It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic finds corpse, but not the one she was looking for

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Psychic finds corpse, but not the one she was looking for

www.datelinezero.com

In the dream, the girl was murdered and then the body was dumped in a nearby park. The area was searched, and a remains were found. The gruesome find was just a torso — headless, limbless, and wrapped in plastic.

But the body was not that of the missing 6-year-old. Rather, the body is of another person who had been missing for some time. While the police are doing forensics tests, and the area is being searched for the missing head, the police are pretty certain that the body is of a missing 31-year-old named Kristi McDougall.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.ninemsn.com.au
www.perthnow.com.au[ /url]
[url=http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3093616/Psychic-finds-wrong-corpse.html]www.thesun.co.uk

www.enmorespiritualistchurch.com

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This is interesting and all. The lady "saw" a murder and went through a large park and identified where the body was. ...only to find a different body. And apparently the woman in charge of the investigation (or at least, who oversaw the park search) seems to believe.

But I would wonder if something else was up, and have the psychic investigated. I believe, and all that. But there's that little voice in my head that still says "dammit, be rational!"

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Oh yeah. I definitely think the "psychic" should be the prime suspect. Not saying I don't believe psychics are real, but what better way to murder someone than to say you "had a psychic vision of a body" of a little girl in a park, only to have a separate body found, making you look completely innocent.

I think this person is using a flawed vision as an excuse to get away with murder. She trying to make herself look innocent by getting the details wrong in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

On the news here yesterday, the detective said they were very interested in investigating the woman's dream claim. I'm pretty sure they don't believe her story.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Beh. You know what they say "Any corpse in a storm."

I agree that this strongly implies involvement, even if accessory after the fact, on the part of the so-called "psychic".

I wonder if her defense will be like "Oh, did you say John??? I thought you said "Dawn"... My bad."

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It goes to show that on one hand we have evidence of psychic phenomenon, but on the other, it can't be controlled most of the time.

Too bad we didn't grow up with a professor Exavier to teach us the way.

Good thread none the less.

Edit: It seems that there are a lot of "disbelievers" here?

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Maybe the woman was murdered by the same person the child was and thats why the psychic dream was in that park...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Until you have had a precognitive dream that you can remember you cannot begin to understand how it works.

It is like remembering something but its a memory that never happened and you dreamed it. This Psychic picked up on the other dead persons energy in a precognitive dream and in her conscience state her rational mind associated it with the recent missing girl.

The prosecuting attorney will probably use her to "clear" the other case, get a notch on his belt and send her up the river. Her mistake was coming forward. Not a good idea in this world of crooked prosecutors. :shk:

[edit on 12-8-2010 by LoneGunMan]

MBF

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Has any psychics ever won the lottery? It might prove how good they are.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The psychic was an Aboriginal Elder if that is of any consequence...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

I think this person is using a flawed vision as an excuse to get away with murder. She trying to make herself look innocent by getting the details wrong in my opinion.

This is ridiculous. Why would she even focus attention on herself if she did it?

She could've said nothing, and noone would've connected her to the murder.

I can't believe the people in this thread that come to the conclusion that the psychic woman must be the killer.

Is it that hard to believe that she has some sort of power?

Makes more sense than her putting herself out there while being the murderer.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Is it possible the person claiming to be psychic is just fame whoring? By that I mean, they found the body by accident going for a walk, and then to get some attention they say that it was a 'psychic vision'? Just something to think about.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

I have to agree with you. Just because she found a body does not mean sh is involved in putting it there. Its not whether anyone believes her or not. it is whether or not there is evidence that she was involved and so far there is none. Of course the police will investigate her claim. Not investigating it would mean they are not doing their job properly.

I am not saying she is or is not involved because i don't know the whole story. We don't understand dreams. I dream all the time...and sometimes the most intense dreams possible. So assuming she did have a dream, then why is it so hard to believe hers actually turned out to be true? After all, for me, my dreams often involve familiar things, in unfamiliar places. Would be interesting to know what the rest of her dream involved.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
Is it possible the person claiming to be psychic is just fame whoring? By that I mean, they found the body by accident going for a walk, and then to get some attention they say that it was a 'psychic vision'? Just something to think about.

That was my first thought too. But then, she didn't go to the media. She tried to discreetly go to the police.

I think that it was the police who gabbed to the media about her, in a press conference.

So that adds a lot of credibility. And as ghostsoldier pointed out, the lady is an Aboriginal Elder. Dreaming is taken pretty seriously -- esp if you are an Elder.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Instead of the “psychic” being the murderer, or fame whoring or what have you and instead of her being real, it could very well be that she knows the person who did the murder and at least wanted the family to get the body without turning over the person who did it.

When it comes to protecting the ones we love and care about some people will go to great links to help them yet also see that others are helped as well.

I suspect she knows who committed the act but is only revealing where the body was.

Raist

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

a guilty conscience
needs no accuser.

new topics

top topics

join