It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Embrace Religion Instead Of Only Spirituality?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

It's okay mate. I'm getting older and slower these days

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
spirituality originates from the spirit.

the spirit is the source of ALL energy and life in a human.

Re-spirat-ion is re spiriting oneself. it is commonly called breathing.

spirit equals breath

ex-pire means the spirit/breath is gone and then one dies.

con spire is to share the same spirit with one or more other persons.

de-spirited is the spirit is depressed.

in spired means you are full of the spirit.

spirit/breath/oxygen is needed to add to the fuel (food) in order for the human to be able to run or operate.

Jesus Christ understood this 2000 years ago and said "Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word (Christ is the WORD of God Incarnate) that comes from the mouth of GOD.

God uses His breath/spirit to speak the WORD.

Since the WORD comes from GOD, and is carried upon the HOLY SPIRIT, both GOD and His SPIRIT and His WORD are exactly equal to HIMSELF, that is GOD.

This arrangement is the epitome of integrity.

Strived for by people on earth who wish and strive and desire to have spiritual progress.

I honor a human who from their being, from their source of life, their SPIRIT/BREATH, who say what they mean and mean what they say.

No one on earth, except Jesus Christ, Gods WORD made FLESH, has ever or will ever act with perfect integrity in themselves. Perfect integrity to the highest spiritual mark, perfect integrity in and amongst the components of a human.
Components from the middle outward are thus:

Spiritual
Volitional
Emotional
Intellectual
Actual
Physical

There will never be a human, save CHRIST JESUS, who can demonstrate perfect integrity in and among these components.

Christ left a RELIGION with Him and its central figure to inspire, motivate and assist us fortunate ones to aim for improving our integrity.
That religion is Called Catholic Christianity.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

That's a well thought out and written post slugger, thank you.

While I disagree with the last statement, I find many of the things said in the breakdown of words to be illuminating.

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

then we follow the catholic church back to Pentecost.

and prior to that follow the
Jewish church back to creation when
God breathed his spirit into them.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Perhaps I missed something

Are you saying that humans did not have "the breath of God" in them prior to judaism?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by Tayesin

then we follow the catholic church back to Pentecost.

and prior to that follow the
Jewish church back to creation when
God breathed his spirit into them.

Hi,

Once we start to go back into the history of human kind we inevitably arrive in Sumeria.

Before going into Egypt the Hebrew people had the first book of their Torah, which they brough out of Sumer with them.

When we read this first book we find it is basically Genesis in the modern Bible with less editing.

Yet when we read the source material that this first book came from, the Sumerian tablets, we find a massive story of how our solar system and Human Beings (homo sapien & Homo Sapien Sapien) came into being.

We find that God is not a Singular Entity as expected from our modern bible story. It is in fact a plural.. "Elohim".. or "The Gods", noted in the Sumerian Tablets as the Council of 12.

If we read further we find that the Biblical Garden of Eden story is mostly fable, based on a tale so intricate and believable from the same Sumerian source material.

We find two brothers, one the younger who is hated by his elder brother and who after a long story finally has his little brother in trouble with Dad and the Council of 12...

Once he gets his brother disempowered by the Dad and the Council, he sets about ensuring that the Adamma.. (Homo Sapien Sapien.. us) will always rememer their loving creator.. the younger son.. as the Bad Guy.

To cement this in our psyche he took half the Symbol for the House of Life in Africa .. which is the Caduceus we know today in medical circles.. and used that Snake Symbol to represent the Bad Son for all time.

Do we not wonder why in the Biblical Tale that the Snake tells Adam.. "God lied to you"?

Because the snake, represented our physical body's creator, the One Who Loved His Creations, the younger son, who told us of his Hate-filled brother and how he came to usurp the position of most favoured son.

This snake is now often considered to be Satan, tempting Eve, etc.

Do you see how much the original story has been edited and changed to suit Man's Religion?

If we are worshipping the "God" from that time, then we are worshipping the hateful, bloodthirsty, egotistic Elder Brother called NL (Enlil).....

*note here that the God of the Old Testament is exactly like this Elder Son in every way.

Why? Because it is the Elder Son of Anu. The Son who Hated Human Beings because we were too noisy and rutted in the fields all day and night, etc. The same Elder Son who hated his brother with a vengeance!

If we can see clearly past modern Indoctrination into Belief then we can see that current Christian Faith is based on loving, worshipping and Fearing this Evil Tempered Brat.

