It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Preparing to Release More Afghan Documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

WikiLeaks Preparing to Release More Afghan Documents

www.foxnews.co m

Speaking via videolink to London's Frontline Club, Assange brushed aside the Pentagon's demands that he stop publishing their intelligence. He gave no specific timeframe for the release of the 15,000 remaining files, but said his organization had gone through about half of them.

"We're about 7,000 reports in," he said, describing the process of combing through the files to ensure that no Afghans would be hurt by their disclosure as "very expensive and very painstaking."

Still, he told the audience that he would "absolutely" publish them. He gave no indication whether he would
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I don't believe this is anything in the Insurance file, it sounds like the rest of the docs he has after using the video of the gunship blasting innocents to peices. It ought to be interesting what he does and how much more he has. If we hear of any "lost" or stolen drones, be on the lookout where Julian resides!

Julian Assange, Wikileaks founder

www.foxnews.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/13/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
it was already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I swear I looked

MODS: shut'er down I reckon.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger
Why do you want him dead? This man is trying to do the right thing- The wars in the Middle East is a shameful, disgraceful thing and Julian is trying to give the government a chance to get their guys out before any information is posted that would put their lives in danger.

Hundreds of thousands of people in Iraq especially and Afghanistan have been killed, hurt or violated.

No, no more war. People have got to stand up and say 'No' and question their 'leaders'

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

get their guys out before any information is posted that would put their lives in danger.

That is almost saying he is using the information to blackmail the government, a government he has no reason to be interfering with. He is putting more peoples lives at risk, than he is trying to prevent.

Do people not realize, that more and more afghani civilians join the taliban because of cilivilian deaths (which weren't particularly outlined until wikileaks starting leaking evidence and death toll)

Trust me, anything more and you will see more US soil terrorist attacks because of Julian Assange's idiotic moves.

That doesn't however mean that I agree with the war, I want the troops home and safely as much as the next person, but Assange is going about it the wrong way.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Geezs, and I thought TRUTH was always the right way....

Silly me, Americans have no right to know what their Goverment is doing!!

Hell, its not like it's their tax dollars at work here..

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Truth is always the right way, but it depends on the situation. A guy admits to a murder 7 years later, when the police had no evidence and were sending the case to the cold files.

Bad example I know, but inevitably the united states has spent money on wars for decades ... one man with a crappy hair cut isn't going to change the thought process of the most powerful country in the world.

Americans have no right to know what their Goverment is doing

Oh, and you can only blame your selfs for electing the people you have in.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

You seem to think the majority of folk want the US to win, I doubt you're right, most merkans want the war over and the troops home, honour be damned, just home.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Its not assanges fault that the american government started this war for empire and money and is bombing and killing civilians. What, like the people of afghanistan didnt know that they were killing innocents until he leaked the documents? And how would they know anyway, do they have the internet or television, they live in caves for christs sake. Thats why we just had the most american deaths since the war started. The people are pissed that we invaded their country to chase a small band of islamic extremists.

We have every right to know whats going on with this war because the government is supposed to be working for us. In case you havent noticed, they work for massive multinational corporations, and they hide the real reasons that we are there. Of course they dont want these documents leaked, americans are starting to wake up and see that we do not have any good intentions in the occupation.

You want to keep the soldiers safer, worry about shooting and bombing innocent civilians. Maybe pull them out of there before we make the situation much worse. It has nothing to do with the leaked documents, the government wants you to think it endangers soldiers lives so no more will be leaked and americans will continue to be ignorant about the true actions of our military.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeutronAvenger
-Snip-

Have you read the cables that were released by the MSM? if so you would know that many many innocent civillians have lost their lives due to the mentality of shoot first ask questions later that seems to be one of the main agendas sweeping through the armed forces in afghanistan at the moment.

In my book Julian Assange and indeed the private that leaked the cables in the first place are national both heroes and should be treated as such.

I wonder if you would be so blasé with your words if it was your family that was killed or injured due to stray bombs/bullets?

[edit on 13-8-2010 by franspeakfree]

Mod Edit - To remove an expression against our T&C's.

[edit on Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:40:45 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
He's not blackmailing the government, he's offering them an chance to call back their field agents or warn the snitches that information is about to be exposed...

War is war. Revenge is revenge. I don't care who you are, who you stand for. If you live by the sword you die by the sword.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Say it as you may, it's still sounds like blackmail or a threat that he should have no involvement in... he's not even an american citizen.

I wonder if you would be so blasé with your words if it was your family that was killed or injured due to stray bombs/bullets?

My father and younger sister were both killed due to war and conflict.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Our unofficial policy allows for the same topic to be discussed in two different forums if one of the forums is in a Breaking News forum.

That said...keep it civil guys...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeutronAvenger
reply to post by CynicalM

Truth is always the right way, but it depends on the situation.

WAT

So you're saying that Truth is ALWAYS the right way, which is the truth about the truth, yet you go on to say it depends on the situation...

Goodness people, can we learn to use logic when we type and think?

How can truth ALWAYS be the right way...yet this depends on the situation?

That's like saying "When it's the right time to do something, it's always the right time to do something". The entire basis of the rest of your post is based on a redundant statement that, in it's state of redundancy, makes no sense given what you're attempting to say.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

What I mean is the truth can often cause more harm than good. What Assange and wikileaks is doing may be in the right intention, however, they are proving civilian deaths (information Taliban and civilians didn't have access to prior the leak)...

This worries me because it will push more and more civilians into joining the Taliban.

On a side note: I would like to apologize if my early comment offended anyone. It was meant as a joke, and was not intended to be offensive or in anyway derogatory.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Niether are the dead civilians in afghanastan. Whats your agenda hear. your arguements are weak

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

My arguments are weak? 1: You don't even quote me, so I can't give you a valid response in regards to your minimal reply and 2: Try and learn to spell before posting ridiculous one liner comments.

new topics

top topics

join