It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Noory's retirement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Does anyone else remember when George Noory first started on Coasttocoastam? He said he was going to retire and his last show would be on December 21, 2012. Has anyone heard who will be his replacement?

Just Curious
Thanks
Stari

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Lets hope Art Bell comes back & brings some credibility back to the show, failing that, Mr Punnett.

I didnt like Punnett at first, but Im liking him more & more. Art was & is the master. Noory, as some people have pointed out, is just there to push adverts, play with his twitter etc etc. He rarely pays attention to the guest, & he gives WAY too much time to callers. Sure, some caller questions are good, but most are half drunk fools you cant understand, slurring their words.

When you have a guest on that usually has a lot to say that interests millions of people, why waste that opportunity ?? Id much rather listen to 3.5 hours of the expert guest & half an hour of calls than 2 hours of each (less adds). Take the opportunity to interview your guests Mr Noory !! Isnt that what journalism is about, like he keeps saying, journalistic integrity ?

Vote 1 Art.
Vote 2 Ian.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Bite your tongue (or keyboard). Noory is the best there is, the best there was, the best there will ever be. No kidding.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

I'm sorry but I must agree with SNAFU38 to a point. I wasn't impressed with Ian either and George puts up with too much crap from callers. At least Art used to hang up on the people who didn't know what they where talking about. I hope Art comes back or someone with a back bone like Art takes over.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo4
reply to post by Stari

Bite your tongue (or keyboard). Noory is the best there is, the best there was, the best there will ever be. No kidding.

Noory does a phenomenal job at moderation. He makes his guests feel comfortable and doesn't press too hard when they make inconsistencies (for the worse, IMO, but it does help keep it civil)

But he doesn't engage his guests very well. He seems to go down a list of preconceived questions, and rarely asks for elaboration on his guests' points that desperately scream for it. He never EVER calls them on their BS, even when he knows it. Maybe he's just tired from dealing with all the sham artists that make up 50% of his guest slots. Sometimes you don't know someone is full of *** until they start speaking, and then it's too late. Often times a great-sounding line-up turns out to be easily refutable nonsense. That can take it's toll on someone who does a 4-hour radio show in the middle of the night every monday-friday.

I can see why Art retired, and why Noory is considering it. It's a tough job.

Now as for a replacement... my favorite is Ian Punnett. At first I thought he was too technical and mainstream. But he has greatly expanded his horizons since a couple years ago, and is now dealing with spiritualism and philosophical topics in greater frequency.

He's VERY engaging with guests. He probably offers the most input of any other C2C host, but what he has to say is usually highly intelligent, interesting, informative, and relevant to the subject at hand. I love it because he will ALWAYS call his guests on their BS or when they are vague... or he will make a solid effort to be on the same page, asking for clarification on various issues. He sometimes seems to read my mind during these interjections of his, asking his guest exactly what I would but in a much more concise way than I'd be capable of. I think he sometimes gets some boring guests on, and I wish he had more nights with C2C, but if he became the main host, both those problems would vanish and he'd be #1.

George Knapp is probably the smartest and most intelligent of all the hosts. He's a science (mainly astronomy) buff which is probably why I love him so much, but he's only on once a month or so. He doesn't have a very engaging personality and the shows can become a bit drab from time to time but he has great potential.

Art Bell is like a mixture of all of the above. I started listening after he had left, but I've heard many shows of his from records. Very sharp fellow, with a good sense of discernment.

So my vote is for Ian Punnett =)

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I agree the callers do get irritating,when there is a guest with alot of information to cover, but on the other hand you never know when one of the guests has incredible information as well. there is a lot of love for art, but he is not coming back, and george is doing a great job with the show. I can't wait to hear who will take his place though. two rather large sets of shoes to fill.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The triumphant return of Mr. Bell would be lovely but alas, that's about as likely as finding Mel's hole.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well if George should decide to change that decision he made a long time ago then I wouldn't mind his staying. I don't think he is bad at all. Just wish he would hang up on some of the crazy callers.

Stari

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stari

He said he was going to retire and his last show would be on December 21, 2012. Has anyone heard who will be his replacement?

December 21, 2012.... Of course....

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
George stated last year that he had just resigned with premiere radio for another couple of years and has repeatedly said that he will remain with C2C for as long as they'll have him. The Dec 21, 2012 was never meant to be a firm deadline and as we've grown closer and closer to that date George revised his decision and said that he'll remain as long as he's wanted.

top topics

join