It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lingering Satanism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Today I was with my friend at my others friends house when I needed to use the bathroom. Now, the lay out of this house (Similar to my old house) is like..a small, twisting hallway. A long straightaway, which is also narrow. It then curves left, and left again at the end. And there are a few rooms on the sides of the walls. Anyway, his little brother, also my friend at one point was one of those kids...always looking for who he was. Since he couldn't fit in anywhere else, I guess he had become a "satanist" for a short period of time. I know he had books and such of the subject, but I wasn't sure how far into it he really went. Anyway, he's an athiest now. I was walking down the hallway, tried to turn on the light but it was broken I guess. It's hard to explain..but I'll try. I was going down the long, dark hallway and the bathroom was coming up on my right. I had about 5-10 feet in between me and the bathroom. It was just about pitch black in that hallway. My friend who had been into satanism's room was straight across, and past the bathroom facing me. I know that there is fear of the dark, but I got the worst, scariest feeling of just...it's hard to explain. It kind of sent chills up my spine. I actually went back to the living room before finally just braving it and going back. It was very strange, I usually don't scare easily...especially from something small like a dark hallway. My question is, could there have still been something there, even though he's an athiest now?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Could be.. you never know. Maybe he was just in a REALLY bad mood the last time he was in his room and left a little aura behind. Or could even be you were kinda thinking about that whole satanism thing in the back of your head and scared yourself

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
once every few months i get that feeling from windows. i get so scared i will crawl behind furniture and stuff to avoid being viewed from the window. its like im sure there is something bad out there. who knows what it is? but i swear its something, even if its just bad energy.
i "tried" to do spells when i was a young teenager that people said i shouldn't have, and my ex of 4 years was a satanist...

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   
you could try to have your home cleansed.. try a local easy going church group.

smudge the house with burning sage and put blessed sea salt in the corners of the rooms

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
While I find paranormal subjects fascinating, the subject of satanism generally cracks me up.

Anton Szandor LaVey's version of satanism, (i.e. the First Church of Satan) doesn't have anything to do with the Christian satan (Lucifer). They don't even believe that satan exists. Satanism is simply materialism. But don't take my word for it, you can see for yourself here at Satanism 101.

Now, I'm not saying that there aren't places and people that are evil, it's just that people are generally confused as to what satanism actually is. It's a type of religion in which the worship of a higher power (other than yourself) doesn't exist. It's materialism, and the hilarious part is, that most people are satanists, whether they claim to be or not. Check out the link and the basic tenets of satanism and see if it doesn't match several people that you know.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well it's my feeling that just because there is no satan doesn't mean there are not satanitists and they aren't dangerous. If you whorship evil .. evil will find you and being the spirits can lie they can tell those satanists anything they want.

The Church of Satan is pretty much as you described it
but I doubt all Satanists belong to it... maybe those are the dangerous ones

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Ouizel, that is only one type of satanism, there are others who believe in the christian satan and worship him for it as an actual figure, instead of a force of nature. The non-LaVey Satanists are the scary ones.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Well, it just a guess, but you are probably just freakin' yourself out all on your own. Walking down a dark hallway or whatever and thinking or even just the thought in your mind of "My friend was a Satanist!" "My friend was a Satanist". That alone will cause you to scare yourself.

That is why you don't think stuff like that while walking around in the dark, or in spooky woods alone and things like that. Just like when you're a kid and you think there are monsters under your bed so you don't let your feet hang off the bed. Or monsters in your closet. You don't spend your life in bed or never open your closet. You kick those thoughts out and hop out of bed and open your closet.

Another possibility is that in an old house like that there might have been something in there or near there creating Infrasound Vibrations which can cause that type of feeling. Infrasound is below our hearing range and can cause all sorts of sensations of ghosts, depression, sadness, fear, even blurred vision or hallucinations. Infrasound can be caused by all sorts of things too, many of which are naturally occurring in nature. It was first discovered by a Russian scientist working with robotics that would get feelings of sickness while in the lab. He found out it was being caused by an old Vent Shaft and Fan that attached to the room. The old fan and vent shaft was creating very Low Vibrations that he could not hear that would physically and mentally effect him. Read more on Infrasound if you want as it's very interesting.

Either way, quit thinking about Satan while walking in the dark hallway to take a pee!! Get mean if ya have to and tell those demons that like it or not you gotta take a leak and if they want to mess with ya they'll have to take a number!!

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnusualMe
The Church of Satan is pretty much as you described it
but I doubt all Satanists belong to it... maybe those are the dangerous ones

Generally speaking, Satanism and Devil (evil) worship are two different things. I wasn't saying that there aren't evil people who are very dangerous out there, obviously there are. I will admit that I was being pedantic. And, it is entirely possible that there is some sort of psychic impression in that room that's causing the odd feelings. Whether or not it had anything to do with Devil worship could well be entirely irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yeah, maybe it was just my mind freaking me out.. I forgot to mention as well, another thing that added a creepy aspect to it is that his radio was on. It was on kinda low and with that crackling sound haha. And yeah, I did wind up walking through and into the bathroom. Their house in general is a little creepy. It's kinda cool as well, but it's so....free is the only way I can describe it. It's very messy, and the tile and some paint isn't finished. But everyone is like..welcome. His mom and boyfriend are mexican, and they always have lots of food that the freely give out. Sorry to go off topic, but you can see why someone would experiment while living in a house like that (not dissing the house, it's really cool).

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Their house in general is a little creepy. It's kinda cool as well, but it's so....free is the only way I can describe it. It's very messy, and the tile and some paint isn't finished. But everyone is like..welcome. His mom and boyfriend are Mexican, and they always have lots of food that the freely give out. Sorry to go off topic, but you can see why someone would experiment while living in a house like that (not dissing the house, it's really cool).

Ummmm....I don't understand what you mean. Why someone would experiment while living in a house like that??? Like what??? Old comfortable house where you feel welcomed and are given food and treated with individual respect. That kind of house? Yeah, I guess an environment like that would make anyone into a Satanist...
(sarcastic)

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
My point of view.....it is religion based......

If you invite a evil or demonic presence into your life, and then later change your mind and decide you believe in something new, you still haven't got rid of the evil presence. If you get rid of the evil presence, but dont fill that gap with God, then later you will end up with even more evil presences. Any time you take away, something comes to fill the spot. Demons are tricky too, they have enough patience to scuplt you into what they need to infiltrate your life. If you were scared, you should be and as far as Im concerned anyone who tells you its just nerves has fallen for satans biggest trick. The devil doesn't exist

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
could be that the child who's now an athiest open the door to something creepy, bad spirits find the young easy prey.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by kode]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well Mojom, as I may have mentioned earlier, that house is very open. While it is comforable and relaxed, it also has just about no rules, boundries, or guidelines. The parents are hardly home, most of the kids were left to raise themselves. The parents are very nice, but he's just so used to a free, boundless lifestyle that I guess he got bored of "Plain old christianity". That's what I mean, sorry if I left it to be interpreted differently. Popeye, I'm a christian and I do think maybe he did leave something lingering there...hmm

new topics

top topics

join