And the one who told the Adamma (Adam) the truth in the E.Din (Eden.. meaning The First Place) is the One "God" who loved us and cared for our welfare.. not an evil being at all is it?

edit to add..

This understanding I have IS NOT from Zecharia Sitchin's work.. it is in fact from my Mentor's work on the same Sumerian Tablets being worked on for the British Museum in the early 1970's.. which is the same time as Sitchin. I can tell you she ripped it up him for his "additions".. like the Anunnaki (People of Anu) mining Gold to suspend in their world's depleted atmosphere.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

People are always getting Enlil and Enki mixed up.

Didn't Enki escape to the Pleiades taking some of his creations with him. I think that's in the Terra papers.

Anyway - what ever the source or version - - - it is logical and feels right to me.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I'm not sure of what happened to Enki.

There may have been a burial chamber of the Star Visitor found in Egypt before WW2, if the stories and footage from the time is true.

Perhaps that may have been his? I wondered because when I viewed the footage some years back I noted something and showed it to my mentor who said that it was the "signs" for Enki, son of Anu and other appelations above the chamber entrance.

Other than that I have no idea what happened to either of the brothers once they may have gone off-world after the massive tsunami we think of as the Biblical Flood.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Creation Adam and Eve.
God breathed His breath/spirit into them.

Spirit is the animating force of all life.

And while it permeates all activity and causes all activity to be able to occur, it is also directed by and through a persons volitional component.

So before the creation of A&E God breathed his spirit over the face of the earth to animate all plants and animals.

And you think the Bible knows nothing about science.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Spirit animates all activity.
Animates the will, emotion, intellect, action and nine physical systems.

Spirit demands expression and animation.
It cannot manifest itself except through the soul and body.

It contends with basic human nature, which is selfish and vain, then must contend with conscience, morals values vices and virtues.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Annee to confuse emotion with intellect is a huge paradigm mistake.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

Annee to confuse emotion with intellect is a huge paradigm mistake.

Who is confusing emotion with intellect?

As far as I'm concerned believing in Christianity is emotional based. When factual information doesn't support it.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
reply to post by Annee

I'm not sure of what happened to Enki.

OK - and I have no idea what is actual fact and what is perception.

I do like the Terra Papers - - only because the general overall story seems plausible to me.

All I can say is I've had experiences since birth. Someone/some thing is guiding me. I let everything filter through them - - then only follow them.

I enjoy these subjects - but don't study or get serious about it. Except in actually living it (that's different).

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
OK, my thoughts on this without arguing. Spirituality entails work on the part of the individual. YOU have to seek what is true.... YOU. Religion will do all the work for you. Just find one that's close to your beliefs. Badda BING. No effort, just do what you're told.

Spirituality on the other hand needs thought. Personal thought. Self searching. That's a helluva lot harder.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

You got things mixed up, this go's way back than ancient summeria, because sumerians were visited by these gods and beings that were tall ?

It's two elements.
This ~~ And this ---
One is a line, and one is a wave.
Where you have light you will always have a line and where this ~ is present you will have the wave, just like our brain. The right brain is linear the left part has waves, because the right side of the brain is in linear thought, making out what is wrong and what is right, and the left side is like a wave, the subconscious mind, in the middle you have the father or the way to the father, the crown beacon.

Your left part is your heart and your desire, your right part is your ability to make good decisions and bad decisions. Good or bad.

Everything works the same, the brain has a father, a child has a father, the solar sistem has a sun, the universe has a father (the supreme)

I would say folow the rules but with your heart, tho we are not perfect and we become like a wave. It's using your left and your right. The land lord of earth and us has always been the father, the equal, the middle, it's the children of the father that fight. (sons of god) The true land lord of us has always been the father of the universe.

We are an amazing creation, it's why we have the left and the right.
It's why the sons of god got upset and came down to mingle or feel how is it to be a human.

It's why Jesus said, I am the way to the father, he knew, and it;s why he stated, not to get involved in conflicts and not to chose sides, east or west, left or right, because those who do will not understand.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by pepsi78]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

this is very intriguing.......could you share more information and details? Can you share who your "mentor" is and provide sources, links, etc?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Hi Pepsi,

What we are beyond the physical is my speciality.. we could say.

What I was responding to was the Physicality of the Hebrew and Biblical GOD through history.

I know that is far from what I experience beyond this limited physicality.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by prjct
reply to post by Tayesin

this is very intriguing.......could you share more information and details? Can you share who your "mentor" is and provide sources, links, etc?

Thanks

No.

