturday morning and went to a bar to watch a trinations game between our countries (yes, Sat morning in a bar - it was rough, but after 2 beers - all was good). We all wore NZ outfits, as he had lived there for a while and bought a load of it.

Anyway, in the dying moments NZ scored a try to beat us.
Holy hell we had to hightail it out there, as there were some crazy angry "boer" boys in that bar!
(Randburg of all places!)

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

No, it is soccer.

I think the previous poster is right, with all due respect, sounds like you are losing it!
If not, have any links to prove this NZ soccer world cup. Rugby yes, but Soccer

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

NZ is hosting the Football World Cup in soccer.

"hosting the Football World Cup in soccer." Uhhhmmm this is craziest sentence I've read in a while. What else would you host in a Football World Cup?? Tennis? :shk: (Must be a Kiwi eh? . . . . . Just joking Mr Sensitive! )

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

OK I have to say effoff.

You know nothing.

Join the crowd.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
New Zealand are not holding the world cup. The OP is trying to make a point about names.

join