It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the "Ground Zero Mosque" will never be built

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The media is hammering this issue, creating something out of nothing. Its about religous freedom, its about sacred ground, its a covert (or overt) attempt to shove Islam down our throats. Its everything and in the end it is nothing.

The mosque will never be built because the members of the NYC trade unions will not work on the project. Steelworkers, electricians, teamsters will not work the job. If anyone thinks they can build something of that size with non-union labor in NYC they are kidding themselves.

My cousin is a member of local 3 electricians union in lower Manhattan and they have already discussed the issue and the union will not work on any mosque in lower Manhattan. All of the trades are following suit. Despite the fact that times are tough and many members can certainly use the work, they will not do the job.

This whole business in the media is nothing but a made-up news story.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I was standing in line last week at a state office, to get a registration, and i overheard someone talking about it. They said something i hadn't even thought of, that what if, say there was a fire at the mosque, you think the fire fighters are going to go out of their way for that one,

I personally know a firefighter still living with some health issues who was there that day, and i can tell you, he sure as hell wouldn't try to.

There's more to this then just some innocent bunch of muslims who need a place to worship, it's just to close, and they picked the wrong date for the opening, sept. 11th in 2011. I mean, come on!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The people of New York are in for a battle,that's for sure.

To that end, early in its tenure the Bush administration began a serious effort to seek out and support moderate Islam. Since then, Washington has funded mosques, schools, institutes, and community centers that are trying to modernize Islam around the world.

gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
even if they build it, it wont stand there very long. It will be burnt to the ground or blown up.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I hope this find you and your family well, What's interesting about the whole event is how or why did it get this far, for surely we understand that the media isn't or hasn't been the freedom of the price for ages, someone paid to have this information filtered to the American Public, Be Careful of those whom bring you news because we may harm someone due to our ignorance than be sorry for what we do, FYI, Unions act for the sake of Money and an advantage for the sake of a select few. ATS ABOVE TOP SECRET. I APPRECIATE YOUR INSIGHT, AND CAREFULLY WATCHING TO SEE WHAT UNFOLDS.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I hope this find you and your family well, What's interesting about the whole event is how or why did it get this far, for surely we understand that the media isn't or hasn't been the freedom of the price for ages, someone paid to have this information filtered to the American Public, Be Careful of those whom bring you news because we may harm someone due to our ignorance than be sorry for what we do, FYI, Unions act for the sake of Money and an advantage for the sake of a select few. ATS ABOVE TOP SECRET. I APPRECIATE YOUR INSIGHT, AND CAREFULLY WATCHING TO SEE WHAT UNFOLDS.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I bet they won't build anything there, because they are going to find out that the "ship" that is buried beneath the trade centers, the one that doesn't match any architectural designs from our history, is actually Noah's ark, and that is the real reason for the attack there, to destroy the ark.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Ultimately that is what they want. They want to show barbaric acts against Muslims in the same place there was a barbaric act by Muslims, some how creating a half-baked equality of barbarism.

To the extent that the folks in New York embraced the building of this "Islamic Center", the Muslims, themselves would blow it up to make a point. Clearly they are seeking to make a political point here, either that we don't have the stones to stop them or that we are as vile as they are and will destroy their building leading to a loss of life.

Does not matter because it won't be built

top topics

join