It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil well explodes on lousiana land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Is this normal? Do oil wells explode all the time, or....?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I realize that I know little about the oil industry in the Gulf region, so I am also curious if this type of blow out is a regular happening. Last one was under water and a tug boat was blamed; what set this one off?
Some tremendous pressure to send the oil that distance straight up.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Yes it does, it just doesn't get media attention like it does now. We live with it down here, this is our gold. This oil runs through our blood so we learned to live with it.

Honestly, I can care less, just the pride of knowing we have a rich resource makes me proud.

Yes, it does destroy our environment down here, but guess what, we learn, we learn from our mistakes. When you take the learning process out of mistakes, it will be the end of whatever it is.... When will people begin to realize tossing rules on something is bad.

Oil doesn't come out the ground like it did in the Beverly Hillbilly's intro. That stuff just shoots out the ground. What probably happend is that they hit a gas pocket that shot the casing out the ground. That's why the tower appears to be tilting a little.

No, I am not a professional. Yes, this happens all the time. I know the area that this gusher is in, it is a good 30 min drive, I live in Thibodaux, Louisiana, about 20 miles north of me, give or take.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Cajun Raptor]

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Cajun Raptor]

join