It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top secret anti-gravity craft hit World Trade Center (hoax topic)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
So you basically just accused ATS of doing the exact same thing as those money hungry conspiracy theorists spreading lies!!...

Not at all...

I even said in my post that I'm sure some of the 9/11 "truthers" are the real deal -- i.e. people who believe what they are saying and honestly want to spread the word (although that does not necessarily make their belief correct).

My post was just pointing out the fact that just because someone isn't "selling something" on their website, that does not mean that they are not making any money. I'm just saying that just because you have never bought anything from a 9/11 website, that automatically means the website's intentions are pure. That may not necessarily be that case.

That is to say: just because they make money does not automatically make them charlatans, BUT CONVERSELY, just because they don't have items for sale on the website does not automatically make them "pure".

PLUS, as I alluded to above, just because a person may be passionate and honest about his or her belief in a 9/11 conspiracy, that does not make the conspiracy any more true. There are a lot of people passionate about a lot of subjects out there, and inevitably some of those passionate people are misguided.

[edit on 8/16/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I wasn't trying to imply that the theories they are coming up with are all true, in fact I believe alot of them are very far reaching. However I don't necessarily think they are making up their theories to cash in on a 9-11 conspiracy cash cow. They are most likely just passionately misguided.

Even with this topic and its video. As far reaching as holographic CGI edited plane UFO illusions are, I don't believe it was constructed solely to milk the 9-11 cash cow. There is far too much research, effort put forth to merit the returns they could possibly get. In fact at the end of the video I don't even remeber him trying to sell a DvD but I do remeber him saying to get the word out.

Im just trying to squash the general sweeping idea that conspiracy researchers are milking a 9-11 cash cow and are knowingly making up and presenting wild ideas for monetary/publicity gain.

Alex Jones, I havn't made my mind up on him yet but I also try not to. I don't subscribe to everything he says but he has some very good points. He does alot of research and more often then not has evidence to back up the claims/assertions.

Jesse Ventura, former navy seal and very constitutionaly oriented he obviously has some experience and a perspective on politics we don't hear from alot. Do I subscribe to everything he says? Nope...but he too has some very good points.

Mr. Greer, Not sure what to make of this guy either although if you patiently sift through the wild far out claims and subtopics he as well has some good points. He claims the governments of the world are in collusion? I find it hard to disagree. He says they are hiding technology that could vastly change life on earth. I may not agree on the specific technology being available or existing at all, but if it did I definately agree they would do everything in their power to suppress it as its in conflict of their power interests.

David Icke, again if you sift through the reptile people and hyperdimensional universal all knowing supreme consciousness of prophetic visions and lucid dream states you can find some very logical concepts.

-The idea we live in a box with walls of fear of being ridiculed by peers/masses is real. I've seen it sway the beliefs of people away from their true feelings and more towards the concensus.

-The concepts of power hungry nations and governments that drool over controlling the masses are not fantasy, they are very very real.
The 5-95% rule proves this. 5% of the worlds population controls 95% of its wealth and resources. If thats evidence of a consolidation of power I do not know what is.

In the end you are right in saying NOT ALL conspiracy "nuts" are in it for the fame and money. I agree not everything they say is true or factual or even possible.

Consider it fully before you dismiss it.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Sly1one]

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Sly1one]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I can respect what you are saying. However, as I said before, simply because someone is passionate about a subject and spends a lot of time writing about a subject does not necessarily add any merit to the "truthfulness" of that subject.

For example, there are people who are seriously passionate about the subject of tarot card reading (American Tarot Association, for example). They honestly believe that they can predict the future through Tarot cards. Does their passion for the subject and the time they spend make Tarot reading more believable to me? No, not at all -- but I can respect their passion for the subject, even though my common sense tells me it's all a bunch of "hooey".

Another example would be the people who are passionate about the idea that two airliners hijacked by Al-Qaeda crashed into the World Trade Towers. There are average Americans spending their own time and energy writing about this subject. They are equally as passionate that these WERE real planes as the hologram-believers opinion that they weren't real.

I suppose what I'm asking is this:
If you are basing your opinion on the idea that spending a lot of time and energy on a subject lends merit to the validity of that subject, then why would you feel that one group (the pro-hologram group) is more believable than the equally passionate group who says the hijacked planes were real?

Just like the Tarot cards, my common sense tells me the hologram theory is all a bunch of hooey, no matter how passionate it's believers may be. We can't rely on the passion of others to shape our opinions of a subject -- there will be people on all sides of an issue with equal passions. We need to instead use our own common sense.

[edit on 8/16/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join