Sorry, but the last time I caved in to the pressure to provide details, the questioners did limited research and then crucified the old Lady for what she is doing now as a semi-retired 80+ year old.

So that's a definite no there.

I've also had the same Educateds asking to be shown what Tablet numbers to read, or what Online Repository section to link to for some information I've offered from my mentor's work.

It cannot be done.. because she did the work way back when..I didn't. I have only studied her 4 night lecture based on her notes.. so there are no Tablet Numbers in that more generalised Lecture.

I noted that the University Online repositories have pidgeon-holed Sumerian tablet writings to such an extent that I don't know where to begin to look.

Sorry.

The other thing you can do for a basic introduction to the whole genesis story is to read Sitchin's "Twelfth Planet".. because like him or not, "additions" or not, he has done a great job of piecing the basic story together in a historical tale.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
reply to post by pepsi78

Hi Pepsi,

What we are beyond the physical is my speciality.. we could say.

What I was responding to was the Physicality of the Hebrew and Biblical GOD through history.

I know that is far from what I experience beyond this limited physicality.

There is no biblical god, the bible is an invention by men to control other men. They put only the books they saw fit and made the bible, god is only one, the rest are just god's creatures that come and play.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If I have a very true and meaningful spiritual experience.

This SE answers, to the depth of my spirit and soul, the universal question:"Why am I here?"

I share that with others, knowing that the universal question, "Why am I here?"
can be answered for them as well.

Spiritual experiences without the social sharing are meaningful to the person who had the original SE.

Just like the poster who has a ""teacher" since he was 17, he will not share that teachers details as this gives him exclusivity to be the primary source and the originator of the practices ("religion") that you have to act in order to be "enlightened".

It is a hook for the psyche.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hello,

I'm a Christian and do believe with all my heart in God and his son Jesus Christ.

Do note I am intrigued with the spiritual qeust the OP is referring to. But I fear that if I were to pursue such a spiritual quest I may unintentionally turn my back on God and his Word. That is what scares me. I fear that the dark one will lead me down the wrong path as I try to find answers that are deep within me.

All I know is, ever since I was a child and my elders mentioned God and Jesus, I was so drawn to it and I wanted more. As I read the spoken words of Jesus, I felt as if we humans were super human, and we have such a gift. And as a child I would ask myself, why don't people see this. Maybe I'm wrong with my thoughts.

I would ask myself, God gave us teeth to chew with, eyes to see, fingers to grab with, arms and legs, toes, brain..you get the idea. Why would God stop there? I thought we were capable of so much more. Then as I learn more about Jesus and his written word. I was picking up on his acts. The fig tree withering away and how we can do just as he did. And started picking up on how he used the words believe, not doubt, in prayer, faith, Father in Me and I in Him and Me in you, love, others, neighbor... I was so blown away by this, and I truly felt/feel that ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE, THROUGH CHRIST. As I started to get older, people would say phrases like "hope for the best and expect the worst" and I would say to myself that doesn't make sense, because Jesus said 'not doubt', 'faith' and that phrase just negated what I truly felt and due to accepting what is around me because its always around me, I accepted the phrase and actually subconsciously lived that way. This was the start of my fear, because as I was accepting what was around me I wasn't living a life that was promised to us and thus turned my back on His Word.

As started to realize that I was living a life not to its full potential, I wanted to get back what I once believed in with all my heart. Thus me trying to find my spiritual self again by other means but the bible.

I read books about budah, tsao, and others of the same and they all made good sense. But, I felt something real important was missing... Then it hit me..I wasn't glorrifying God, and realized I still had my back towards God. Then guilt set in, and to me as I was on my spiritual path via the bible, I just couldn't absorb, feel the Holy Spirit as I once did because I felt guilty for turning my back on God.

Then it hit me, I just decided to not feel the guilt anymore and it worked. I realized if thoughts can have me sway my beliefs then why not have my thoughts sway the other direction? And for me I am having success.

I am all for spiritual growth, I just fear I will lose sight of God. If I practice my SPIRITUAL development by keeping God 100% in front of me, then fear is nothing but a word and isnt put into action...

Some of my fellow Christians frown on meditation, they think its a new age technique, hence, fear is creeping its way from word to action, due to what is around me. My meditation is focused on clearing my mind and having a one on one with God. I do practice this technique. Somebody posted that God didn't have a religion, and it hit home for me...

I just fear that I will lose site of GOD, so maybe I am putting fear into action but if I may say, its a good fear and it keeps me focused on the WORD.

I sure hope this made sense..

misspelled words and incomplete sentences brought to by droid.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join